Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 296970717273747576777879
Results 1,951 to 1,972 of 1972

Thread: Sidebar Discussion

Ever since jury selection it's been one letdown after another ,but I have come to realize that Karma does exist for Miss Casey Anthony ,and Cindy too,for that matter.

Caylee is loved and adored by millions. She will always remain precious .She is forever beautiful.

Casey is hated by millions .It's the pictures of her with her hair pulled back ,snarling at JB,that we remember . Not very attractive. Her defense team will have you believe she's being hunted ,like a vicious animal . She lied all the time to make others like her,respect her. How's that working for you now,Casey?

Money ,trips and media will never give Cindy what she worked so hard to achieve.The facade of a good ,respectable family has been ripped off and nothing will put it back in place. Cindy's family secrets have been exposed.

Karma's a B*&^$
    Always ,just my opinion

SPECIAL NEEDS MISSING MAN
    JOHNNY LAMAR BROWN missing since Aug 3rd from MYRTLE BEACH,SC while on a family vacation .Hometown CARTERSVILLE,GA

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=181822

We never saw it coming .Please talk to your teen even if you don't think you need to !
    Far more teens commit impulsive suicide without chronic depression
    Miss U James

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to MissJames For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Remove the covering View Post
    Why! Why can't I just go make dinner? Or make the kids do their homework? I honestly don't have a big juicy point to make and I hate to interrupt the NG fart jokes, butt...

Here I am. I think it isn't about the small facts or science for me anymore since it is all out there, bit by bit. It is the totality. Let's seat the jury whose task is to determine if FCA is a dangerous or cruel person, so there can be unanimity.

Can we agree that someone who runs roughshod over EVERYONE in her vicinity is not good to have around? Can we agree that cruelty is FCA's MO, whether you think the trial provided ample evidence of her guilt? She made her parents think her child was still alive! She stole from everyone! She cast blame and suspicion in an arc around herself. These behaviors are consistent with a person who does not value others at all.

While I have no doubt that she murdered her child, I can accept that someone else will draw a different conclusion. But I will mourn the lack of justice. We re-hash the evidence because the verdict feels horrifically unjust, not because we have to be right. I appreciate opposing point of view. I do. But I am sad, and so much of what I need to do here is about using that sadness to make change, not just say oh well, we disagree.

I've got to go break up a lego fight. I just hope I don't step on any.
    BBM well you should be well prepared after visiting this bizarro world thread. Godspeed.
    My Twitter handle is @Lovemypupper . I had to change it due to rabid Kate Gosselin fans. Seriously. I'm not kidding.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to strawberry For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by KenoshaKid View Post
    I can't hear it. Was it a squeak, a putt or a blatt?
    Apparently it wasn't an SBD
    My Twitter handle is @Lovemypupper . I had to change it due to rabid Kate Gosselin fans. Seriously. I'm not kidding.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to strawberry For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    Apparently it wasn't an SBD
    So it's come to this today has it? We are discussing NG elimination tract...
    When there is Justice - there is Peace.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by KarmaGet'em View Post
    Worse yet - there is one supporter who has posted a number of comments to Casey offering her a place to stay, and even posted her phone number.

Said that she sent 100s of letters to her in jail.

There is someone on twitter like that..but I can't find them now. Is a lawyer or paralegal. Offered her a job too....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to strawberry For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by logicalgirl View Post

Has this really not been said, yet? OK, the universe demands it...

BOMBSHELL, tonight!

"We are perishing for want of wonder, not for want of wonders."
    G.K. Chesterton

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Remove the covering For This Useful Post:

...how very sad-----Rest In Peace Steve...

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/10/05/2 ... ports.html

Associated Press: Apple reports that Steve Jobs has died
    my opinion...........and i happen to agree with it.....

14. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to lauriej For This Useful Post:

Why! Why can't I just go make dinner? Or make the kids do their homework? I honestly don't have a big juicy point to make and I hate to interrupt the NG fart jokes, butt...

Here I am. I think it isn't about the small facts or science for me anymore since it is all out there, bit by bit. It is the totality. Let's seat the jury whose task is to determine if FCA is a dangerous or cruel person, so there can be unanimity.

Can we agree that someone who runs roughshod over EVERYONE in her vicinity is not good to have around? Can we agree that cruelty is FCA's MO, whether you think the trial provided ample evidence of her guilt? She made her parents think her child was still alive! She stole from everyone! She cast blame and suspicion in an arc around herself. These behaviors are consistent with a person who does not value others at all.

While I have no doubt that she murdered her child, I can accept that someone else will draw a different conclusion. But I will mourn the lack of justice. We re-hash the evidence because the verdict feels horrifically unjust, not because we have to be right. I appreciate opposing point of view. I do. But I am sad, and so much of what I need to do here is about using that sadness to make change, not just say oh well, we disagree.

I've got to go break up a lego fight. I just hope I don't step on any.
    My bold: Thank you. This rings so true for me too. It stays stuck in my craw. And stuff like this just begs for resolution, it's a problem that begs for an answer. And YES, using the sadness and disappointment to make change! Even change or growth for myself, heck, I'm the only one I have a decent amount of control over. And if any of the posts or comments in these threads sparks a thought for someone who will go into law, or is experiencing a similar thing, and they take it forward to make a larger change, then all the goin' back and forth is good, and worth doing.

It's ironic that we human beings have strong senses of justice yet "justice" itself cannot be perfectly carried out, or agreed upon with perfect consensus. We have a deep need for fairness, but fairness doesn't exist except as a desire.

The jurists who spoke up seemed to feel justice was not served either! And plenty of those who agree with the verdict have admitted justice is lacking.

We've all known people like Casey, who were astonishingly self centered, destructive to anyone who got too close, and had little or no regard for how their behavior effected others. No remorse, blamed you for their behavior, verbally or even physically abused you. They aren't all murderers, but they are all liars and will take advantage of you be it time, money, or energy as easily as they breathe. You work with them, one might be a family member, or if you are as unlucky as me, you might have married one

Even worse, they are often the most charming people (on first impression). When I first met my ex husband, I felt so at ease with him, so SAFE. It was a quality he cultivated carefully, how else could he get anyone close enough to be what he really was, a parasite?

Casey's friends characterized her as "motherly", the type to reach out an help and support, take people under her wing.

They really HURT us, and then they don't even feel badly about it, just go along to hurt the next person, or you if you let down your guard.

On a personal level, the Casey Anthony dilemma hits close to home, and in recovering from my marriage to a sociopathic person, I've become aware of these people and how to prevent any further run ins with them. Sociopathy is becoming a familiar topic in the last decade or so, which means as a society we are becoming aware, and as individuals, how to protect ourselves from them.

As a society, how the justice system deals with them is less than adequate. It's not against the law to be a parasite, a psychological terrorist, or a jerk. There are no laws against verbally abusing someone until they are a shadow of themselves. I've been active on domestic violence/abuse forums for years now, and there is not a dam thing the courts can do, or WILL do, to protect children or adult victims of this life destroying behavior.

There probably can't be "laws" against this behavior, either. I'm not proposing we ought to make these behaviors criminal offenses.

So, it falls upon the individual to wake up and get smart and protect themselves. We can all look at FCA and learn. Mothers can look at their daughters and learn from Cindy Anthony's mistakes, take steps to protect their grandchildren. There's so much (and so little ) we as individuals can do, but we can and must get smart.

And, BTW, I remember stepping on legos, but Barbie accessories were the worst!

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to PeteyGirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lauriej View Post

Incredible loss - was not expecting it quite this soon.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:

Has this really not been said, yet? OK, the universe demands it...

BOMBSHELL, tonight!
    You didn't actually say that...... Too funny and I'm surprised those who reported "the incident" didn't use it...

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:

In all honesty...I'd prefer discussion of the "bombshell" NG dropped, to some of the circular arguments going on and on and on and on and.............

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sleutherontheside For This Useful Post:

He was so young. Thanks for everything, Steve, and blessings and peace upon your loved ones in their sorrow.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PeteyGirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyGirl View Post
    He was so young. Thanks for everything, Steve, and blessings and peace upon your loved ones in their sorrow.
    Came on the news while I was at the gym. I had a feeling it was coming but still..so said. What a genius, and a nice guy!

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strawberry For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sleutherontheside View Post
    In all honesty...I'd prefer discussion of the "bombshell" NG dropped, to some of the circular arguments going on and on and on and on and.............
    Me too! I can't stand it! Round and round and round. Let's talk about JA!

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to strawberry For This Useful Post:

What a life he lived while he was here on earth. Thank you for your sharing your brilliance, Steve Jobs. Godspeed.
    Never interrupt your opponent when they are making a mistake.

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to beach For This Useful Post:

Incredible loss - was not expecting it quite this soon.
    There was a pic on ROL or TMZ not long after he left Apple and he was in a gown and he was absolutely skeletal. The invasion of privacy was appalling. I knew right then that the Pancreatic Cancer was winning and it wouldn't be long. My boss was diagnosed with it and died 6 weeks later. Steve Jobs lived quite a while with it...such a shame.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to strawberry For This Useful Post:

There was a pic on ROL or TMZ not long after he left Apple and he was in a gown and he was absolutely skeletal. The invasion of privacy was appalling. I knew right then that the Pancreatic Cancer was winning and it wouldn't be long. My boss was diagnosed with it and died 6 weeks later. Steve Jobs lived quite a while with it...such a shame.
    Steve Jobs had a neuroendocrine tumor of the pancreas, and these things aren't as aggressive as the "typical" pancreatic cancer, which is 90% adenocarcinoma. I've never known a person to live for six plus years with adenocarcinoma of the pancreas, it is just too aggressive. What puzzles me is his liver transplant. Obviously the cancer had spread there, but the meds you have to take after a transplant, to prevent rejection, depress your immune system so that any cancers you do have can spread and grow It must have been one of those choices people have to make, even just a few more years is better than no more years

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PeteyGirl For This Useful Post:

My MIL lived two weeks after they discovered it. Very, very sad. jmo
    A lie will go round the world before the truth gets its pants on - Charles Spurgeon

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sleutherontheside View Post
    Heck, I wish they would be MORE circular, instead of this or this or even this (that last one is for you, Nancy)

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PeteyGirl For This Useful Post:

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyGirl View Post
    Steve Jobs had a neuroendocrine tumor of the pancreas, and these things aren't as aggressive as the "typical" pancreatic cancer, which is 90% adenocarcinoma. I've never known a person to live for six plus years with adenocarcinoma of the pancreas, it is just too aggressive. What puzzles me is his liver transplant. Obviously the cancer had spread there, but the meds you have to take after a transplant, to prevent rejection, depress your immune system so that any cancers you do have can spread and grow It must have been one of those choices people have to make, even just a few more years is better than no more years
    They were talking about the transplant on CNN and how it is an experimental thing and it seemed to have worked for a while but you have a point there. Cancer thrives with a depressed immune system. I really wish Pancreatic Cancer and Ovarian cancer got as much attention as breast cancer which is very curable if caught early. The other two are rarely diagnosed until it is too late. Actually it really kind of pizzes me off. Oh and pediatric brain cancer. I know an 8th grader who was fine one day, got a headache the next and was gone six months later.

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to strawberry For This Useful Post:

The beautiful roundabout of Context, Veracity, and JUSTICE
    You can hold back from the suffering of the world. You have free permission to do so and it is in accordance with your nature.
    But perhaps this very holding back is the one suffering you could have avoided.
    Franz Kafka

Be not simply good. Be good for something.
    HDT

42. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ynotdivein For This Useful Post:

Oh ynot! There you are!

Bring your spread and post it [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7191906#post7191906"]over here[/ame]! Food and party on Thread #2!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7191906#post7191906"]Jump here![/ame]

Closing this one up soon so save that post for the link above.
    Never interrupt your opponent when they are making a mistake.

44. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to beach For This Useful Post:

Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 296970717273747576777879