America's Most Wanted UNcancelled & Reborn on Lifetime

Emma Peel

an unexpected turn of events
Reaction score
Not sure where this news belongs, (current in the news or current in celebrity/entertainment) but since it came to me as a "today headline", and since it's a show with lots of WS "fans", I thought I'd plop it here for everyone. ENJOY! :D

http://content.usatoday.com/communi.../most-wanted-gets-second-chance-on-lifetime/1

Criminals, beware. Fox's May cancellation of reality crime series America's Most Wanted has just been reversed. The weekly show, which was in its 25th season when it got the ax, has found an unlikely new home at Lifetime, the women's cable network announced Tuesday.

Glad it will be back on. I love that show and respect John Walsh alot. He has helped take alot of bad people off the streets and put behind bars where they belong.

Since Lifetime currently shows the basic reruns of Unsolved Mysteries, I don't really see why it is such an "unlikely new home" for AMW. Anyway, it's good news for those who have cable or satellite which doesn't include me at present.

Hurray! I'm so glad this show will be back on the air. I never could figure out why such a useful show was cancelled.

Since Lifetime currently shows the basic reruns of Unsolved Mysteries, I don't really see why it is such an unlikely home for AMW. Anyway, it's good news for those who have cable or satellite which doesn't include me at present.

BBM

I agree, Stan. When Unsolved Mysteries first came back on the air, it was just on Spike TV. Lifetime picked it up after that. They also started airing old episodes of Cold Case Files from A&E, so it's no surprise that they're adding AMW to their lineup. I wonder if they will make new episodes of Cold Case Files? I always liked that show too.

But I am very glad to hear they are resurrecting AMW. Shows like AMW that do so much good by catching criminals should never end!

Hurray! I'm so glad this show will be back on the air. I never could figure out why such a useful show was cancelled.

I wish that FOX would cancel some of the animation domination shows. I don't like them. "The Simpsons" is OK, but I really don't care for the rest of them, especially "Bob's Burgers." They could have kept AMW and canceled two animation domination shows.

JMO

We are going to have to count on a lot of women to catch these criminals now as I don't know one man who watches that channel.That's a shame but glad it isn't completely canceled.

I must be living under a rock. I was wondering why I could'nt find that show on Saturday nights. LOL

Thanks for the info.

Yea! I like this show! :)

Oh, Emma - thanks so much for posting this. This news makes my day! I love AMW and was hoping that it would be picked up again. John Walsh is the best!

I must be living under a rock. I was wondering why I could'nt find that show on Saturday nights. LOL

Thanks for the info.

Me too! I thought it was just between seasons or something. Bummer.

Sadly we in Canada do not get Lifetime.....does Lifetime stream some of their shows online, I have a program that allows my server to be classified as American. If not then I'll just read the case profiles on the new website.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back