GUILTY WA - David Scratchley for attempted child rape, Seattle, 2011

Missizzy

Reaction score
Another well respected counselor is found to have a disgusting secret life. What a disturbing story. Thanks to Mercyneal over on the William Ayres thread for alerting me to this arrest:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2016112055_scratchley05m.html

Well-known Seattle counselor jailed in attempted child-rape case
September 4, 2011

"A well-known Seattle counselor and head of a downtown drug-treatment center is being held without bail at the King County Jail after he was arrested for investigation of attempted child rape. David Scratchley, director of a Christian-based substance-abuse recovery center in Belltown, was booked into the jail early Friday.

He refused to attend his first court hearing on Saturday afternoon, where King County District Court Judge Arthur Chapman found probable cause to hold him on investigation of attempted rape of a child in the first degree and communicating with a minor for immoral purposes. Scratchley was ordered held without bail..."

and

A law-enforcement source close to the investigation said Scratchley had attempted suicide and was being held in the section of the jail for mentally ill inmates. Scratchley, 52, is suspected of attempting to rape a 10-year-old boy..."

and

"....Police were called to Scratchley's home at 3:30 p.m. Thursday after a woman told officers he invited her over "so they could both sexually assault a child," Seattle police Sgt. Sean Whitcomb said. Officers immediately responded to Scratchley's Belltown apartment building and found the boy...."

much more at link

Seems that Scratchley was not all he claimed to be. He duped a whole lot of very savvy folks:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2016127265_scratchley07m.html

Suspect in child-rape scheme was never a psychologist

"...The head of a Seattle drug-treatment center, Scratchley authored books, gave speeches to city employees and co-hosted a radio show. He has worked in the Seattle area at least 23 years and is regarded as a local expert on substance abuse and addictions. Scratchley, 52, flatly claimed in a recent video to be a psychologist. He is not...."

and

"...When asked Tuesday about Scratchley's résumé, GA, executive director at the Matt Talbot center, rattled off from memory impressive credentials — Ph.D. in clinical psychology and neuropsychology, former professor at Seattle University, researcher at Seattle Children's Home, and expert witness for the FBI, the DEA and the courts system.

GA said he is certain the center ran a background check on Scratchley before he was hired...."

more at link

That's disgusting!! Bless that woman's heart for turning him in. It's very sad that she has a crack addiction and that instead of treating her, her drug counselor gives her more crack and starts a relationship with her. Her moral compass must still be working just fine though. She did the right thing. Thank you ma'am. How I hope she and this child get the help they're going to need.

They still haven't released any information about whether the boys was assaulted or not. I'm so hopeful he wasn't. Poor little guy.

Here's the affidavit:

http://media.seattleweekly.com/7236466.0.pdf

Oh no, the little boy told the officer that the "things he needs to talk about are uncomfortable but that he'd be willing to talk to a doctor about them". He was hurt in some way I think. That horrid man also offered him crack. A ten year old!!

I'm certainly glad to see that Scratchley's attorney plans to address everyone's concerns:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ht...ounselor_pleads_not_guil.html?syndication=rss

Drug counselor pleads not guilty to attempted child rape
September 21, 2011

"David Scratchley, manager of a Seattle drug-treatment center, pleaded not guilty Wednesday morning to charges of attempted first-degree child rape and communication with a minor for immoral purposes. Bail for Scratchley, 52, remained at $1 million.

Ramona Brandes, Scratchley's lawyer, said Wednesday that "we are going to be looking carefully at all the evidence and exploring all options to find a resolution that addresses everyone's concerns."

More at link (plus court photo)

And:

http://www.kirotv.com/news/29257911/detail.html

Police Investigating Child *advertiser censored* Accusations Against Seattle Drug Counselor
September 21, 2011

"Seattle police are investigating accusations of child *advertiser censored* against a drug counselor who has also been accused of attempting to rape a 10-year-old boy, state prosecutors revealed during a court hearing Wednesday. The state offered few clues on when the new charges against David Scratchley, 51, could come down from police....."

and

"...Scratchley was on suicide watch in the hours after his arrest. "Initially, he was having a difficult time, but he has now focused on doing what he needs to do to understand the charges against him and understand what his options are..."

More at link

Predator.

He puts himself into situations with vulnerable people (addicts and children) and destroys them.

November 2013:

In one case, a Redmond woman said she sought treatment from Scratchley for her addiction to the sleep medication Ambien. But the instead of treating her, the woman said Scratchley introduced her to other harmful drugs.

He introduced her to crack. He introduced her to cocaine, and from there, they began a relationship, said Steven Reich, the woman's attorney...

According to charging documents, Scratchley befriended the son of another Talbot Center patient and lured the boy to his Belltown apartment intending to rape him...

After his arrest, the Washington State Department of Health investigated Scratchley's credentials and found that he never underwent the training or took the exams needed to be licensed.

http://www.king5.com/story/news/local/investigations/2014/08/03/13218174/

April 2013:

Charged in September 2011, David Allan Scratchley attempted to rape a 10-year-old boy at his Seattle apartment. He pleaded guilty Tuesday to attempted child molestation and is scheduled to be sentenced early next month...

“He has manipulated not only this victim and his mother, but an entire community,” Spoor said in court documents.

Described by prosecutors as a predator, Scratchley had been heralded as a "renowned advocate on issues of child safety" prior to his arrest...

Officers recovered a series of text messages from Scratchley describing the boy's genitals in detail while referring to the planned rape as a "play date.” The detective added that police searching Scratchley's home found drug paraphernalia as well as his phone, which contained a text messages describing his own drug use and plans for the "play date."

Having pleaded guilty to attempted first-degree child molestation, Scratchley faces a 4 ½ year prison term. He could also be held indefinitely should corrections officials believe he continues to pose a threat to the public.

http://m.seattlepi.com/local/article/Drug-treatment-counselor-admits-he-tried-to-rape-4442673.php

May 2013 - Sentenced to just over 4.5 years (!!!)

As part of a plea deal reached in April, David Allen Scratchley also pleaded guilty to cocaine possession. In exchange for his pleas, King County prosecutors reduced an attempted first-degree rape of a child charge to attempted first-degree child molestation. The state also dropped charges of possession of child *advertiser censored* and communicating with a minor for immoral purposes...

Though Scratchley and his defense attorney seemed to blame the 53-year-old’s cocaine addiction for his crime, Senior Deputy Prosecutor Val Richey said Scratchley had a long-standing sexual interest in children...

"He’s blaming drugs, blaming his partner, blaming everybody but himself,” he said of Scratchley.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...selor-gets-4-years-for-planning-sex-with-boy/

:furious:

Just goes to show you, pervs come in all walks of life. I know once when my kids were little, I did a parody of "we are the people" (perverts I called them) in your neighborhood" to kind of show my kids that pervs were and could be anyone you know even people in your neighborhood. I know I'm a bit odd but it's true and my kids all have very good sense of humors.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back