Page 1 of 52 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #4

Unhappy OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #4

Please continue here.

Review the rules of our forum before posting: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65798"]Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Katelyn Markham, 22, of Fairfield, Ohio was last seen by her fiancee the night of August 13. A $25,000 reward has been offered for information about Markham's disappearance.

Previous Threads:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147352"]Thread #1[/ame]

Thread #2
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148326"]Thread #3[/ame]
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

I'd love to get this thread going, but I can't think of anything to say...there seems to be NO news on Katelyn at all, not a hint or clue, since the night she vanished. I really don't think LE knows any more than we do; sure, they may have their suspicions, but those and four dollars might get them a cup of coffee...
    Just my opinion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I'd love to get this thread going, but I can't think of anything to say...there seems to be NO news on Katelyn at all, not a hint or clue, since the night she vanished. I really don't think LE knows any more than we do; sure, they may have their suspicions, but those and four dollars might get them a cup of coffee...
    They have the cell phone records. They know if her phone was pinging off the tower near her town home.
    They know if John's phone was pinging off the tower where he told LE he went, after leaving Katelyn's house. They know what time each text was sent. I would love to see them.

5. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Jo in Calif For This Useful Post:

Photos from various cases (click on left-column names on the main photobucket page...they are in alphabetical order) http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/

"LIKE" CCA: Crankycrankerson Case Archives on facebook, and please share the link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CCA-C...479258?sk=wall

Quote Originally Posted by Jo in Calif View Post
    They have the cell phone records. They know if her phone was pinging off the tower near her town home.
    They know if John's phone was pinging off the tower where he told LE he went, after leaving Katelyn's house. They know what time each text was sent. I would love to see them.
    I guess I was thinking that if Katelyn's phone never left her ping range before being shut off after that last text, it is not helpful in determining where that phone ended up. And of course JC's pings are important, unless of coursse they don't show any unusual pinging places at all...which would leave LE to just search anywhere and everywhere for her, IMO.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Well the phone pings might stop the speculating that he had her phone, texting to himself, if her phone was pinging at her house and his was pinging at a distant location.
    LE also, I would think, has the original text of the picture of the picture, not the one taken off a TV screen. I bet they even have the original picture, from Katelyn's room.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jo in Calif For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaReckonwith View Post
    I just wanted to say, I adore you for always setting up a HIGH QUALITY album for all the cases!!! During the Caylee case - I was one of those you probably thought was stalking your CrankyCrankerson pages!!!!!!!!!!

Just a huge shout out and BRAVO for a job well done!!!!!!!!!!!!

So sad. Where do these young women disappear to? I just can't accept that criminals can outsmart LE. No clues, no fingerprints, no witnesses?

Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    So sad. Where do these young women disappear to? I just can't accept that criminals can outsmart LE. No clues, no fingerprints, no witnesses?

It amazes me-this forum has opened my eyes to how many people go missing and are never found. How can a body, a person just disappear? I know how, but it just seems so scary.

Hopefully something breaks soon. It would be nice to see at least one of my pet cases end well-right now, everyone is either missing or found, but no arrests made

Quote Originally Posted by Darcyline View Post
    It amazes me-this forum has opened my eyes to how many people go missing and are never found. How can a body, a person just disappear? I know how, but it just seems so scary.

Hopefully something breaks soon. It would be nice to see at least one of my pet cases end well-right now, everyone is either missing or found, but no arrests made
    Same for me. I just can't believe how many people and especially young women just end up missing. Not coming home from a party or a concert; disappearing at a shopping mall; what ever. All with plans for the future; a lot of them college students - seemingly happy - with good relationships with their families etc. Where are they going????

The thing that bothers me the most is that a lot of families will have to wait years until by pure coincidence someone stumbles upon their loved one's body/remains. No closure. At all. This bothers me terribly.

It must be excrutiating. And I also checked out the story of Alicia Ross. Same type of situation. It's not always the boyfriend/partner who does the "deed". I am keeping an open mind on this...

15. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dutchie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie View Post
    Same for me. I just can't believe how many people and especially young women just end up missing. Not coming home from a party or a concert; disappearing at a shopping mall; what ever. All with plans for the future; a lot of them college students - seemingly happy - with good relationships with their families etc. Where are they going????

The thing that bothers me the most is that a lot of families will have to wait years until by pure coincidence someone stumbles upon their loved one's body/remains. No closure. At all. This bothers me terribly.

It must be excrutiating. And I also checked out the story of Alicia Ross. Same type of situation. It's not always the boyfriend/partner who does the "deed". I am keeping an open mind on this...
    I am afraid this case is already gone cold, we have watched so many just like this one! In this day and age, you want to think that people who kill or rape others are always caught, but unless it is family the truth is it usually goes cold!
    War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
    John Stuart Mill
    English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to alwayslooking For This Useful Post:

Maybe today will be the day something breaks.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to oh_gal For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post

Sadly, criminals have been outsmarting, LE since there was an LE, I believe that started with Bow Street Runners back in merry old England, then came across the ocean as hell and brimstone preachers with stout cudgels and enforcers of the faith, sheriffs in some instances.

On the other hand, evil doers/murderers, do seem to have the luck of the devil behind them and that is a mighty impediment to justice, until and if, that luck runs out.

This is a big country, lots of places to hide a body. I would say that in today's world eyewitnesses are rare, but I believe they always were - people do tend to mind their own business, and if there isn't a nosey old lady living across the street, well, no one usually sees or hears anything, everyone is too wrapped up in their own lives.

My opinion only

21. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Trident For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Darcyline View Post

I was a follower of www.charleyproject.org before I found this site. It IS astounding how many missing persons there are --- who are still missing.

Not sure if it's the 'fad of the day' with the media, but it seems to me that missing persons cases are getting more and more attention in the past year. This is a good thing, and I hope that it continues.

Does anyone here know if there are any more "searches" set up for this case in the next two weeks? What is being done?

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Yellow Rose For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Rose View Post
    Does anyone here know if there are any more "searches" set up for this case in the next two weeks? What is being done?
    So far only random volunteers from the area are going out Wed at 5. Not a TES or STAR led search but a local group brought together by this case. I talked to the lady leading it last night and they sound very organized and on the ball.

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to A_News_Junkie For This Useful Post:

I am wondering how and if volunteer searchers know which areas have already been searched. Usually LE is not crazy about releasing info about where searches will take place. I guess if relatives or friends have worked with TES they would know some areas. Can a searcher here answer the question, if you have searched, are you aware of all other areas that have been searched already? Just wondering if it is a sure thing that volunteers who may search on their own are not repeating areas.

I would go crazy as a family member of a missing person; I don't think I could wait for organized searches, I would want something to be happening every single day. I don't know how families sit back and wait for searches to happen, i.e. the Hormans. But I also wonder if they decide to search on their own, if they would have access to a list of places already searched.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

I am wondering how and if volunteer searchers know which areas have already been searched. Usually LE is not crazy about releasing info about where searches will take place. I guess if relatives or friends have worked with TES they would know some areas. Can a searcher here answer the question, if you have searched, are you aware of all other areas that have been searched already? Just wondering if it is a sure thing that volunteers who may search on their own are not repeating areas.

I would go crazy as a family member of a missing person; I don't think I could wait for organized searches, I would want something to be happening every single day. I don't know how families sit back and wait for searches to happen, i.e. the Hormans. But I also wonder if they decide to search on their own, if they would have access to a list of places already searched.
    That's a good question. It would be nice to map the areas that have been searched. I doubt that they would release information regarding future searches though.

I believe there are several on this thread who participated in searches.
    A parole review date is set for July 21, 2012 for Fred Howard Coffey.

Coffey was convicted of the murder of 10 yr old Amanda Marie Ray, NC. He admitted to molesting 300 children.

Please write a letter on behalf of Amanda.

Suspect in the murders of:
    5 yr old Neely Smith, NC
    14 yr old Kathy Lynn Beatty, MD
    8 yr old Travis Shane King, VA

Possibly connected to the disappearances of:
    14 Yr old Tracy Anne King, PA
    11 yr old Sheila and 13 yr old Katherine Lyons, MD
    15 yr old Carolyn Majane, NJ

Write to:
    Chairman Charles L. Mann Sr.
    NC Post Release Supervision & Parole Commission
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540
    RE: Fred Howard Coffey, DOC# 0081135
    or send an email to parole@doc.state.nc.us
    http://justice4amanda.tripod.com/

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JeannieC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JeannieC View Post
    That's a good question. It would be nice to map the areas that have been searched. I doubt that they would release information regarding future searches though.

I believe there are several on this thread who participated in searches.
    I wondered, because I keep seeing places being suggested on the FB page and they seem to be "obvious" places, i.e. wooded areas, parks, etc. the kinds of places LE and TES usually try to rule out. Not to say that a person hasn't been found before in a place already searched, it happens often. What doesn't happen as often, sadly, is a person being found during an organized search...it seems much more frequently to happen "by accident."

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

I can't answer this . I only went with TES and all I knew was where we were going. I was not and am not privy to any information on other searches (organized organization or just locals trying to search). The organizer of the locals is apparently asking the local PD if it is okay if we search. I have no clue if she is privy to where has been done by organized searches or not.

I wanted to add - that I would never share any information on where anyone searched whether that was a public, private nor organized search.
    Last edited by A_News_Junkie; 09-12-2011 at 04:06 PM.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to A_News_Junkie For This Useful Post:

I am confused by this: http://texasequusearch.org/2011/09/m...-tim-miller-3/

Does this mean Tim doesn't want any of us at searches????

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to A_News_Junkie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by A_News_Junkie View Post

Sounds like he visited WS among other places. If no one on WS is telling anything about the searches, and they are not, and people on WS want her to be found I don't see the problem

Can he find anyone who doesn't have an opinion, or doesn't suspect someone, even stranger. (Besides me. I don't have a clue.).

I wonder if there were arguments or comments made during the search. Maybe he's afraid people won't turn in evidence if they are involved on these sites, or plant evidence.

He might be thinking they will go tell everything they see or hear and compromise the investigation.

I think it is just as likely that anyone involved in a search will talk, not just people on FB,WS, or other blogs. People talk.

That eliminates most of KM's friends and family, JC's friends and family, and most of the people in the town. WOW!
    Last edited by JeannieC; 09-12-2011 at 04:36 PM.
    A parole review date is set for July 21, 2012 for Fred Howard Coffey.

Coffey was convicted of the murder of 10 yr old Amanda Marie Ray, NC. He admitted to molesting 300 children.

Please write a letter on behalf of Amanda.

Suspect in the murders of:
    5 yr old Neely Smith, NC
    14 yr old Kathy Lynn Beatty, MD
    8 yr old Travis Shane King, VA

Possibly connected to the disappearances of:
    14 Yr old Tracy Anne King, PA
    11 yr old Sheila and 13 yr old Katherine Lyons, MD
    15 yr old Carolyn Majane, NJ

Write to:
    Chairman Charles L. Mann Sr.
    NC Post Release Supervision & Parole Commission
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540
    RE: Fred Howard Coffey, DOC# 0081135
    or send an email to parole@doc.state.nc.us
    http://justice4amanda.tripod.com/

38. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JeannieC For This Useful Post:

Very surprised by this.

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to concernedmother For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by A_News_Junkie View Post

geez. it's not like we're trying to help or anything...

42. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mamacita For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mamacita View Post
    geez. it's not like we're trying to help or anything...
    I have battle wounds to prove I was trying to help. (Did you know thorns go straight through jeans?)

I am just speechless. I am hoping this is just a POORLY WORDED post and will be clarified soon. I wonder if someone posted pics or something from a search and all FB and crime sites are now being painted with a brush too wide?
    I have seen TM on NG many, many, many times (Think Caylee) and those shows are speculation 98% and 1% fact and 1% false facts. So......... Really?????? I am soooooooooooo confused.

44. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to A_News_Junkie For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 52 123456789101151 ... LastLast