Jessie Goes without Electricity?

Pensfan

Former Member
Reaction score
Damien and Jason party with the stars wearing designer eyewear, but Jessie isn't allocated $300 to get his electricity turned on? With the over one million dollars that the Free the WM3 fund generated (some sites estimate 10 million dollars), why doesn't Lorri give $300 to Jessie so he can have his electricity turned on? Why is this happening?
http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/archives/2011/09/04/life-after-prison-for-west-memphis-three
http://www.memphisinvestments.com/banks/life-after-prison-for-west-memphis-three/

Depending on the way that it was collected (without looking at any of the financial info on Arkansas Take Action or any of the information they provide to those who donate to their 501 (c) 3), they may not be allowed to just throw them $300 of the supporters money. they say that they are still trying to prove their innocent and that may be the only way that they are allowed to keep it. Like I said, I have not looked into any of their records, or how they have spent the money, how much has come in and what the plans are with any that is left (with the defense team working pro bono, I would assume that there shouldn't be much from before they were released) but if it was collected to help pay for the testing to prove their innocence then it may only be able to be used for that. But like I said, I don't know specifically about this case.

Because our justice system is not one of rehabilitation, it is called the "penal system" for a reason. I think it is noble of him to respond he needs a job as opposed to "Please give me $300 bucks!" I hope he can get on his feet and perhaps someone with a heart and who knows the facts of the case (hence their innocence) will give him a job.

I am confident that, once his plight is brought to the attention of the right people, he will get the money for his electricity. I'm assuming that the $300 is like a deposit since he hasn't had an account in his name before. That's pretty much SOP for most electric companies from my experience. For anyone who wants to help Jessie out, here's his PO box, courtesy of wm3.org:

Jessie Misskelley Jr
PO Box 1354
West Memphis AR 72303

I am bothered by the idea that all this time, effort and money was put into trying to gain their freedom, but nothing was set up for them to have the means to support themselves until they can gain employment. It could have been done and in my opinion should have been done. There is a lot of money and a lot of monied people involved in this and for this step to not have been taken seems very odd. These guys all come from very poor families that may not be in a position to help them at all. Everyone involved knows that. Makes no sense to me.

I think it was quite a shock that things happened so quickly (you know "the system" usually take for freaking ever) and had there been more time to prepare, then things would be different. They never had a chance to get prepared for the transition by the prison, which usually happens too. I hope somebody helps Jesse get his electricity turned on!

MEMPHIS, TN – The West Memphis 3 spent their first holiday out of prison in almost two decades.

For Jessie Misskelley, that meant a barbeque with family.

“Right now I am just spending time with my dad. It is his birthday and I am here with my fiancé,” Misskelley told abc24.com.

Misskelley, Damien Echols and Jason Baldwin were released

from prison last month. The three were convicted in 1994 for killing three boys. Ever since, they maintained their innocence. Newly tested DNA evidence put none of the teens at the crime scene. A deal with the state allowed for their release.

Since his release, Misskelley got engaged to his longtime girlfriend, Susie Brewer.

“We’ve been looking at wedding dresses, but I have plenty of time,” Brewer told abc24.com.

The couple plans to wed August 19, 2012, marking the year anniversary of his release.

Misskelley has also enrolled in community college and is looking for a job.

Misskelley has not talked to Echols or Baldwin since they were released. He said he plans to meet with them next month.

http://www.abc24.com/mostpopular/st...r-Day-As-Free-Men/hfMqwKWZ6Em454Zpgd84cw.cspx

Sounds like he's doing okay to me.

He's being punished for having told the truth about what happened that awful day.

As I said, I'm sure that someone with deep pockets will step forward to remedy the situation. Unfortunately, you know how the media are. They'll report that he's without electricity, but they won't report when he gets it turned on because that's simply not a headline grabbing story. As I read on other sites, if I find out anything, I'll post it here.

BTW, he is not being punished for telling the truth. He is a simple soul who didn't want to go to the big party and preferred the simple affair at his dad's. He wasn't being slighted or punished by not being invited.

No one I know, including Damien and Jason, are upset about his false statements to the police as they realized that, given Jessie's mental disability, he was easily manipulated into telling the police what they wanted to hear. The suggestion that he is being punished for allowing the police to coerce a false statement from him is IMO rude and crude and sounds a bit like sour grapes. Just sayin' . . .

I am still waiting for the links to the stories containing the info about Damien and Jason partying with the stars.
I don't think Jessie is being punished for anything and has made his own choices regarding the release party or any others. He was never really friends with D & J before so why would he hang with them now? Just because people labeled them the WM3 doesn't mean they were and are the three muskateers. He probably doesn't have much in common with them (including the crime they DIDN'T do).
To each his own. Some of us would enjoy partying with the stars and some of us not so much.

As I said, I'm sure that someone with deep pockets will step forward to remedy the situation. Unfortunately, you know how the media are. They'll report that he's without electricity, but they won't report when he gets it turned on because that's simply not a headline grabbing story. As I read on other sites, if I find out anything, I'll post it here.

BTW, he is not being punished for telling the truth. He is a simple soul who didn't want to go to the big party and preferred the simple affair at his dad's. He wasn't being slighted or punished by not being invited.

No one I know, including Damien and Jason, are upset about his false statements to the police as they realized that, given Jessie's mental disability, he was easily manipulated into telling the police what they wanted to hear. The suggestion that he is being punished for allowing the police to coerce a false statement from him is IMO rude and crude and sounds a bit like sour grapes. Just sayin' . . .

Hi C.R....you don't find it a bit odd that there were several millionaires out rallying for the WM3 and yet we read Jessie is already seeming to be back to his former impoverished lifestyle?
I honestly do not believe Jessie has the same support system as Damien and Jason.I hope Jessie will continue an education and live a better life than he had before.We shall wait and see.

Hi C.R....you don't find it a bit odd that there were several millionaires out rallying for the WM3 and yet we read Jessie is already seeming to be back to his former impoverished lifestyle?
I honestly do not believe Jessie has the same support system as Damien and Jason.I hope Jessie will continue an education and live a better life than he had before.We shall wait and see.

I simply believe that Jessie would be very uncomfortable associating as closely with the millionaire set as Jason and Damien who are substantially more intelligent. I know that the supporter movement has requested help for Jessie specifically, although the only help he personally requested was help finding a job. I'm confident that Jessie will get the help he needs. I don't think the supporter movement is going to abandon him.

As someone stated earlier, this just all happened so fast that nothing was in place to provide for them outside of prison and we're scrambling to catch up! Since Damien and Jason have left Arkansas and are in seclusion, we are assuming that all is well with them. They might be in trouble, too. Jessie is just more visible right now.

Jessie's utilities are all back on last I heard. Plus, Damien is leaving messages on Jessie's facebook page, so I think rumours of Jessie being "punished" have been greatly exaggerated.

I also have the feeling that if the three of them had gone to the same party and were hanging out together, nons would say that this proves they're guilty because if Jessie had landed them in prison for nothing for 18 years they would be angry with him.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

You have to keep in mind that Jessie witnessed the horrid things Damien and Jason did to the 3 little boys. Yes Jessie was part of it, but Damien and Jason took it much further with the torture, castration etc as Jessie stated on half a dozen different occasions even after conviction and even when his attorney's begged him not to confess.

Even though Jessie has been manipulated into pretending to be innocent after all the confessions, he knows what Damien and Jason did and I sincerely doubt he wants anything to do with them, as he is the only of the 3 with a shred of a conscience.

I just read on another board that Jessie has enrolled in community college classes. Although I don't have any confirmation yet, my guess is that's it's either GED classes or some sort of vocational training. Either way, it will really be a big help to him. I'm hoping it's true and not just rumor. I'll let you know if/when I get confirmation.

You have to keep in mind that Jessie witnessed the horrid things Damien and Jason did to the 3 little boys. Yes Jessie was part of it, but Damien and Jason took it much further with the torture, castration etc as Jessie stated on half a dozen different occasions even after conviction and even when his attorney's begged him not to confess.

Even though Jessie has been manipulated into pretending to be innocent after all the confessions, he knows what Damien and Jason did and I sincerely doubt he wants anything to do with them, as he is the only of the 3 with a shred of a conscience.

Jessie witnessed nothing. His statements were all error-filled, even the ones made post conviction. Damien and Jessie never were friends but mere acquaintances. Jason and Jessie were childhood friends, but they had not been really close in years. You have erroneous information if you believe any of the WMFree to be guilty or to have any knowledge of these horrendous murders.

Jessie's utilities are all back on last I heard. Plus, Damien is leaving messages on Jessie's facebook page, so I think rumours of Jessie being "punished" have been greatly exaggerated.

I also have the feeling that if the three of them had gone to the same party and were hanging out together, nons would say that this proves they're guilty because if Jessie had landed them in prison for nothing for 18 years they would be angry with him.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

There's also people posting job offers on his facebook :)
oh,the Damien facebook is not really Damien ,it's run by the WM3.org .
....but of course Damien and Jason know the truth and are not about "punishing" Jessie.

WHY DOESN'T THE STATE OF ARKANSAS PAY JESSIE'S BILLS AS THEY SHOULD????

There's also people posting job offers on his facebook :)
oh,the Damien facebook is not really Damien ,it's run by the WM3.org .
....but of course Damien and Jason know the truth and are not about "punishing" Jessie.

WHY DOESN'T THE STATE OF ARKANSAS PAY JESSIE'S BILLS AS THEY SHOULD????

I guess that's part of the Alford Plea. LOL

If I believed that to be the truth then I would agree with you.Jessie went home because that is where he wanted to go.I would have thought it strange if he had wanted to go anywhere else.

I simply believe that Jessie would be very uncomfortable associating as closely with the millionaire set as Jason and Damien who are substantially more intelligent. I know that the supporter movement has requested help for Jessie specifically, although the only help he personally requested was help finding a job. I'm confident that Jessie will get the help he needs. I don't think the supporter movement is going to abandon him.

As someone stated earlier, this just all happened so fast that nothing was in place to provide for them outside of prison and we're scrambling to catch up! Since Damien and Jason have left Arkansas and are in seclusion, we are assuming that all is well with them. They might be in trouble, too. Jessie is just more visible right now.

I agree with you as far as Jessie being uncomfortable in the same setting as Damien and Jason.What I meant about the support system was financial.I think Damien and Jason aren't in the same predicament as Jessie.

I'll just say this.If I had been rallying for the release of the three with millions in my bank account not a single one of them would be worried about having money to get back into the swing of things.A little something to start off with...but that's just me.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back