Television Host's Baby, Babysitter Die on Long Island

Reality Orlando

Verified Aquaculturalist
Reaction score
This is very sad and very strange.

"A one-month-old baby boy died after he was found unresponsive underneath the body of his unconscious babysitter at his Long Island home.

The baby is the child of Michael Baldwin II, a News 12 reporter and host of the program "Diverse Long Island."

Baldwin told NBC New York the babysitter, 39-year-old Teresa Coffey, was an acquaintance of his wife and had been asking for an opportunity to watch the infant. When Baldwin was called into work Thursday, he said he was in a bind and felt he had no other option but to ask Coffey to babysit."

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Long-Island-Baby-Death-News-12-Michael-Baldwin-Anchor-Reporter-129101088.html?f

Oh my gosh, how horrible. I wonder if she had a heart attack or something... while she was holding him.

Oh my... That is awful, beyond tragic.

However, maybe I've been reading here to long but man something doesn't seem right about this. Where in heavens name was baby's mom, this little guy was only 1 month old and he had a really hard first month of life, having to be in the hospital for weeks after he was born. To leave him with someone whom was only an acquaintance of Mom?? WTH.

The sitter calls Dad at work to say baby is crying and really fussy in a voicemail cause Dad didn't answer his phone. I'm sorry but if my baby was with a sitter at any age let alone being a sickly 1 month old, I sure the heck would answer my phone no matter what my job was. Dad calls back and there is no answer... He leaves work and by time he gets home both are deceased with baby UNDER the sitter. It makes no sense, I would like to see the autopsy results for both baby and sitter.

Did she kill the baby unintentionally while trying to get him to settledown and then take her own life??? How far away from home did Dad work? Again where is Mom? What was so important at work to leave baby with a practical stranger? If it was editing or something to do with his show, could he not have brought the baby with him? I understand with baby's medical history bringing him out may not be the best option but it sure beats the alternative, if it's that important for him to be at work.

I pray that Mom and Dad find the strength and courage they will need during this awful time. I don't think there are any words of comfort for a parent who loses a child.

RIP littleman

This is one of those stories that just completely tugs at my heart strings. I will definitely be keeping this family in my prayers.

I, also, wondered where the mother was. That was my first thought.

This is one of those stories that just completely tugs at my heart strings. I will definitely be keeping this family in my prayers.

I, also, wondered where the mother was. That was my first thought.

Maybe she had a doctors appointment?

Being from Long Island, I have access to the News 12 site. The posters on the message board indicated this was their first child (after mom being told she would never have children) and the mother was hospitalized for post-partum complications at the time of the incident. Just so tragic!

Thanks MyMeow, like I said up thread I pray they find the courage and strength.

This is just so sad
What a beautiful little boy .
I so so sorry for this family
They will be in my prayers

Maybe something happened to the little one accidentlly and the babysitter took her own life in guilt ?
Boy , I hope this family has some peace

Daily Mail:

When he failed to find his one-month-old son he returned to the living room where Ms Coffey was, 'slumped on the couch, face down, her knees on the floor,' he told the New York Post.

'I just had this funny feeling she was on top of him.

'I lifted her and he was underneath. He was lying on his back with his hands folded on his stomach.

'He was blue... I just grabbed him and called his name - I knew he was dead.'
---
After calling back 'dozens of times' with no response, he returned home to find Ms Coffey collapsed.

'The woman was described as extremely heavy,' Detective Lieutenant Gerard Pelkofsky told the New York Post.

'She was extremely large-breasted... Because of the amount of flesh, it could have caused the baby to suffocate.'

A bottle of prescription pills was found next to Ms Coffey, who was known to have medical problems.
Much more, with pictures, at link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-reporter-died-babysitter-collapsed-died.html

Thanks so much wf
What a cutie pie
and what a tragic accident !
Bless all their hearts

That is one of the saddest stories I've ever heard. God my heart goes out to them both. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back