CANADA Canada - Toronto and GTA

Deeds

Reaction score
I'm starting this thread because I need help with research, Over the last year there has been an alarming amount of missing teenage females from the GTA (Greater Toronto Area).

Two of the missing female's remains have been found in rural areas just outside the GTA.

Most all of the females have shoulder length or longer brown hair, between the ages of 13 - 20, similar heights and the missing areas seem very close.

It also seems that after each of the bodies were discovered there seems to be a lull in disappearances, in the case after Margarita Shumajova discovery where they have a suspect wanted for questioning unlike Kera Freeland's murder the disappearances started up faster. Making me wonder if the police have the right suspect.

I'm not claiming that every case listed here is related, I'm just wondering why so many young females are currently missing from the GTA.

As far as I can tell these missing teenagers have not been located, I need help on updated located status.

list of missing;

Oct 28 2010 - Angela Ribby, 16
<modsnip>
Dec 23 2010 - Lindsay Robertson, 14
Jan 12 2011 - Cindy Seminario, 14
Jan 16 2011 - Kera Freeland, 20
Jan 25 2011 - Kadiatu Conteh, 19
Feb 13 2011 - Christina Jones, 18
Mar 24 2011 - Crystal Iahtail, 13
Mar 17 2011 - Kera Freeland, 20 - Found Deceased
May 10 2011 - Zuhra Mahmad&#8722;Nazir, 16
Jun 01 2011 - Brianna Davis, 15
Jun 06 2011 - Shawnessy Iahtail, 16
Jun 18 2011 - Kristen Bates, 17
Jun 23 2011 - Yoou Mi Heo, 16
Jul 03 2011 - Margarita Shumakora, 18
Jul 08 2011 - Margarita Shumakora, 18 - Found Deceased
Aug 02 2011 - Annemarie Filazola, 14

Info on missing;

Angela Ribby - 16 - October 28, 2010 - Kingston Road/Warden Ave area.

She is described as white, 5&#8217;2", 110 lbs., brown eyes with long, dark brown hair.

http://www.oyetimes.com/news/canada/...ld-girl-angela

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...t=Angela+Ribby

<modsnip>

Lindsay Robertson - 14 - December 23, 2010 - Evans Avenue/Brown's Line area.

white, 5&#8217;2&#8221;, 110 lbs., brown eyes and long, black hair.

http://www.oyetimes.com/news/canada/...ing-in-toronto

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...dsay+Robertson

Cindy Seminario, 14, was last seen on Wednesday, January 12, 2011, at about 7:45 a.m., in the Jane Street/Firgrove Crescent area.

She is described as Hispanic, 5', 100 lbs, dark-brown eyes and below-shoulder-length black hair.

http://justice4caylee.forumotion.net...-14-toronto-on

Kadiatu Conteh - 19 - Jan 2011 - was last seen three weeks ago in the Jane Street/Sheppard Avenue West area, Toronto.

She is described as black, 5&#8217;8&#8221;, with dark-brown hair.

http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php?topic=4714.0

Christina Jones - 18 - February 13, 2011 - last seen Islington Avenue/Lakeshore Boulevard area.

She is described as white, 5&#8217;6&#8221;, 170 lbs., brown eyes, brown curly hair

http://justice4caylee.forumotion.net...-18-toronto-on

Crystal Iahtail - 13 -March 24, 2011 - Wroxeter Avenue/Pape Avenue area.

She is described as 5&#8217;5&#8221;, 130 lbs., brown hair and brown eyes.

http://justice4caylee.forumotion.net...-13-toronto-on

Brianna Davis, 15, was last seen on Wednesday, June 1, 2011, at 8 a.m., in the Jane Street/Falstaff Avenue area.

She is described as brown, 5&#8217;9&#8221;, 150 lbs., brown eyes with long, black hair.

http://justice4caylee.forumotion.net...-15-toronto-on

Shawnessy Iahtail - 16 - June 6, 2011, Carlaw Avenue/Wroxeter Avenue area.

She is described as white, 5'4", 110 lbs., with black, shoulder&#8722;length hair.

http://justice4caylee.forumotion.net...-16-toronto-on

Kristen Bates, 17, was last seen on Saturday, June 18, 2011, at 4 p.m., in the Twelfth Street/Lakeshore Boulevard West area.

She is described as white, 5&#8217;7&#8221;, 170 lbs., with long, recently dyed blond hair, brown eyes and a tattoo of a flower on her left arm.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...=Kristen+Bates

Yoou Mi Heo, 16, was last seen on Thursday, June 23, 2011, at 7 p.m., in the Madison Avenue/Bloor Street West area.

She is described as having a thin build with long brown straight hair.

http://www.liquida.com/page/26138368/

Annemarie Filazola, 14, was last seen on Tuesday, August 2, 2011, in the Danforth Road/Eglinton Avenue area.

She is described as white, 5&#8217;3", 119 lbs., brown curly hair with brown eyes.

CANADA Canada - Annemarie Filazola 14,missing from Toronto since August 2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...marie+Filazola

Please note;
Shawnessy Iahtail and Crystal Iahtail do not seem to be related.

Deceased;

Margarita Shumakova - 18 - Toronto, ON, 3 July 2011 found Deceased in Uxbridge, ON

Found Deceased CANADA - Margarita Shumakova, 18, Toronto, ON, 3 July 2011 - found in Uxbridge, ON - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=144429

Kera Freeland, 20, found in ditch near Caledon ON, March 2011

Found Deceased Canada - Kera Freeland, 20, found in ditch near Caledon ON, March 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

-----

Found this interesting, a skull has been found close to where Margarita Shumakova - 18 - Toronto, ON, 3 July 2011 was found Deceased in Uxbridge, ON

CANADA Canada - Whitchurch Stoufville, Ontario-Human Skull found 8-30-2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

* The Skull has been identified as Peter Gavin, 67, of East Gwillimbury, not one of the missing females
Thanks Hazel!

more missing;

Jemma O'Leary, 15, was last seen on Monday, May 30, 2011, at 12:45 a.m., in the Jane Street/Finch Avenue West area.

She is described as white, 5’7”, 180 lbs., brown eyes with brown shoulder&#8722; length straight hair. She has tattoos, including a blue star on her right hand and a blue star on her back. She was last seen wearing black boots, carrying a black knapsack and a black Nine West purse with two gold zippers.

Candice Gail Sentes, 27, also known as Candice Taypotat, was last seen on Sunday, June 19, 2011, at 2 a.m., entering a Beck taxi in the Richmond Street West/Peter Street area.

She is described as, Aboriginal, 5'7", 140 lbs., with brown eyes and long, straight, dark brown hair. She was last seen wearing a black, cotton shirt, a black tank-top, blue shorts and high heels. She was carrying a brown Coach purse. She has the word "Justice" tattooed on the back of her neck, "$" on her right, middle finger, and "C" on her left thumb.

Abbey&#8722;Lynn Borges, 22, was last seen at the end of July 2010 in The Queensway/Highway
427 area
She is described as white, 5', 110 lbs., brown eyes with long, brown hair.

I think some people might get the wrong impression that the gta or toronto and the fact its canada that this is 14 girls missing from a small town . Just to people know toronto is home to what at least a million i would think so the number 14 isn't as large as one would think .It would be the same as us getting a list on girls missing from orlando florida .Im sure if someone looked into it you would find the same thing there too maybe more. I just wanted to give people perspective when we say toronto .

The GTA has a population of approximately 5.5 million people, with approximately 2.5 million of them living in Toronto proper.

I think the numbers are still quite alarming compared to other major cities in Canada. Also, as Deeds pointed out these young women went missing over the last year alone and they all have dark coloured hair and brown eyes.

I wonder if someone can produce a map of where these girls went missing and see if there is a pattern of some sort. I'm not good with maps. :sigh:

Do we have statistics for other major cities? Montreal, Ottawa, Vancouver?

Here's the best I could do;

Attachments

• Missing Girl Map.jpg
    Missing Girl Map.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 645
Here's the best I could do;

Great Job! Thank you. Will study it further. My first thought was they were all close to 2 of the airports. Pearson and the one in Downsview. I believe the most would be about 20 minute drive from either Mississauga to Etobicoke to Scarborough....etc.

Wonder if the perp (s) may be a traveller? Just a first observation. I noticed the 2 girls with the same last names went missing from the same area but were not related? Is that correct? Isn't that a huge coincidence?

I just registered with Unsolved Missing People Canada website to see if I can get more info about these girls.

In the meantime, I'll keep studying the map.

Are these girls/women the only ones missing from GTA, or are there others who do not fit into the same description criteria of relatively short stature, brown hair, brown eyes, etc.?

Are these girls/women the only ones missing from GTA, or are there others who do not fit into the same description criteria of relatively short stature, brown hair, brown eyes, etc.?

I'm not sure... i'm still tracking down names...

Tadjiana Rameau Petion, 13, was last seen on Friday, February 4, 2011, at 3 p.m., in the Don Mills Road/Van Horne Avenue area. She is described as black, 5&#8217;4&#8221;, 161 lbs., heavy build, with long, black braided hair with gold stud earrings. She was last seen wearing a brown cotton jacket and grey denim pants.

Nicole Gowie, 19, was last seen on Friday, September 2, 2011, at 8 p.m., in the Eglinton Avenue East/Don Mills Road area. She is described as black, 5&#8217;5", 120 lbs., brown eyes with short black hair, shaved on the sides. She was last seen wearing a short-sleeved white blouse, blue jeans and carrying a white handbag

<Mod edit name of person who is no longer missing>

Last edited by a moderator:
Great Job! Thank you. Will study it further. My first thought was they were all close to 2 of the airports. Pearson and the one in Downsview. I believe the most would be about 20 minute drive from either Mississauga to Etobicoke to Scarborough....etc.

Wonder if the perp (s) may be a traveller? Just a first observation. I noticed the 2 girls with the same last names went missing from the same area but were not related? Is that correct? Isn't that a huge coincidence?

I just registered with Unsolved Missing People Canada website to see if I can get more info about these girls.

In the meantime, I'll keep studying the map.

Not only are the locations near airports but also many are around high traffic bars and clubs... Made me think whats one thing that is always around Airports and bars... Taxicabs or unlicensed taxis, referred to as “scoopers”.

In a letter written by the Chair of licensing and Standards Committee
RE: Unlicensed Drivers operating Toronto Taxicabs
March 20, 2007

We have a serious problem with Taxicabs being operated by drivers without a valid Cab License. As anecdotal estimates put the number of unlicensed drivers close to 1000,

-----

Just a thought;

If your an unlicensed driver, not working for a Taxicab company;

- You wouldn't have any paper trail of being taxicab driver
- No dispatcher to check in with
- No checks on mileage or vehicle inspections
- No calling in locations, or accounting for time
- Not suspicious when gone for long periods of time
- No connections to picking up fares
- Know how to get around the city
- Low profile
- People get into taxicabs easily with little to no hesitation

-----

Regarding;
Sept 16 2010 - Crystal Iahtail, 13

At first, I thought there it may have been a mistake but after looking into it a bit more they are two different girls with no public notice of being related missing from the same area but there is a correction Crystal Iahtail, 13 went missing Sept 16 2010.

I found the Toronto police Service New Release from October 1 2010;

Missing girl,
Crystal Iahtail, 12
Broadcast time: 13:08
Friday, October 1, 2010
55 Division
416&#8722;808&#8722;5500

The Toronto Police Service is requesting the public’s assistance locating a

missing girl.

Crystal Iahtail, 12, was last seen on Thursday, September 16, 2010, at 1:30 p.m., in the Logan Avenue/Eastern Avenue area.

She is described as 5’4”, 130 lbs., thin build, brown eyes and long, straight, brown hair.

Police are concerned for her safety.

Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416&#8722;808&#8722;5500, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416&#8722;222&#8722;TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637), or Leave A Tip on Facebook.

BUT

This link says she missing;
http://justice4caylee.forumotion.net/t12220-canada-crystal-iahtail-13-toronto-on

Missing teen - Crystal Iahtail, 13 ~ Toronto ON
April 05, 2011

The Toronto Police Service is requesting the public’s assistance locating a missing girl.

Crystal Iahtail, 13, was last seen on Thursday, March 24, 2011, at 7 p.m., at in the Wroxeter Avenue/Pape Avenue area.

She is described as 5’5”, 130 lbs., brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a long, dark&#8722;brown coat, black/blue pants and a sweater.

Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416&#8722;808&#8722;5500, Crime Stoppers
anonymously at 416&#8722;222&#8722;TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, text TOR and your
message to CRIMES (274637), or Leave A Tip on Facebook.

Here is the Toronto Police Service New Release for Shawnessy Iahtail, 16

Missing girl,
Shawnessy Iahtail, 16
Broadcast time: 15:41
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
55 Division
416&#8722;808&#8722;5500

The Toronto Police Service is requesting the public’s assistance locating a

missing girl.

Shawnessy Iahtail, 16, was last seen on Monday, June 6, 2011, at 10:30 p.m., in the Carlaw Avenue/Wroxeter Avenue area.

She is described as white, 5'4", 110 lbs., with black, shoulder&#8722;length hair. She was last seen wearing a black shirt and black pants.

Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416&#8722;808&#8722;5500, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416&#8722;222&#8722;TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, text TOR and your
message to CRIMES (274637), or Leave A Tip on Facebook.

Attachments

• 19762.pdf
    513.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 21219.pdf
    169.2 KB · Views: 22
Also I did a search for missing females 13 - 25 area orlando, florida from the past two year and got a total of 5...

This doesn't have much to do with anything, but I thought I would mention that the population of Orlando, Florida (mentioned as being a similar population size) is under 250,000 (according the the US Census website), in comparison with the GTA's 5.5 million. If you are talking about just Toronto and not the GTA, the nearest US city with that population is Chicago. Even then it's not a direct comparison because a higher percentage of the entire country's population can be found in Toronto than in Chicago.

That said, I think the numbers are surprisingly high and worrisome.

-----

Regarding;
Sept 16 2010 - Crystal Iahtail, 13

• Crystal Iahtail, 12, was last seen on Thursday, September 16, 2010, at 1:30 p.m., in the Logan Avenue/Eastern Avenue area.
  • Crystal Iahtail, 13, was last seen on Thursday, March 24, 2011, at 7 p.m., at in the Wroxeter Avenue/Pape Avenue area.
  • Shawnessy Iahtail, 16, was last seen on Monday, June 6, 2011, at 10:30 p.m., in the Carlaw Avenue/Wroxeter Avenue area.
Seems to me CI is what they call a "chronic runaway". If she went missing March 2011, then that means she was found when she went missing on Sept. 2010. I have noticed that not in all missing cases there are News Release updates of "Located". Many of the names in the list might no longer be missing. Perhaps you can call the TPS (Toronto Police Service) to make sure?

For example, regarding Abbey&#8722;Lynn Borges (addition in your post #3), I was following her case, and there was a post on her friend's Facebook saying that she had been found; however, I couldn't find an "official" statement from LE nor any news about her being found.
Right at that time I read a news report about some girl being "rescued" from someone who was 'living of the avails' and in my mind I assumed it was her, but I really don't know if it was her or not. The friend's post didn't say she was found safe, and doing alright (nor any explanation of what happened or where she was found) only that she was found, which left the doors open to interpretation. IMO, most of those girls in your list have already been found. That is my conclusion ONLY because there are no "follow-ups" neither from LE nor the media. I could be TOTALLY wrong though.

By the way, one other thing I had noticed (and I could be wrong as well), is that once the picture of the missing person is removed from the Toronto Police Service News Release, that means that the person has been found. Could also be they are short on bandwich? If you do call the TPS, could you PLEASE!!! ask them to confirm that for us? THANKS A LOT DEEDS!

Here is the link to Abby's thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115115&highlight=Borges (you can add the link in your post #3 if you wish) :) .

Seems to me CI is what they call a "chronic runaway". If she went missing March 2011, then that means she was found when she went missing on Sept. 2010. I have noticed that not in all missing cases there are News Release updates of "Located". Many of the names in the list might no longer be missing. Perhaps you can call the TPS (Toronto Police Service) to make sure?

For example, regarding Abbey&#8722;Lynn Borges (addition in your post #3), I was following her case, and there was a post on her friend's Facebook saying that she had been found; however, I couldn't find an "official" statement from LE nor any news about her being found.
Right at that time I read a news report about some girl being "rescued" from someone who was 'living of the avails' and in my mind I assumed it was her, but I really don't know if it was her or not. The friend's post didn't say she was found safe, and doing alright (nor any explanation of what happened or where she was found) only that she was found, which left the doors open to interpretation. IMO, most of those girls in your list have already been found. That is my conclusion ONLY because there are no "follow-ups" neither from LE nor the media. I could be TOTALLY wrong though.

By the way, one other thing I had noticed (and I could be wrong as well), is that once the picture of the missing person is removed from the Toronto Police Service News Release, that means that the person has been found. Could also be they are short on bandwich? If you do call the TPS, could you PLEASE!!! ask them to confirm that for us? THANKS A LOT DEEDS!

Here is the link to Abby's thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115115&highlight=Borges (you can add the link in your post #3 if you wish) :) .

I was thinking the same thing but if you read the Toronto Police service New Release they keep it very up to date, and regarding all other missing persons even if they have been missing for only one day with have a located release posted to the site, I can't find a located release for any of these girls.

As for the run away theory about CI, It is plausible but I'm not sure that the second link is correct because again there is only one notice on the Toronto Police Service New Release site for CI and I only found the second missing persons details on that one site so I think the second link is just a mistake or both the notices would have been posted to the site.

As for the pictures on the site i'm not to sure... I do not feel comfortable calling Toronto Police Services...maybe i will try e-mailing instead

This case is older than the others, but don't forget Mariam Makhniashvili.

This case is older than the others, but don't forget Mariam Makhniashvili.

I was looking into Mariam Makhniashvili because there are a couple of missing girls from around the same time frame, here what I have so far;

Kiana Rintoul, 13 was last seen March 12 2009 in the Pharmacy and Eglinton area. She's described as white, 5'4", 110 pounds, with long brown hair and hazel eyes.

She was last seen wearing white running shoes with a skull design and a brown jacket, carrying a blue and white striped gym bag.

Alejandra Holguin, 15, Alejandra was last seen in the Logan and Danforth Aves. area around 8 p.m. April 11. Police are worried because of the length of time she has been missing.

Police described the teen as white, 5-foot-5, about 140 pounds with straight brown hair. She has a star tattoo behind her right ear and a Gemini symbol tattoo on the back of her neck.

She was last seen wearing a black leather jacket, black and silver shoes and blue skinny jeans with a white cloth belt.

Tiffany Ellis, 14, was last seen on Thursday, Nov. 26, at 5 p.m., in Toronto (the McNicoll Avenue/Leslie Street area).

She is described as having a light-black complexion, 5'5", 160 lbs., with short, curly black hair.

She was wearing a black jacket, blue jeans and was carrying a black "Jensport" backpack.

here is line up of the missing...

Attachments

• All GTA Missing Girls 2010 - 2011.jpg
    All GTA Missing Girls 2010 - 2011.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 304

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads