Teacher charged with beating parent is fired

Meech

"I'm tough,ambitious,and I know exactly what I wan
Reaction score
MACON, Ga. - An elementary school teacher who was arrested for beating a student's parent in front of the class has been fired.

Katrina Ann Rucker was fired after an investigation by the school system, Bibb County School District Superintendent Sharon Patterson said Monday.

Rucker, who had been teaching at Bruce-Weir Elementary School, is also banned from any school property in the county, Patterson wrote in her termination letter.

Lurella Amica told police she was trying to deliver a note to her daughter, Valentina Swarn, on Friday when she found her child's book bag in a trash can. As she tried to retrieve it, she says Rucker hit her with a chair and began to punch her. She also hit 9-year-old Valentina, the girl's mother told police.

Amica was brought to an emergency room after the assault for treatment of a variety of injuries, including a broken nose.

Rucker, 30, has been charged with battery and cruelty to children. She initially told officers she was acting in self-defense. But she then refused to give a statement, police said.

She was released from jail :behindbar Friday on a $4,150 bond.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1255096/posts

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kac313
Back