Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #24

Quote Originally Posted by threepisces View Post
    I can't recall - do we know if the PsOI cars have been searched?
    CR's car has been searched. JR supposedly did not have a car that night. I would assume that LE has searched JW's car - his house has been searched, and I believe I've seen the car reported but could be wrong - as well as DR's car if he had one (he showed them his phone). I would also guess, perhaps wrongly, that they may not have had access to any out-of-state MPOI's car. We have heard of no LE interest in any in-state MPOI.
    Last edited by AnalyticalExaminer; 09-13-2011 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Edited/corrected JW info

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AnalyticalExaminer For This Useful Post:

Hello

if you get a chance please watch the following video -it explains why you should always get a lawyer and never talk o police.

Believe me you would never talk to police after watching this video

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik&feature=player_embedded"]Don't Talk to Cops, Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bmg1112 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
    Ya know....that's one big thing that bothers me about this case. No physical evidence of foul play at all (or at least none that has been released).

Perhaps some of the old-timers will chime in and tell me that this is the norm. But for now I am perplexed?

Does anyone have the link to the PC where LE claims to suspect foul play? Because if IIRC, that did happen. And yet they never gave a reason (that I can recall) to suspect such.

Is it the phone being left behind? The purse/wallet/wristlet? Surely not the shoes? People lose shoes all of the time.

Because other than those things, left behind like Goldilocks breadcrumbs, we have....nothing.

No blood (even though she hit her head at least once, possibly twice). No vomit (despite the alleged "partying"). No hanks or even wisps of hair. No fingernails. No scraps or pieces of clothing. No scent for the dogs. Nothing.

No witnesses apparently either, other than the videos. No one saw or heard anything out of the ordinary that night. Other than the bar manager and the homeless man who heard the scream...and both have been discounted/discredited by LE.

The ONLY account of violence we have for that night is the "altercation" at Smallwood. And that had "nothing to do with our missing woman" according to LE.

It's as if she just went *poof*.
    I'm not quite understanding it either. IF someone in forensics had taken perhaps a sample of something from the drains inside 5 North I suppose we wouldn't know it. I mean, Lauren had been there. This is perplexing to say the least.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mamamia54 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
    Ya know....that's one big thing that bothers me about this case. No physical evidence of foul play at all (or at least none that has been released).

Perhaps some of the old-timers will chime in and tell me that this is the norm. But for now I am perplexed?

Does anyone have the link to the PC where LE claims to suspect foul play? Because if IIRC, that did happen. And yet they never gave a reason (that I can recall) to suspect such.

Is it the phone being left behind? The purse/wallet/wristlet? Surely not the shoes? People lose shoes all of the time.

Because other than those things, left behind like Goldilocks breadcrumbs, we have....nothing.

No blood (even though she hit her head at least once, possibly twice). No vomit (despite the alleged "partying"). No hanks or even wisps of hair. No fingernails. No scraps or pieces of clothing. No scent for the dogs. Nothing.

No witnesses apparently either, other than the videos. No one saw or heard anything out of the ordinary that night. Other than the bar manager and the homeless man who heard the scream...and both have been discounted/discredited by LE.

The ONLY account of violence we have for that night is the "altercation" at Smallwood. And that had "nothing to do with our missing woman" according to LE.

It's as if she just went *poof*.
    You're right that LE stated they suspected "foul play" from the get go. I always thought it was due to context rather than evidence:

* Her friends said she had been partying (but stopped drinking several hours before she allegedly walked home).

* All of the key POI she was with have multiple offenses and arrests, some of them jailed. Yes, I know these are "only" for alcohol and pot but ALL of them have been nailed (including Lauren).

* The association with AEPi was probably a factor.

* All the personal effects she was without.

* She's on video in an intoxicated state three times that we know of: Sports, returning to SW, and alley.

* There was the anonymous observer who saw her exit the SW elevator (I would think LE saw this video early on).

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jupiter812 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter812 View Post
    * The association with AEPi was probably a factor.
    What exactly is that supposed to mean?

I think the suspicion of foul play, stated several days after the disappearance when much of the city had been scoured, is fairly straightforward - she didn't make it home, she didn't turn up anywhere else, and she wasn't in a condition or position to take herself anywhere. Ergo, someone else took her somewhere, alive or dead.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AnalyticalExaminer For This Useful Post:

New thought: we've now had searches of Bloomington, the landfill, Lake Monroe and surrounding Hoosier National Forest, Griffy Lake, the Morgan-Monroe State Forest, and a mound in Martinsville (two days after the fire), with no results. Does that lend credence to the notion that LS was taken beyond Martinsville, to Indianapolis or Michigan?

A related thought: Was HT's early comment that the search needed to expand beyond Btown related to her knowledge of JR's visitor?
    Last edited by AnalyticalExaminer; 09-13-2011 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Added 2nd paragraph

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AnalyticalExaminer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AnalyticalExaminer View Post
    New thought: we've now had searches of Bloomington, the landfill, Lake Monroe and surrounding Hoosier National Forest, Griffy Lake, the Morgan-Monroe State Forest, and a mound in Martinsville (two days after the fire), with no results. Does that lend credence to the notion that LS was taken beyond Martinsville, to Indianapolis or Michigan?
    Personally, I don't believe so. I think there is a larger possibility that she was taken outside of Bloomington since much of the county was covered, but I don't think there is any reason to suspect any one direction over another.

A related thought: Was HT's early comment that the search needed to expand beyond Btown related to her knowledge of JR's visitor?
    Hard to tell if she even knew about the visitor at that time. Her quote regarding the visitor came out much later than her early comments, and it would be speculation as to when she gained the knowledge that there was even such a person present.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bx2 For This Useful Post:

My personal "triangle" for "where to search for Lauren" has always stretched from Bloomington, IN, to Ann Arbor/Detroit MI, then over to NYC/LI (close the triangle back to IN). Yes it's huge.

After a night of partying a simple suggestion of a "road trip" from a friend, an aquaintance or a friend-of-a-friend can sometimes start to sound like a very good idea (don't ask me how I know, LOL. Misspent youth and all that ).

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to plaidmom For This Useful Post:

How extensively were the bodies of water searched? I know TES was there, but did they in fact rule out the nearby lakes? I would think it would be very difficult to do so (rule them out.)
    Just my opinion, of course.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bx2 View Post
    Personally, I don't believe so. I think there is a larger possibility that she was taken outside of Bloomington since much of the county was covered, but I don't think there is any reason to suspect any one direction over another.
    BBM
    I dunno. I guess I was going with the thought that the person who took LS out of the area would go in a direction with which he/she was familiar. You could be right though. Someone says "hey, Seattle is nice at this time of year"...and off they go.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to plaidmom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    How extensively were the bodies of water searched? I know TES was there, but did they in fact rule out the nearby lakes? I would think it would be very difficult to do so (rule them out.)
    Oh, I doubt we can rule them out either. I'm just playing percentages - if they've been searched in some fashion, I think it's less likely she was there, just like I think that if she has not been found in Btown or the area surrounding Btown, I think it's more likely she is in another nearby area associated with a (M)POI.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AnalyticalExaminer For This Useful Post:

Maybe this is a naive question (still a WS rookie after all), but has anyone alerted the BPD tips e-mail address to this thread's existence? I presume that LE rolls its eyes at most of the speculation that goes on, and probably has quite the opinion of us amateurs, but if they are truly in some kind of stall, isn't it possible that something here might trigger something helpful to them? CS spoke of the perceived disconnect between social media and LE, not sure what else we can do to help bridge that gap.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bx2 For This Useful Post:

Maybe this is a naive question (still a WS rookie after all), but has anyone alerted the BPD tips e-mail address to this thread's existence? I presume that LE rolls its eyes at most of the speculation that goes on, and probably has quite the opinion of us amateurs, but if they are truly in some kind of stall, isn't it possible that something here might trigger something helpful to them? CS spoke of the perceived disconnect between social media and LE, not sure what else we can do to help bridge that gap.
    Frankly, at this point I would prefer that CS herself reads our posts and our posits.

If she sees anything at all that warrants further investigation, I'm pretty sure that the BPD is on her speed dial!

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to plaidmom For This Useful Post:

No, there are so many more places to be searched, why they chose the places they did at the beginning is beyond me! The only thing that I can think of, as to why, is because those places are well traveled and known to IU students.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to mamamia54 For This Useful Post:

Body found in Jennings County woods
    http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/india...s-county-woods
    Very vague article.

And a second source of info. I really dislike posting these things.
    http://wcsi.whiterivernews.com/templ...3897&storyno=1
    Last edited by Cuoco7; 09-13-2011 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Added additional article

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cuoco7 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cuoco7 View Post
    http://http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/new...s-county-woods
    Very vague article.
    A little over an hour East of Bloomington, map image included.
    Attached Images Attached Images

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bx2 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cuoco7 View Post
    http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/india...s-county-woods
    Very vague article.

And a second source of info. I really dislike posting these things.
    http://wcsi.whiterivernews.com/templ...3897&storyno=1
    I wonder how long the body has been there. Indiana has over 1,000 missing persons so chances are it's not Lauren but it is very possible. I hope we hear something soon.
    A parole review date is set for July 21, 2012 for Fred Howard Coffey.

Coffey was convicted of the murder of 10 yr old Amanda Marie Ray, NC. He admitted to molesting 300 children.

Please write a letter on behalf of Amanda.

Suspect in the murders of:
    5 yr old Neely Smith, NC
    14 yr old Kathy Lynn Beatty, MD
    8 yr old Travis Shane King, VA

Possibly connected to the disappearances of:
    14 Yr old Tracy Anne King, PA
    11 yr old Sheila and 13 yr old Katherine Lyons, MD
    15 yr old Carolyn Majane, NJ

Write to:
    Chairman Charles L. Mann Sr.
    NC Post Release Supervision & Parole Commission
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540
    RE: Fred Howard Coffey, DOC# 0081135
    or send an email to parole@doc.state.nc.us
    http://justice4amanda.tripod.com/

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JeannieC For This Useful Post:

"Free concert on IU campus to raise awareness about her disappearance"

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/sto...qp-5589325.sto

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OldSteve For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JeannieC View Post
    I wonder how long the body has been there. Indiana has over 1,000 missing persons so chances are it's not Lauren but it is very possible. I hope we hear something soon.
    Does anyone think it's significant one way or another that News 8 vs. the LE at the scene contacted Captain Qualters re: LS?

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to imkeylime For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JeannieC View Post
    Yeah, the reference of "a decomposed body that appeared to have been in the woods for some time." is incredibly vague...no matter if it is LS or not, hopefully a family will be getting answers about a loved one!

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dogface For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mamamia54 View Post
    No, there are so many more places to be searched, why they chose the places they did at the beginning is beyond me! The only thing that I can think of, as to why, is because those places are well traveled and known to IU students.
    The first search was Hoosier Nat'l Forest. I'm of the opinion that this could be prior hazing location of AEPi. Lake Monroe search was based on a tip. This lake and the others could possibly be hazing locations as well or a friend with a family cabin or boat.

42. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jupiter812 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by imkeylime View Post
    Does anyone think it's significant one way or another that News 8 vs. the LE at the scene contacted Captain Qualters re: LS?
    Yes, but what to make of it? I took it as a sign that they know enough to know it's not her. Or, they don't communicate with BPD for some reason or another.

44. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jupiter812 For This Useful Post:

A little over an hour East of Bloomington, map image included.
    If I were transporting a body I'd take 446 South through Hoosier Nat'l then 50 East.

If you have a moment can you tell me how to do screen grab of map? TY.

46. The Following User Says Thank You to Jupiter812 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter812 View Post
    If you have a moment can you tell me how to do screen grab of map? TY.
    For MS Vista or Windows 7

Mac is just keyboard shortcut of Cmd Shift 4 to bring up crosshairs to highlight whatever section you'd like to save as an image.

48. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bx2 For This Useful Post:

I'm sorry, but I just hate that when they find bodies (which are obviously either male or female), they don't address that fact in the beginning. Mind you, in this case since they say it's been there awhile, perhaps it was too decomposed to tell. However recently, there was the guy pulled from the water, who'd driven his car in. They just released that a "body" had been found. Why sensationalize it?

50. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gabby66 For This Useful Post:

Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast