SE - Boozy moose freed after apple tree ordeal

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
The poor moose (actually a Eurasian elk, I think) is okay though after rescue.

I'll regret this in the morning: Boozing moose is rescued after becoming drunkenly stranded up apple tree
It's a situation many can sympathise with - having one too many and attempting physical feats you'd never consider while sober.

But in this case the shamed boozy culprit was not human, but a moose who had become stuck several feet off the ground in an apple tree.

The inebriated creature managed to trap itself amongst the branches of the tree in Gothenburg after apparently becoming drunk while eating fermented apples.
---
The moose lay on the ground overnight outside Mr Johansson's house, before finally getting up the next morning and wandering off with a hangover.

Boozing mooses are not uncommon in Scandinavia, where the creatures are occasionally spotted eating rotting fruit which drops to the group and ferments.
---
More, with pictures of embarrassed-looking animal, at Daily Mail link above.

He had heard that after indulging you get hung over and the branch was the closest thing he could hang over.

Oh boy, I've had days like that. lol.

WS'ers just because the moose did it doesn't mean you should do it!

I'm surprised the hunters didn't flock to the area. Moose meat premarinated in apple cider.

A man in Sweden has rescued an apparently drunk moose that got stuck in his neighbour’s garden tree on a rainy night.

Per Johansson of Saro made the bizarre discovery when he returned home from work and heard deep, moaning sounds.

"It was raining really bad. In the wind I heard something screaming with a very dark voice," Johansson told CNN. "At first I wondered if it was the crazy neighbours, but then I heard it again and went and checked. I saw something really big up in a tree in my neighbours' yard and it was a moose,” he said.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/offbeat/10224279/drunk-moose-gets-stuck-in-tree/

Wow....I think I would be very frightened of a drunk moose.

Wow....I think I would be very frightened of a drunk moose.

He was so drunk they let him sleep it off on the ground after getting him out of the tree. I hope the owner picks up the apples now!

Can you imagine a moose with an alcohol problem!

A drunk moose in a tree. Hope it went to MAA.

Wine%20Bottle%20Holder.jpg

He probably got caught chasing rocky up a tree.

Might have.......

This is so funny. I was listening to the scanner on WS Keinan was found and returned home...............Thank God.

Just a little while ago one of the RCMP said he had just seen a deer eating crab apples off the tree and off the ground. He said we need to get out there and get all of those picked up pretty soon.

I guess the deer get drunk in Canada.............lol

Might have.......

This is so funny. I was listening to the scanner on WS Keinan was found and returned home...............Thank God.

Just a little while ago one of the RCMP said he had just seen a deer eating crab apples off the tree and off the ground. He said we need to get out there and get all of those picked up pretty soon.

I guess the deer get drunk in Canada.............lol
As long as they don't go driving with the bear, they're alright!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back