Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren,44, Signal Mountain, 30 April, 2011 - #11

Hybrid View

TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren,44, Signal Mountain, 30 April, 2011 - #11

I pm'd JBean this morning and she gave me permission to open a new thread.

MP put their house up for sale.

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/...sts-home-sale/

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Shelby1 For This Useful Post:

FIRST ON 3: Missing woman's husband lists home for sale
    Updated: Sep 02, 2011 9:28 AM EDT

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/15378077...-home-for-sale

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to fireflylink For This Useful Post:

Oriah is offline Verified Expert/Professional in SAR and K9SAR
    Hi firefly...
    Someone needs better advice from their attorney.
    Jeez, these poor kids.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Oriah View Post
    Hi firefly...
    Someone needs better advice from their attorney.
    Jeez, these poor kids.
    Wow, just wow! I'm sure he needs money but who would buy that? If all our prayers are answered and she shows up, they are totally out of luck.

I think somebody needs a new attorney altogether.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CatFancier For This Useful Post:

Oriah,
    I agree, is truly sad for the children

Makes it all that much more imperative that the investigation and search efforts be stepped up and that GP is found quickly.

The leaves are falling and gathering on the ground, foliage is falling back and receeding slowly. Perhaps that will help in locating her. Who would have though when this all started that we would be glad to see winter coming...

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to fireflylink For This Useful Post:

fireflylink- do you know whether or not 127, 27, 8 are being sprayed by mosquito control currently? TIA.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:

fireflylink- do you know whether or not 127, 27, 8 are being sprayed by mosquito control currently? TIA.
    I is my understanding that mosquito control has been reduced for budgetary reasons, so I would have to say I do not know for sure. However, there have been crews out mowing and clearing the edges of the roads and around utility easements for the past couple weeks. Not exactly what you asked, but I think is along the same lines you may be thinking.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fireflylink For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by fireflylink View Post
    I is my understanding that mosquito control has been reduced for budgetary reasons, so I would have to say I do not know for sure. However, there have been crews out mowing and clearing the edges of the roads and around utility easements for the past couple weeks. Not exactly what you asked, but I think is along the same lines you may be thinking.
    Thanks, firefly.

Mowing is good.

I was hoping for mosquito abatement, for the low aerials.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:

Thanks, firefly.

Mowing is good.

I was hoping for mosquito abatement, for the low aerials.

That's a really good idea!

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shelby1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby1 View Post
    That's a really good idea!
    I'm on it.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:

I keeping hoping everyday that "today is the day" we get a break in the case. With fall coming up, as you've all mentioned, we may get the break we've been hoping for. I can't believe it's been over 4 months. Please pray for Gail Marie and her 2 beautiful children. We miss her so much. <3
    MacGyver: If I had some duct tape, I could fix that.

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MacGyver For This Useful Post:

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.

Hmmmp. Interesting:

The Chattanooga Times Free Press obtained copies of the couple’s will as well as power of attorney documents drafted in LaGrange, Ky., in 2006. The couple lived in Kentucky at the time.

The will says that, in the event of Gail Palmgren’s death, everything belongs to her husband.

The power of attorney states that, in the event something happened to Gail Palmgren’s mental state, her husband would be able to sell property. However, in order for the document to take effect, doctors must sign off, stating Gail Palmgren is incapacitated, records state.

ETA: I wonder if this is the same for Matt?

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hollyblue View Post
    Hmmmp. Interesting:

The Chattanooga Times Free Press obtained copies of the couple’s will as well as power of attorney documents drafted in LaGrange, Ky., in 2006. The couple lived in Kentucky at the time.

The will says that, in the event of Gail Palmgren’s death, everything belongs to her husband.

The power of attorney states that, in the event something happened to Gail Palmgren’s mental state, her husband would be able to sell property. However, in order for the document to take effect, doctors must sign off, stating Gail Palmgren is incapacitated, records state.

ETA: I wonder if this is the same for Matt?

I wondered the same thing.

Also, my husband and I just got done doing extensive work on both a will and a trust. The lawyers and accountants that helped us asked every question under the sun, but at NO time did either of our "mental states" ever come up. IMO, either MP or GP had to have asked about that stipulation.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shelby1 For This Useful Post:

I wondered the same thing.

Also, my husband and I just got done doing extensive work on both a will and a trust. The lawyers and accountants that helped us asked every question under the sun, but at NO time did either of our "mental states" ever come up. IMO, either MP or GP had to have asked about that stipulation.
    I totally wondered about the "mental state" issue. I had never heard that used before. I could understand if this was declared for both parties. I also agree one or the other asked/requested this stipulation.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to JayCeeVee For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hollyblue View Post

Golly, that's a shock.

I am not a lawyer, this is just speculation: I suspect MP can't pay the mortgage and hopes, if a seller is found, that a judge will sign off on allowing him to sell the house while Gail is missing. And considering what we have seen from judges thus far, MP is probably making a safe bet that a judge WILL agree to the sale. Just MVHO.

If MP is obligated legally to protect Gail's half of the house (asset), but he can't afford to pay the mortgage, then his lawyers surely could argue that his only option to protect her half was to sell and get the money. If a judge agrees, well, there's nothing anyone can do to stop it.
    WHERE IS GAIL PALMGREN?
    Discussion thread * Media links * Timeline

"Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action." -- Auric Goldfinger

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to glorias For This Useful Post:

Thank you Shelby1 and thank you JBean.
    "It's been clear from day one that the contradicting statements from the family members are not the truth," said Capt. Johnny Greenwood, spokesman for the Putnam County Sheriff's Office.

JUSTICE HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED AND HIDDEN IN THE LAW

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Emeralgem For This Useful Post:

I have always wondered if family/friends/or anyone has tried tracking her car through the VIN number....the dealer who sold it/serviced it would have that on file, as well as the insurance company and the car tag bureau (whatever it might be called in TN).....if that number is available, then anyone can track any current activity with the car by getting a car fax or similar service report.

jmo

34. The Following User Says Thank You to raeann For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by raeann View Post
    I have always wondered if family/friends/or anyone has tried tracking her car through the VIN number....the dealer who sold it/serviced it would have that on file, as well as the insurance company and the car tag bureau (whatever it might be called in TN).....if that number is available, then anyone can track any current activity with the car by getting a car fax or similar service report.

jmo
    Hi Raeann,

Good question.

The VIN # has been tracked, and still is being tracked, as far as I know.

Some1
    "Your Intuition Is Your Genius Compass that Points the Way When You Can't See It."

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Some1Nose For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Some1Nose View Post
    Hi Raeann,

Good question.

The VIN # has been tracked, and still is being tracked, as far as I know.

Some1
    Yes Some1, thanks. The VIN tracking is a continual and ongoing project which will continue until Gail is located and this case is resloved.

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to fireflylink For This Useful Post:

The TFP article interviewed attorney John Cavett about the possibility of MP selling the house:

Another alternative is for Matthew Palmgren to file for divorce in Chancery Court or Civil Court. Gail Palmgren would be listed as a defendant in the case and, because she is missing, a legal notice would have to run in the newspaper for 30 days in an effort to notify her, said John Cavett

John Cavett is MP's mother's lawyer. Someone removed his name from the article after it was first published, but we mentioned the original version of the article here:

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthr...=143418&page=2

The article used to say:

We spoke with John Cavett, attorney for Julanne Palmgren, Matthew's mother. He said they gave authorities permission to search the apartment.
    It was revised to say:

We spoke with an attorney for Julanne Palmgren, Matthew's mother. He said they gave authorities permission to search the apartment.
    http://www.newschannel9.com/articles...n-julanne.html
    WHERE IS GAIL PALMGREN?

"Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action." -- Auric Goldfinger

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to glorias For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by glorias View Post
    The TFP article interviewed attorney John Cavett about the possibility of MP selling the house:

John Cavett is MP's mother's lawyer. Someone removed his name from the article after it was first published, but we mentioned the original version of the article here:

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthr...=143418&page=2

The article used to say:

It was revised to say:

http://www.newschannel9.com/articles...n-julanne.html
    That's odd. Why would he care?

Quote Originally Posted by raeann View Post

jmo
    A lot of people are tracking the VIN. There's some info on it in the Location Thread, and I know that LE has the VIN. An email/flyer with the last 6 of the VIN has been sent out to a lot of places as well. So far, no hits.

Personally, I think that means the Jeep is hidden or under water, or it was chopped up.
    WHERE IS GAIL PALMGREN?

43. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to glorias For This Useful Post:

"Another alternative is for Matthew Palmgren to file for divorce in Chancery Court or Civil Court. Gail Palmgren would be listed as a defendant in the case and, because she is missing, a legal notice would have to run in the newspaper for 30 days in an effort to notify her", said John Cavett, a local defense attorney.

If he was to run a notice in the local newspaper for 30 days with no response, how long would it take for him to obtain a divorce if he filed immediately after the 30 day notification? Anyone know?
    IIRC at one time a person could get a divorce, if it was uncontested, in about a month to six weeks after filing..JMHO

ETA.. Is Cavett saying Matt P could file first and then would have to run a legal notice for 30 days?
    "It's been clear from day one that the contradicting statements from the family members are not the truth," said Capt. Johnny Greenwood, spokesman for the Putnam County Sheriff's Office.

JUSTICE HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED AND HIDDEN IN THE LAW

45. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emeralgem For This Useful Post:

believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    Quote Originally Posted by Emeralgem View Post

"Another alternative is for Matthew Palmgren to file for divorce in Chancery Court or Civil Court. Gail Palmgren would be listed as a defendant in the case and, because she is missing, a legal notice would have to run in the newspaper for 30 days in an effort to notify her", said John Cavett, a local defense attorney.

If he was to run a notice in the local newspaper for 30 days with no response, how long would it take for him to obtain a divorce if he filed immediately after the 30 day notification? Anyone know?
    IIRC at one time a person could get a divorce, if it was uncontested, in about a month to six weeks after filing..JMHO

ETA.. Is Cavett saying Matt P could file first and then would have to run a legal notice for 30 days?
    This makes no sense at all to me. Then I would think someone should be able to step forward and maintain her interests.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

47. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emeralgem View Post

I'm really curious how this is going to play out. IMO, he can file for legal separation like he did on May 6, but I can't see a divorce down the road even with desertion...they would have to prove she's still alive and chose to desert. kwim?? JMO, but I don't think he's worried about getting divorced to remarry...just the financials and his responsibilities legally of having a wife. There's a seven year time period..tho I've read where it can be shortened down to 5. I don't know what the stipulations are for that scenario. Surely under the circumstances, someone will have to be acting in GP's best interests... the children and her assets.

What a catastrophe for the children to go through.... I could just scream! I hope they are seeing a counselor at least on a weekly basis with everything they are having to deal with. What turmoil.

49. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast