Remote Control Automatically Shuts Up People You Don't Like.

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
This dude is an idiot for not patenting this.

Hacked TV remote will auto-mute Snooki
By John D. Sutter, CNN
September 8, 2011 9:57 a.m. EDT

t1larg.maker.tv.hack.from.jpg

This DIY remote control, to be shown off at an upcoming conference, can turn the TV on mute when certain words are spoken

(CNN) -- When Matt Richardson works from his home in Brooklyn, New York, he likes to keeps the TV on to stay informed, but some celebrity or another is always taking up airtime and bugging him.

"A while ago it was Charlie Sheen. And then it was Sarah Palin. And then it was Donald Trump," said Richardson, who is a video producer for Make Magazine. "And after a while I realized there's sort of always someone who I don't really want to hear about."

Like any good hacker, Richardson decided to come up with a fix: He developed a do-it-yourself TV remote control that will automatically mute the television when certain celebrity names are mentioned....

I'd be first in line to buy one.

Now if he'd just invent a remote to quiet those who annoy us in person....

What we really need is a remote that could mute my wannabe gangsta next door neighbor when he comes home blasting his 'vibrate your sternum' car stereo.
Because we don't live in the 'hood - we live in a subdivision named Hickory Meadows for crying out loud.........

The next question is who would you mute? I only turn on the tele when I wanna watch something so I can't think of anyone :) I'd sure like to mute the doggie next door though!

Cool idea!

well damn! i'm always muting the tv when the commercials come on. i can totally live a life with NO COMMERCIALS WHAT SO EVER!!! sorry for yelling but i hate them so. blank screen and no sound until the show is back on is fine with me.

well damn! i'm always muting the tv when the commercials come on. i can totally live a life with NO COMMERCIALS WHAT SO EVER!!! sorry for yelling but i hate them so. blank screen and no sound until the show is back on is fine with me.

That's why I love my DVR! I rarely watch live shows (unless it's Big Brother or a special). Matter of fact, I only turned our cable back on this month because I am SO tired of commercials, and I can watch so many shows on-line commercial free. Hulu Plus and Netflix have been great -- but DH wants to watch the racing season (insert yawn here).

But if ya wanna get away from commercials, check out the internet, Hulu Plus or Netflix. Only costs me about 15 bucks a month for both!

Mel

Wow, that is an interesting concept! However, since my list would be too vast to be of any use to a remote control. If anyone's list would be as long as mine, I highly suggest hitting this button:

remote_control_proj_on.jpg
:crazy:

That's why I love my DVR! I rarely watch live shows (unless it's Big Brother or a special). Matter of fact, I only turned our cable back on this month because I am SO tired of commercials, and I can watch so many shows on-line commercial free. Hulu Plus and Netflix have been great -- but DH wants to watch the racing season (insert yawn here).

But if ya wanna get away from commercials, check out the internet, Hulu Plus or Netflix. Only costs me about 15 bucks a month for both!

Mel

I record almost everything too! Sometimes I get so tired I have to record football games.

Wow, that is an interesting concept! However, since my list would be too vast to be of any use to a remote control. If anyone's list would be as long as mine, I highly suggest hitting this button:

remote_control_proj_on.jpg
:crazy:

MEMMEMEMEMEME!!!! I need that...a shaddup button oh yes, I do! :great:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member