CA - Rebecca Zahau Nalepa - suicide or murder? #11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Please continue here.

Here is a link to the rules and tips on dealing with your fellow posters. Please take a moment to look the rules over. We have a lot of newbies here.

The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

ALSO - please remember, we do NOT sleuth minors, we do NOT post identifying information about minors, we do NOT name minors.

If a minor is a victim or has been publically named by LE as a perp, then their name may be used. In this particular case, the ONLY minor that may be identified by name is Max, because he was a victim. ALL other minors are OFF THE TABLE. Even when quoting from MSM or other sources, if the minor is not the victim or the perp, we change the name to initials. We do NOT quote the name of the minor. This is to protect the minor. Please keep that in mind.

ALSO - and in this case this is VERY IMPORTANT

Do Not State things as fact unless you have a link to back them up.
Do Not Accuse anyone - there is no POI, Suspect, Etc. - You MAY speculate, but don't accuse.
REMEMBER - a difference of opinion is NOT a TOS violation, but tag-teaming is and you will be called on it.
BE RESPECTFUL.
Sleuthing of family members, outside of what is released by MSM or LE is not allowed. Again - there is no suspect/POI here. Public info is allowed, speculation is allowed, but sleuthing up the "back story" is NOT allowed unless it directly relates to MSM or LE.

Thanks Guys!

Thread 6

Thread 7

Thread 8

Thread 9

Thread 10

I am reminded of the Samantha Runnion case where she was snatched by Avila from the front yard while under her grandmother's care. It was mentioned many times that "if only" she had watched more carefully.....
It crosses everyone's mind-but in this case and in that case it seems as if reasonable care was taken and there is no issue with negligence. Bad things happen even under the tightest supervision.

So, let's not derail this topic with blame placing on Rebecca as it relates to the care of Max. Those that feel it is her fault-that's fine most of you have made your point and it is posted.
But we are not going to make it a talking point in this thread. Whatever really happened is a tragedy no matter how you slice it-so let's move on from blaming Rebecca it is just not constructive at this point. If that changes for some reason-the discussion may roll with that in the future.

If you have any questions - pm a mod. They will help. If you are unsure if you can post something - pm a mod. They will help.

Thanks!

Salem

I've been following this case and have been on and off on the threads. I was just wondering if the message on the door has already been discussed. I haven't seen any discussion, but I haven't read every post up until now, so I don't know if I missed it. TIA.

I haven't read the autopsy reports in full yet.

Thanks to all of you who have posted about it! The added professional opinions and personal experiences are so helpful to understanding it all!

Regarding RZ' case: Was there any mention in RZ' autopsy report about the state of the master bedroom? Bed made/not made? Clothes on floor? Signs of disturbance?

[Note: I did read the comments posted here about the state of the guesthouse bedrooms. Thanks again!]

Thanks to all of you who have posted about it! The added professional opinions and personal experiences are so helpful to understanding it all!

Regarding RZ' case: Was there any mention in RZ' autopsy report about the state of the master bedroom? Bed made/not made? Clothes on floor? Signs of disturbance?

[Note: I did read the comments posted here about the state of the guesthouse bedrooms. Thanks again!]

Nothing about the master bedroom or anywhere else in the mansion, other than the door and room where Rebecca was.

I wish we had a thread for links only, no discussion, for this case. That way articles, autopsy reports, pictures, etc would be in a centralized location.

Last night there was discussion about the balcony windows and the rope. If there was a thread with links, it would have been easier to move pictures, or information forward.

I've been following this case and have been on and off on the threads. I was just wondering if the message on the door has already been discussed. I haven't seen any discussion, but I haven't read every post up until now, so I don't know if I missed it. TIA.

There have been conversations within more than one thread, if I am not mistaken, however, I have no idea where to direct you. Sorry.

Quester, that's a good question and something I've been thinking about as well. Especially with women's clothing in the guest house, you would think it would be necessary to investigate the master bedroom to get a better idea of Rebecca's state of mind. If the clothes in the guest house weren't hers, where were the clothes she wore earlier that night? Had she slept at all that night or prepared to sleep? Maybe there was even a suitcase and she was preparing to move out. I'm not saying LE didn't check the room but it would be interesting to see what they found, or didn't find. Just in typing this I'm thinking it's interesting that she supposedly brought her phone into the room that she killed herself from- I would expect to find it in the master, especially at that time of night. My cell phone would not be high on my list of things to have with me when I jumped from a balcony. I would want it to call for help if I was murdered, though.

The message on the door has been discussed in some threads. Someone said it reminded them of the movie Pretty Woman, and some story told in it about someone saving someone, but I don't know if anyone else thought so.

Please continue here.

Here is a link to the rules and tips on dealing with your fellow posters. Please take a moment to look the rules over. We have a lot of newbies here.

The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

ALSO - please remember, we do NOT sleuth minors, we do NOT post identifying information about minors, we do NOT name minors.

If a minor is a victim or has been publically named by LE as a perp, then their name may be used. In this particular case, the ONLY minor that may be identified by name is Max, because he was a victim. ALL other minors are OFF THE TABLE. Even when quoting from MSM or other sources, if the minor is not the victim or the perp, we change the name to initials. We do NOT quote the name of the minor. This is to protect the minor. Please keep that in mind.

ALSO - and in this case this is VERY IMPORTANT

Do Not State things as fact unless you have a link to back them up.
Do Not Accuse anyone - there is no POI, Suspect, Etc. - You MAY speculate, but don't accuse.
REMEMBER - a difference of opinion is NOT a TOS violation, but tag-teaming is and you will be called on it.
BE RESPECTFUL.
Sleuthing of family members, outside of what is released by MSM or LE is not allowed. Again - there is no suspect/POI here. Public info is allowed, speculation is allowed, but sleuthing up the "back story" is NOT allowed unless it directly relates to MSM or LE.

Thanks Guys!

Thread 6

Thread 7

Thread 8

Thread 9

Thread 10

If you have any questions - pm a mod. They will help. If you are unsure if you can post something - pm a mod. They will help.

Thanks!

Salem
Thank you, Salem! You take good care of us!

I find it difficult to discuss the message with too much effort because of the discrepancy regarding what the message actually said. Rebecca's AR said one thing and her sister says another. Perhaps the one word difference is meaningless but I can think of different interpretations for each one and it bothers me not knowing which version is correct.

I wish we had a thread for links only, no discussion, for this case. That way articles, autopsy reports, pictures, etc would be in a centralized location.

Last night there was discussion about the balcony windows and the rope. If there was a thread with links, it would have been easier to move pictures, or information forward.

That would be great! I have a bunch of links saved in Notepad, but not organized very well. A thread with notes as to what they are would be fantastic.:great:

I did a screen shot from the PC of the guest room with the tipped over chair and it looks like a cell phone by the chair. I think the pic on it could be of RZ and a sister possibly. I've not seen this mentioned nor does it have an evidence tag by it. Anyone seen this discussed by LE or news articles? Should I post the pic? Is that okay?

That would be great! I have a bunch of links saved in Notepad, but not organized very well. A thread with notes as to what they are would be fantastic.:great:

I have no idea how to go about this, but if someone does, I am all ears!! Is this something we would start ourselves? Or ask a moderator for help with?

I did a screen shot from the PC of the guest room with the tipped over chair and it looks like a cell phone by the chair. I think the pic on it could be of RZ and a sister possibly. I've not seen this mentioned nor does it have an evidence tag by it. Anyone seen this discussed by LE or news articles? Should I post the pic? Is that okay?

Please do!!:woohoo:

I have no idea how to go about this, but if someone does, I am all ears!! Is this something we would start ourselves? Or ask a moderator for help with?

Not sure, but think a mod is needed, maybe?

Re: RZ & LE PowerPoint presentation
http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/rz.pdf

On page 15 and looking at the lower left picture, there appears to be something, like a piece of tape, around the noose rope and right above the wood threshold.

Is that something that the manufacturer put on?

Did LE put that on? If so, could it have been just to note the positioning of the rope when investigated?

TIA

I know I read the phone was in the guest room near the overturned chair but have no idea where I read that now. I think it's an interesting item to bring with you when you intend to commit suicide- again, might be meaningless, but it makes me think. Please do post a pic!

Hi Quester! IIRC, Rebecca's autopsy report said that the main house appeared to be clean and organized; I don't remember anything specific about a master bedroom.

(Looking for the link for you I Googled "zahau rebecca autopsy report"; it returned 11 replies, alll of which (so far) link to stories written about said report. Interesting!)

BRB with that link.
Link to Rebecca's autopsy report: http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/rz.pdf

Re: RZ & LE PowerPoint presentation
http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/rz.pdf

On page 15 and looking at the lower left picture, there appears to be something, like a piece of tape, around the noose rope and right above the wood threshold.

Is that something that the manufacturer put on?

Did LE put that on? If so, could it have been just to note the positioning of the rope when investigated?

TIA

I see the tape, but why would it be at that spot? When stretched with weight at the end, woul it be at the edge of the balcony railing?

Not sure if this will work, but here goes.
cellphone.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member