2011.09.10 - SAR teams searching for Kyron again **PICS ADDED**

Status
Not open for further replies.

freefallzzzz

Reaction score
snip (note what I bolded)

New searches are planned this weekend for evidence in the disappearance of Kyron Horman, who turns 9 on Friday.

Kyron's mother Desiree Young said Multnomah County Sheriff's Office will comb "key areas" that have not yet been searched.

"It's an active investigation," said Lt. Steve Alexander, spokesman for the sheriff's office. "We're continuing to pursue leads and tips."

He would not confirm that officials would be conducting searches this weekend.

more at link
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/09/kyron_hormans_mother_says_more_2.html

"I'm not certified," he said. "I'm going to leave it to the professionals so if they find something they can process it properly so it can be used in legal proceedings if it's relevant. I don't want it thrown out if it's tampered with or moved."

Besides, he said, he believes his boy is still alive.

"I know the searches have to be done but I don't think they will find anything," he said.

I found that statement a bit surprising.

I am confused as to how this article was written..

IS MCSO going to search this weekend or NOT? =)

I'll be watching other local media to see what they report..

Why did they wait more than a year to search "key areas"? Or did they get some new information/evidence recently?

I am confused as to how this article was written..

IS MCSO going to search this weekend or NOT? =)

I'll be watching other local media to see what they report..

I am more than confused....I hope you find clarification somewhere....!

Why did they wait more than a year to search "key areas"? Or did they get some new information/evidence recently?

These are the areas they did not complete back in January, I believe, and said they would finish up when the weather got better...then Desiree went on TV this summer and said that they lacked the resources to finish the searches...and now they are apparently getting ready to do so...

Curious who the two NP Groups are that searched with D & T late last month. Anyone know?

:great: I always carry hope when I see new activity!

May this be the break needed, no matter what they do! :praying:

I agree, just grateful whenever his story is still being covered. We haven't forgotten about you, little guy.

Curious who the two NP Groups are that searched with D & T late last month. Anyone know?

I'll see if I can get ahold of Freefallzzzz and see if she knows. She keeps a close ear to the ground for us. :great:

I'll see if I can get ahold of Freefallzzzz and see if she knows. She keeps a close ear to the ground for us. :great:

I don't know.. I saw some comments under last weekends story about moving the wall of hope that mentioned a group but that was it..
Of course that was just a comment, I have no way of verifying..

Thanks for posting the article Free. I think MCSO doesn't want to confirm the searches because they don't want people up there but Desiree wants everyone to know they have not given up and may make the perpetrator squirm a bit. As to Kaine's comment that they probably won't find anything...I think he's still in deep denial that his son may be deceased. I do agree they probably won't find him without specific directions from whoever did this. Usually the broad kinds of searches don't turn up anything. Unfortunately though, I think sweet Kyron is looking down from above. :cry:

Sadly, I have become much more pessimistic about the chances of finding little Kyron. It's such a big state and he's such a small boy. I get the sense that she may have put Kyron in water. If so, since he has not surfaced, he may be very hard to find.

But, I am going to try to have hope. They know where the cell phone pinged. They just have to keep searching, searching, searching.

Anyone know how many cases there have been in recent history in which a missing child's body was found months or years later?

Sadly, I have become much more pessimistic about the chances of finding little Kyron. It's such a big state and he's such a small boy. I get the sense that she may have put Kyron in water. If so, since he has not surfaced, he may be very hard to find.

But, I am going to try to have hope. They know where the cell phone pinged. They just have to keep searching, searching, searching.

Anyone know how many cases there have been in recent history in which a missing child's body was found months or years later?

And, unfortunately, there is a LOT of water around here for her to have put him in! :-(

Article just posted by KGW, but they cite the Oregonian as their source

snip
PORTLAND, Ore. -- New searches were planned for Kyron Horman, who went missing from Skyline Elementary School on June 4, 2010.
The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office planned to search this weekend in new areas that had not previously been searched, KGW news partner The Oregonian reports, citing Kyron's mother Desiree Young.

http://www.kgw.com/news/kyron-horman/New-searches-planned-for-Kyron-Horman-129468198.html

Why does the kgw article say "were planned" and "planned to search"? Are they searching this weekend or not? Just poor writing, as usual?

Why does the kgw article say "were planned" and "planned to search"? Are they searching this weekend or not? Just poor writing, as usual?

OY! I HOPE that's all it was! It would be terribly sad if they called the search off! This precious little guy needs to be found!! :-(

I am so happy to hear that searches will be going on this weekend for little Kyron ...

:( I wish I lived closer because I would be out there assisting in any way I could ... I am over 2,500 miles away but will be keeping Kyron, his family and friends, and searchers in my thoughts and prayers ...

:praying: that Kyron will be found and brought home soon !

Any word on searches? KEZI (Eugene) reported on this morning's news update there would be searches by MCSO this weekend in places that have not previously been searched. (I hope they weren't just quoting Desiree and have an official MCSO notification.)

Report from the ground:

MSCO SARs are all over Germantown Rd. north of Skyline. The SAR base is at Skyline and Germantown Road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361