896 users online (135 members and 761 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    464

    MI - Jennifer Webb, 32, pregnant, found murdered, Buena Vista, 30 Aug 2011

    Pregnant woman found near police gun range IDd by family

    http://www.wnem.com/story/15367318/s...hip?hpt=ju_bn5

    Snipped:
    The body was discovered near a private gun range that is frequented by law enforcement officers on Outer Drive.


    And something a bit strange:
    Buena Vista Township Police Chief Brian Booker says the case has been turned over to Prosecutor Thomas.

    And, in many cases, state police are called in when a law enforcement officer is involved.

    "I thought it best that [the Michigan State Police] investigate this situation," said Booker. "The prosecutor has been informed; he's been at the scene. Everything else has to come from the prosecutor's office."


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,374
    Quote Originally Posted by hellinor View Post
    Pregnant woman found near police gun range IDd by family

    http://www.wnem.com/story/15367318/s...hip?hpt=ju_bn5

    Snipped:
    The body was discovered near a private gun range that is frequented by law enforcement officers on Outer Drive.


    And something a bit strange:
    Buena Vista Township Police Chief Brian Booker says the case has been turned over to Prosecutor Thomas.

    And, in many cases, state police are called in when a law enforcement officer is involved.

    "I thought it best that [the Michigan State Police] investigate this situation," said Booker. "The prosecutor has been informed; he's been at the scene. Everything else has to come from the prosecutor's office."

    BBM

    I heard the statment , but no forground for why they would make such a statement . Could it be due to location or was she intimate with an officer ?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    36,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulmagent View Post

    BBM

    I heard the statment , but no forground for why they would make such a statement . Could it be due to location or was she intimate with an officer ?
    Could she have been a police officer?
    Just my opinion, of course.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,374
    Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Could she have been a police officer?
    Why wouldnt the state police have released that? good thinking she could have been I guess.

    I kinda think topix might get hot on this one.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    231
    http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/in...being_tre.html

    Saginaw County Prosecutor Michael D. Thomas has identified a woman found deceased Tuesday night in Buena Vista Township as 32-year-old Jennifer M. Webb, saying he’s “treating this as a homicide until we can determine it’s something else.”
    Comments are interesting...seems the locals know exactly what happened and are fearing a LE coverup

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    231
    http://www.abc12.com/story/15379740/...ody-identified

    Friends of 32-year-old Jennifer Webb say she confided in them about her relationship with a married Buena Vista Township Police Officer. It is the same officer who found her body.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,481
    Quote Originally Posted by ylime11 View Post
    http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/in...being_tre.html



    Comments are interesting...seems the locals know exactly what happened and are fearing a LE coverup
    to say the least

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,374
    If I was a local I think I would feel afraid of a cover up as well.

    That poor woman and her baby. Comments of locals are suggesting a rope was used in some context of the crime scene and they are worried a suspect might be getting away with a murder.
    Like the rope was to lend itself to a suicide theory.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,666
    A Buena Vista Police Officer has been charged in the murder of a pregnant woman.

    Kenneth Blue has been charged with premeditated murder in the death of Jenny Webb. Prosecutor Mike Thomas says her body was found by Officer Tim Patterson at a police gun range in Buena Vista just before midnight on August 31, 2011. Prosecutor Thomas says the woman was strangled, and that resulted in the death of her unborn baby, Braxton James, as well.

    He also says that Bluew was armed and on duty when detectives believe he committed the crime. You can read more details on the crime scene and initial reports by clicking here.

    http://www.connectmidmichigan.com/ne...3#.Tm-CK-zNcgg

    More and mugshot at link.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    19,921
    http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/in...eals_hear.html

    For Webb and her parents, Don and Dawn Webb, "Jenny" was at the forefront of their minds this week when a reporter told them that Bluew is seeking a new trial.

    Bluew's new attorney on Tuesday, Aug. 5, argued for a retrial before the Michigan Court of Appeals in Lansing.

    Bluew, 39, is serving life in prison without the possibility of parole for the first-degree premeditated murder of Webb, who was going to name their son Braxton.




Similar Threads

  1. MI MI - Eric Franks, 40, Buena Vista Twp, 21 March 2011 - #2
    By longtallcold in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 237
    Last Post: 10-29-2016, 11:21 AM
  2. GUILTY VA - Susana Cisneros, 24, pregnant, found murdered, Richmond, 9 March 2011
    By Tinsamd in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-19-2015, 03:19 PM
  3. GUILTY PA - Jennifer Snyder, 27, pregnant, found murdered, North Whitehall, 16 March 2011
    By Filly in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-07-2015, 03:12 PM
  4. MI MI - Eric Franks, 40, Buena Vista Twp, 21 March 2011 - #1
    By longtallcold in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 1926
    Last Post: 03-09-2015, 05:43 PM
  5. MI MI - Eric Franks, 40, Buena Vista Twp, 21 Mar 2011 media/timeline thread
    By nursebeeme in forum Missing but not forgotten Timeline Forum and Media Links
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-07-2015, 02:41 PM

Tags for this Thread