View Poll Results: What do you think happened to Rebecca Zahau?

Voters
236. You may not vote on this poll
  • It was a suicide.

    31 13.14%
  • It was not a suicide.

    50 21.19%
  • It was a hired hit.

    22 9.32%
  • It was a murder committed by someone angry about Max's accident.

    106 44.92%
  • I am unsure of what really happened (on the fence).

    27 11.44%
Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 971

Thread: What happened to Rebecca Zahau?

  1. #176
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,048
    Quote Originally Posted by SophieRose View Post
    Since you believe it was murder, why do you think they tied her hands up? And why didn't they tie them up tighter?
    I have yet to see a reasonable explanation for why a murderer would bind the hands and feet and leave them tied if the goal was to make it appear to be a suicide.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to MyBelle For This Useful Post:


  3. #177
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,048
    Quote Originally Posted by SophieRose View Post
    Was there any evidence that her body was dragged?
    No. Such evidence would point to a homicide. My take from the press conference is that LE couldn't find any evidence of homicide.

  4. #178
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    708
    Evidence at Spreckels mansion quickly pointed to suicide



    http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,0,44787.story

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to CDS22 For This Useful Post:


  6. #179
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    142
    1.) thats the reason why people want to reopen the case since they are not convinced of the suicide findings(i.e. no signs of struggle)

    2.) there are head wounds(bonking the head hard enough can make her unconscious), and another thing/scenario - if strangulation is done very quickly by a very strong person, the victim won't have time to struggle since death will occur rapidly.

    Quote Originally Posted by CDS22 View Post
    That's a very good point. The AR made a point of stating that there were no signs of a struggle.
    Last edited by Pach; 09-22-2011 at 01:43 AM.

  7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pach For This Useful Post:


  8. #180
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,048
    Quote Originally Posted by CDS22 View Post
    Evidence at Spreckels mansion quickly pointed to suicide



    http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,0,44787.story
    And the tide turns toward suicide. Without new evidence, I now doubt LE will re-open the suicide investigation.

    JMO

  9. #181
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Pach View Post
    1.) thats the reason why people want to reopen the case since they are not convinced of the suicide findings(i.e. no signs of struggle)

    2.) there are head wounds(bonking the head hard enough can make her unconscious), and another thing/scenario - if strangulation is done very quickly, the victim won't have time to struggle sincedeath will occur rapidly.
    The LE theory includes her going over a wrought iron railing which would make a head injury very plausible.

    JMO

  10. #182
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    142
    there is nothing new in this news article except summarize what we already know.

    I dont understand why the L.A. times reporter did not find it strange for LE to declare it a suicide even though this same reporter states in this article the following:
    "Inside the mansion, investigators found Zahau's journal and discovered that she had painted a kind of farewell note on the wall of her bedroom.(LOL-certainly a confusing farewell if it was one)) Later, forensic evidence found only her DNA on the rope around her neck.(LOL-it just means the rope was around her neck, how about a perp using gloves, hello !)

    Also, Shacknai's brother, Adam, who found Zahau's body, voluntarily took a polygraph exam soon after her death. Although the examiner said the tests were inconclusive, she also said that she felt he was telling the truth when he denied any involvement in the death, according to the warrants.(LOL-inconclusive ? hello ! then do the test again, not use your feelings)

    Quote Originally Posted by CDS22 View Post
    Evidence at Spreckels mansion quickly pointed to suicide



    http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,0,44787.story

  11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Pach For This Useful Post:


  12. #183
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Pach View Post
    there is nothing new in this news article except summarize what we already know.

    I dont understand why the L.A. times reporter did not find it strange for LE to dclare it a suicide even though this same reporter states in this article the following:
    "Inside the mansion, investigators found Zahau's journal and discovered that she had painted a kind of farewell note on the wall of her bedroom.(LOL) Later, forensic evidence found only her DNA on the rope around her neck.(LOL)

    Also, Shacknai's brother, Adam, who found Zahau's body, voluntarily took a polygraph exam soon after her death. Although the examiner said the tests were inconclusive, she also said that she felt he was telling the truth when he denied any involvement in the death, according to the warrants.(LOL)
    The LA Times reporter also mentions that the investigator who initially suspected homicide changed his opinion after finding the journal, farewell note and only her DNA on the rope around her neck. None of that points to homicide, it points to a suicide.

    JMO

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MyBelle For This Useful Post:


  14. #184
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    708
    Quote Originally Posted by Pach View Post
    1.) thats the reason why people want to reopen the case since they are not convinced of the suicide findings(i.e. no signs of struggle)

    2.) there are head wounds(bonking the head hard enough can make her unconscious), and another thing/scenario - if strangulation is done very quickly, the victim won't have time to struggle sincedeath will occur rapidly.
    The head wounds were very minor, according to police reports. They were not enough to render her unconcious.

  15. #185
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    142
    the head injuries can support at least 2 theories- the going over the iron rail(staged suicide or voluntary suicide) or she was bonked on the head by a perp.
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBelle View Post
    The LE theory includes her going over a wrought iron railing which would make a head injury very plausible.

    JMO

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pach For This Useful Post:


  17. #186
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    708
    Quote Originally Posted by Pach View Post
    there is nothing new in this news article except summarize what we already know.

    I dont understand why the L.A. times reporter did not find it strange for LE to declare it a suicide even though this same reporter states in this article the following:
    "Inside the mansion, investigators found Zahau's journal and discovered that she had painted a kind of farewell note on the wall of her bedroom.(LOL-certainly a confusing farewell if it was one)) Later, forensic evidence found only her DNA on the rope around her neck.(LOL-it just means the rope was around her neck, how about a perp using gloves, hello !)

    Also, Shacknai's brother, Adam, who found Zahau's body, voluntarily took a polygraph exam soon after her death. Although the examiner said the tests were inconclusive, she also said that she felt he was telling the truth when he denied any involvement in the death, according to the warrants.(LOL-inconclusive ? hello ! then do the test again, not use your feelings)
    The article states that they quickly changed their viewpoint to suicide because the evidence was overwhelming.

  18. #187
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    3,883
    At the link provided above I see at least 3 things wrong in the story. It is difficult for one to believe the entire story/article when there are clearly things reported falsely in it.


    1. Inside the mansion, investigators found Zahau's journal and discovered that she had painted a kind of farewell note on the wall of her bedroom. Later, forensic evidence found only her DNA on the rope around her neck.

    The above bolded section is not accurate. The message was on the door to the guest bedroom, not the wall of Rebecca's bedroom.

    2. Adam Shacknai was the only adult present when Zahau killed herself, the warrants said. Jonah Shacknai and his ex-wife, Dina, were keeping a vigil at Rady Children's Hospital for their son, injured two days earlier in a fall at the mansion.

    Again, the above bolded is not accurate. It is reported that Dina was at the hospital during the time that Rebecca died, however Jonah was not. Jonah was absent from the hospital for at least 6 hours which includes the time that Rebecca died.

    3. Within minutes she had found a rope, cut it to appropriate lengths and committed suicide, according to the medical examiner.

    The above has not been stated before. The estimated time of death is not "within minutes" of Rebecca receiving the news that Max had taken a turn for the worst.

  19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TorisMom003 For This Useful Post:


  20. #188
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    142
    the evidence can point to suicide as a theory, but the evidence is not convincing because it can also point to a murder theory. therefore, this should be declared "undetermined" cause in the higher interest of truth, thats the reason majority of posters are calling for reopening the case since there are a lot of holes in the suicide theory as mentioned.

    now, if this LA. Times story is another PR offensive , thats another topic.

    Quote Originally Posted by MyBelle View Post
    The LA Times reporter also mentions that the investigator who initially suspected homicide changed his opinion after finding the journal, farewell note and only her DNA on the rope around her neck. None of that points to homicide, it points to a suicide.

    JMO

  21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Pach For This Useful Post:


  22. #189
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    142
    if the evidence was overwhelming, then the Rebecca threads here would not be this long.the evidence is simply not convincing - unless there is still evidence , the public has not seen - thats why news organizatons and rebecca's family wants or had this unsealed, e.g cellphone records etc

    Quote Originally Posted by CDS22 View Post
    The article states that they quickly changed their viewpoint to suicide because the evidence was overwhelming.

  23. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Pach For This Useful Post:


  24. #190
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    708
    Quote Originally Posted by Pach View Post
    if the evidence was overwhelming, then the Rebecca threads here would not be this long.the evidence is simply not convincing - unless there is still evidence , the public has not seen - thats why news organizatons and rebecca's family wants or had this unsealed, e.g cellphone records etc
    Just because you or others don't find the evidence overwhelming, doesn't mean that it wasn't. Four independent investigations found the suicide evidence overwhelming.

  25. #191
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Pach View Post
    the evidence can point to suicide as a theory, but the evidence is not convincing because it can also point to a murder theory. therefore, this should be declared "undetermined" cause in the higher interest of truth, thats the reason majority of posters are calling for reopening the case since there are a lot of holes in the suicide theory as mentioned.

    now, if this LA. Times story is another PR offensive , thats another topic.
    The majority of posters aren't LE and haven't seen all the evidence. The evidence in totality conviced LE that suicide was more than just a theory. There is evidence the public has not seen. If the ME views it as conclusive, I seriously doubt he will change the death certificate at this point without new evidence.

    JMO

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to MyBelle For This Useful Post:


  27. #192
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Pach View Post
    if the evidence was overwhelming, then the Rebecca threads here would not be this long.the evidence is simply not convincing - unless there is still evidence , the public has not seen - thats why news organizatons and rebecca's family wants or had this unsealed, e.g cellphone records etc
    With all due respect, not all evidence was released to the public. The news organizations wanted documents unsealed because RN's attorney was implying a cover-up and influence peddling was involved. The unsealed documents help show that there was a very thorough investigation.

    JMO

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MyBelle For This Useful Post:


  29. #193
    deanna82437's Avatar
    deanna82437 is offline The dead can't cry out for justice; it is a duty of the living to do so for them
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,116
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBelle View Post
    The LA Times reporter also mentions that the investigator who initially suspected homicide changed his opinion after finding the journal, farewell note and only her DNA on the rope around her neck. None of that points to homicide, it points to a suicide.

    JMO
    Do you have a link to that article in the LA Times? TIA

    "Mercy to the guilty is cruelty to the innocent." - Adam Smith

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deanna82437 For This Useful Post:


  31. #194
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    142
    it is not just "mere" posters but 3rd party experts such as polygrapher, etc that are questioning the results. this was already pointed out in previous threads/posts. additionally, the newly released evidence just raises even more questions rather than satifying the doubters.

    Quote Originally Posted by CDS22 View Post
    Just because you or others don't find the evidence overwhelming, doesn't mean that it wasn't. Four independent investigations found the suicide evidence overwhelming.

  32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Pach For This Useful Post:


  33. #195
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,048
    Quote Originally Posted by CDS22 View Post
    Just because you or others don't find the evidence overwhelming, doesn't mean that it wasn't. Four independent investigations found the suicide evidence overwhelming.
    And reporters can see for themselves with the unsealed documents that there was no rush to cover-up anything.

    JMO

  34. #196
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    708
    Quote Originally Posted by Pach View Post
    it is not just "mere" posters but 3rd party experts such as polygrapher, etc that are questioning the results. this was already pointed out in previous threads/posts. additionally, the newly released evidence just raises even more questions rather than satifying the doubters.
    They don't have all the evidence that the LE do. Also, it must be said that some of these naysayers are being paid by the Zahau family for their help.

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to CDS22 For This Useful Post:


  36. #197
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Pach View Post
    the head injuries can support at least 2 theories- the going over the iron rail(staged suicide or voluntary suicide) or she was bonked on the head by a perp.
    When was she bonked? How did this perp get the body to the balcony without leaving any footprints and why wasn't there dragging found on the carpet or the balcony?

  37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SophieRose For This Useful Post:


  38. #198
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    142
    the problem is that the investigation does not appear thorough at all. what makes you say it was thorough ?? look at all the sub-threads that has spawned from the mother of all rebecca threads...., the only motivation i get from posting here is to find the truth, I get bothered when not every aspect is investigated. if it turns out its suicide then fine, if its a murder fine too, but in either case, the evidence has to be convincing that can stand the rigors of cross-examination.

    Quote Originally Posted by MyBelle View Post
    With all due respect, not all evidence was released to the public. The news organizations wanted documents unsealed because RN's attorney was implying a cover-up and influence peddling was involved. The unsealed documents help show that there was a very thorough investigation.

    JMO

  39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pach For This Useful Post:


  40. #199
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Pach View Post
    the head injuries can support at least 2 theories- the going over the iron rail(staged suicide or voluntary suicide) or she was bonked on the head by a perp.
    There is no evidence a perp was in the room with her or on the balcony with her, thus the conclusion that her death was suicide.

    JMO

  41. The Following User Says Thank You to MyBelle For This Useful Post:


  42. #200
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    142
    I said "theories" for goodness sakes the so-called suicide is a theory, just as the bonking is a possible theory. as for the prints on the balcony, you need to backread the other threads where it was mentioned that there is another print that was not mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by SophieRose View Post
    When was she bonked? How did this perp get the body to the balcony without leaving any footprints and why wasn't there dragging found on the carpet or the balcony?

  43. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pach For This Useful Post:


Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. CA Rebecca Zahau Nalepa Suicide or Murder? Media links&Timelines ONLY-NO DISCUSSION
    By Salem in forum Rebecca Zahau Nalepa Reference Forum
    Replies: 139
    Last Post: 10-17-2014, 07:22 AM
  2. CA - Rebecca Zahau Nalepa - suicide or murder? #11
    By Salem in forum Rebecca Zahau Nalepa
    Replies: 740
    Last Post: 09-15-2011, 01:57 AM
  3. CA - Rebecca Zahau Nalepa - suicide or murder? #10
    By Salem in forum Rebecca Zahau Nalepa General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 1142
    Last Post: 09-09-2011, 12:58 PM
  4. POLL- What will happen at Rebecca Zahau's briefing 9/2/11?
    By arielilane in forum Rebecca Zahau Nalepa General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-02-2011, 11:07 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •