Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 187
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,728
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty P View Post
    Have to admit my very first impression on reading the news stories of RZ's death was "couple involved in kinky sex bondage games". From the beginning, my assumption was a boyfriend angry w/ his girlfriend over the accidental death of his son lures her into a compromising situation by initiating a sex bondage game, then kills her. MOO


    I totally agree with your assessment!
    My posts and their content are MY OPINION unless I have provided a link
    and are not to be copied and pasted to other sites or pages without my permission.


  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IWannaKnow For This Useful Post:


  3. #92
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    683
    There were some comments that some of the rope ends were taped. So maybe some of this rope had been cut before and used by someone in the house for bondage?


  4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mrs. Holmes For This Useful Post:


  5. #93
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    736
    There are so many improbable coincidences and conclusions drawn by LE if we are to believe their scenario that it just boggles the mind. Correct me if I mis-remember details BUT:

    We are asked to believe that she killed herself not only by performing amazing contortions and all the other things people have pointed out, but by tieing unusual tugboat knots - with a tugboat captain resident on the premises? What a coincidence!

    She was hit on the head, according to autopsy, and there was a table leg nearby that had been kicked in, but somehow, at this millionaire's mansion, that was a coincidence! Also, although no other human can stand on a 4-legged table that is missing a leg, AS was able to - what a coincidence!

    The dog was kenneled - what a coincidence!

    The sister-in-law who loathed her, from the family who blamed her for the child's death, asked to come over for a "chat" the night she died, and a mysterious woman was seen on the property - what a coincidence!

    Loud music that might cover an argument was heard, as were screams, but the victim was gagged - just a coincidence! Screaming is heard all the time in this posh neighborhood, right? It must just have been a coincidence!

    The couple who lived on the property's guesthouse moved out soon after - quelle coincidence!

    There are no cameras where JS claimed to be all night, in the Ronald McDonald house rather than a camera-laden hotel - but that's just a coincidence!

    The SD-Coronado police are the unluckiest police force ever, to have so many odd coincidences develop on a multimillion dollar estate - but that's all just a big old coincidence!


  6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dovebar For This Useful Post:


  7. #94
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    736
    I forgot the amazing coincidence that JS and some of the women left here have a history of violent arguments, with accusations about choking.

    But that's surely just a coincidence.

    Kind of like how OJ had a history of battering Nicole. That was just a coincidence too.


  8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dovebar For This Useful Post:


  9. #95
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    remotely
    Posts
    42,910
    Water sport tow rope. Who would have the strength to utilize such a rope as this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

    You can choose to be bitter or better when handling your problems.


    Ø My posts are just my opinion and for entertainment purposes only.
    Do not copy any of my post. All post are to remain here.



    Christopher McCandless (aka Alexander Supertramp)
    2/12/1968 -8/1992 RIP you are missed.




    http://www.bringkyronhome.org/
    If you have information about Kyron Horman, please call the Tip Line at 503-261-2847 or dial 911


  10. The Following User Says Thank You to arielilane For This Useful Post:


  11. #96
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,022
    I still have many questions about the rope used. SDSO brushed off questions or never followed up on many key items of evidence, simply saying "it's a suicide" we don't have to investigate anymore". But a real death investigation hasn't been done and questions about the rope are critical.

    How does LE know it was retrieved from the garage? Should credit card records/receipts be searched to see if any interested parties may have purchased it prior?

    The house has been completely remodeled, so there's not likely any evidence left, but is there anything about the evidence collected that could show others handled the rope? Certainly some more accurate reconstructions could be staged to help understand more.

    Was the rope a type that, unlike the slippery silky rope used in the SDSO demonstration, would stick in place once it was knotted? If RZ, per the SDSO re-enactment, was able to bind her wrists in front, then slip one hand out while moving both hands behind her back, then reinsert her hand to tighten - wouldn't that be difficult to do with this type of rope, with its rough surface?
    All statements are my opinion only.


  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Betty P For This Useful Post:


  13. #97
    bourne's Avatar
    bourne is offline "The truth shall set you free." ~JUSTICE FOR REBECCA ZAHAU
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty P View Post
    I still have many questions about the rope used. SDSO brushed off questions or never followed up on many key items of evidence, simply saying "it's a suicide" we don't have to investigate anymore". But a real death investigation hasn't been done and questions about the rope are critical.

    How does LE know it was retrieved from the garage? Should credit card records/receipts be searched to see if any interested parties may have purchased it prior?

    The house has been completely remodeled, so there's not likely any evidence left, but is there anything about the evidence collected that could show others handled the rope? Certainly some more accurate reconstructions could be staged to help understand more.

    Was the rope a type that, unlike the slippery silky rope used in the SDSO demonstration, would stick in place once it was knotted? If RZ, per the SDSO re-enactment, was able to bind her wrists in front, then slip one hand out while moving both hands behind her back, then reinsert her hand to tighten - wouldn't that be difficult to do with this type of rope, with its rough surface?
    Forensically, the knots that were tied could be examined to identify the person who tied those knots about Rebecca's wrists, ankles, bedpost, etc. Knots made may be as singularly specific as a person's fingerprint. I think if investigators compare the knots that were used on Rebecca and the bedpost to knots tied by defendants on their boats or household, a clear pattern would emerge and point directly to one or more of the defendants.


  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bourne For This Useful Post:


  15. #98
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,756
    I'm also very curious about "shavings" from the cutting of the rope. This is never mentioned and none can be seen in the photos from the hanging room.

    Where was the rope cut if not in that room?


  16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to inthedark14 For This Useful Post:


  17. #99
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,022
    Quote Originally Posted by bourne View Post
    Forensically, the knots that were tied could be examined to identify the person who tied those knots about Rebecca's wrists, ankles, bedpost, etc. Knots made may be as singularly specific as a person's fingerprint. I think if investigators compare the knots that were used on Rebecca and the bedpost to knots tied by defendants on their boats or household, a clear pattern would emerge and point directly to one or more of the defendants.
    Another question I have about the knots and rope - if, as SDSO alleges, RZ had the skills and practice to bind her arms, legs and neck in this intricate manner, why did she supposedly have to go retrieve a boat tow rope from the garage to do so? If, as some allege, she practiced this type of rope tying as a hobby, why were there no other ropes at the crime scene, in the house, etc? There were no other ropes in the house, or one would assume SDSO would have taken them as evidence.

    So how does one become an expert at tying these intricate knots, cutting specific lengths of rope, etc. without ever having practiced it before?
    All statements are my opinion only.


  18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Betty P For This Useful Post:


  19. #100
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,307
    I believe Adam was a tugboat operator.

    Here is a site about tugboats with an interesting picture of the type of knot commonly used. The rope pattern on the H-bit sure looks familiar.

    image.jpg


    http://tugboatsonline.com/boat_yard/...wsertowing.htm


  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to *Lash* For This Useful Post:


  21. #101
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,307
    SDSO's explanation -

    How did she learn these complex knots?
    We don’t believe she did. These knots were not as complex as they have been made out to be, which is what we discovered when we attempted to recreate the knots on Rebecca’s wrists. Simply stated, this is one of those questions which will most likely never be answered with any certainty.

    Were there prints and DNA on the rope?
    Rebecca’s DNA was found on the rope, particularly in areas that would have to be manipulated to tie the knots. Only Rebecca’s DNA was found on these items other than one “artifact,” which is a fragment of material that could be DNA, but does not contain enough information to determine who, or what, it came from (animals and plants also have DNA that can be left behind). The rope could not be fingerprinted.

    Red = convenient pattern in this case.

    Dark red = another convenient pattern, DNA that was to small to be analyzed.

    http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/faq.html


  22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to *Lash* For This Useful Post:


  23. #102
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,022
    I'm bringing down the link to Dr. Drew's interview with Lindsey Philpott, the rope expert who worked on the Jon Benet Ramsey case.

    http://www.hlntv.com/video/2011/09/0...ase?hpt=dr_bn1

    Philpott agrees it would be extremely difficult for someone with no experience to tie these knots, particularly a distressed woman preparing to commit suicide.

    Note also the difference between the type of rope used by Philpott and that used to tie RZ. It's not the same type of rope. The tow rope is much stiffer, more coarse an would seem difficult to work with.

    http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/...ps76ec0218.jpg
    All statements are my opinion only.


  24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Betty P For This Useful Post:


  25. #103
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,022
    Quote Originally Posted by *Lash* View Post
    SDSO's explanation -

    How did she learn these complex knots?
    We don’t believe she did. These knots were not as complex as they have been made out to be, which is what we discovered when we attempted to recreate the knots on Rebecca’s wrists. Simply stated, this is one of those questions which will most likely never be answered with any certainty.

    Were there prints and DNA on the rope?
    Rebecca’s DNA was found on the rope, particularly in areas that would have to be manipulated to tie the knots. Only Rebecca’s DNA was found on these items other than one “artifact,” which is a fragment of material that could be DNA, but does not contain enough information to determine who, or what, it came from (animals and plants also have DNA that can be left behind). The rope could not be fingerprinted.

    Red = convenient pattern in this case.

    Dark red = another convenient pattern, DNA that was to small to be analyzed.

    http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/faq.html
    It explains why there was tape residue on RZ's legs, but none in the room or house. Rope is easier to handle than tape when you're wearing gloves. Someone realized that using tape to bind RZ was cumbersome with gloves and made the switch to rope. Hence, no chance of leaving DNA.

    IIRC, on expert said rope is a difficult material for finding DNA traces.

    http://trialwatchnetwork.com/death-i...ahau-analysis/
    All statements are my opinion only.


  26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Betty P For This Useful Post:


  27. #104
    bourne's Avatar
    bourne is offline "The truth shall set you free." ~JUSTICE FOR REBECCA ZAHAU
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty P View Post
    Another question I have about the knots and rope - if, as SDSO alleges, RZ had the skills and practice to bind her arms, legs and neck in this intricate manner, why did she supposedly have to go retrieve a boat tow rope from the garage to do so? If, as some allege, she practiced this type of rope tying as a hobby, why were there no other ropes at the crime scene, in the house, etc? There were no other ropes in the house, or one would assume SDSO would have taken them as evidence.

    So how does one become an expert at tying these intricate knots, cutting specific lengths of rope, etc. without ever having practiced it before?
    I think it's ludicrous for LE to make allegations that Rebecca had the skills and practice to bind herself without actually finding any physical evidence to support their allegations.

    As you say, if Rebecca regularly used ropes to bind herself, you'd find more ropes laying around the house. So where are all those ropes she used?

    Additionally, one would think if people who enjoyed rope tying would use ropes WITHOUT a handle -- for both aesthetic reasons and because the handle at the end of the rope just makes rope tying most impractical and inconvenient. The handle gets in the way of tying the rope! So why out of all those ropes Rebecca supposed could have used since rope-tying is her hobby did she go and used a long tugboat rope that one would need to cut into pieces? Why not use the ropes she supposedly already had laying around, ones which would have been easy to tie, given what I would presume to be much shorter lengths?

    IF in fact Rebecca wanted to commit suicide, why would she go through all that trouble to find a LENGTHY tugboat rope, then get several knives in order to cut the rope with when she presumably had used shorter ropes before to bind or play with in prior occasions? That is illogical. A distressed person doesn't make things HARDER for themselves. They find EASY WAYS OUT. That's a simple fact of human psychology. SDLE needs a psychology expert in their department. BADLY.


  28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bourne For This Useful Post:


  29. #105
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,307
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQu62Lz1tJ8"]Forensic Expert Examines Zahau Case[/ame]


  30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to *Lash* For This Useful Post:


Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Cords, Knots, and Strangulation Devices
    By otg in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 625
    Last Post: 04-17-2015, 08:17 PM
  2. Known rope in the house
    By why_nutt in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 435
    Last Post: 10-24-2012, 11:26 AM
  3. Replies: 70
    Last Post: 05-24-2010, 08:28 PM
  4. Memphis; Noose-like knots lead to 3 firings at GPAC
    By dark_shadows in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-04-2007, 08:55 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •