MO MO - Linda Jean Crites, 37, Jackson, 23 Nov 1983

I'd like to know more about the husband. Does he hunt - does he have hunting stuff in the home? Did he since sell the home? What about the land nearby ? woods? Swamp? Is the trash there incinerated or in a dump? That just sounds so fishy. What about the man she was seeing? No comments from him on the case or just not publicly??

I'd like to know more about the husband. Does he hunt - does he have hunting stuff in the home? Did he since sell the home? What about the land nearby ? woods? Swamp? Is the trash there incinerated or in a dump? That just sounds so fishy. What about the man she was seeing? No comments from him on the case or just not publicly??

I'm still trying to find more information on this cold case. I'll do some more local research and see what I can find.

Bumping with NAMUS:

On the night of November 23, 1983 (Thanksgiving Evening) Linda J. Crites was speaking to her oldest son on the phone. She was making plans to visit with him and his wife at their home on the following day at approximately 9:00 a.m.

Linda Crites never made it to the Thanksgiving Dinner and has never been seen or heard from since. She was in the process of getting a divorce from her husband at the time of her disappearance. Although the couple was getting a divorce, they still lived in the same house.

The husband told investigators at the time that around midnight he went into her bedroom to talk about their impending divorce. They argued, he told investigators, then he left and she closed the bedroom door. It was still closed the next morning when he said he left to go to his parents' home in Sedgewickville. Her family eventually came looking for her Thanksgiving day.

Because of family discord at the time, it was a week before anyone actually reported her missing.

Foul play is suspected.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/4956/

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member