Status
Not open for further replies.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Please continue here.

Review the rules of our forum before posting: Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

katelyn-markham.jpg

Katelyn Markham, 22, of Fairfield, Ohio was last seen by her fiancee the night of August 13. A $25,000 reward has been offered for information about Markham's disappearance.

Previous Threads:

Thread #1

Thread #2
Thread #3

I'd love to get this thread going, but I can't think of anything to say...there seems to be NO news on Katelyn at all, not a hint or clue, since the night she vanished. I really don't think LE knows any more than we do; sure, they may have their suspicions, but those and four dollars might get them a cup of coffee...:(

I'd love to get this thread going, but I can't think of anything to say...there seems to be NO news on Katelyn at all, not a hint or clue, since the night she vanished. I really don't think LE knows any more than we do; sure, they may have their suspicions, but those and four dollars might get them a cup of coffee...:(

They have the cell phone records. They know if her phone was pinging off the tower near her town home.
They know if John's phone was pinging off the tower where he told LE he went, after leaving Katelyn's house. They know what time each text was sent. I would love to see them.

They have the cell phone records. They know if her phone was pinging off the tower near her town home.
They know if John's phone was pinging off the tower where he told LE he went, after leaving Katelyn's house. They know what time each text was sent. I would love to see them.

I guess I was thinking that if Katelyn's phone never left her ping range before being shut off after that last text, it is not helpful in determining where that phone ended up. And of course JC's pings are important, unless of coursse they don't show any unusual pinging places at all...which would leave LE to just search anywhere and everywhere for her, IMO.

Well the phone pings might stop the speculating that he had her phone, texting to himself, if her phone was pinging at her house and his was pinging at a distant location.
LE also, I would think, has the original text of the picture of the picture, not the one taken off a TV screen. I bet they even have the original picture, from Katelyn's room.

So sad. Where do these young women disappear to? I just can't accept that criminals can outsmart LE. No clues, no fingerprints, no witnesses?

:sigh:

So sad. Where do these young women disappear to? I just can't accept that criminals can outsmart LE. No clues, no fingerprints, no witnesses?

It amazes me-this forum has opened my eyes to how many people go missing and are never found. How can a body, a person just disappear? I know how, but it just seems so scary.

Hopefully something breaks soon. It would be nice to see at least one of my pet cases end well-right now, everyone is either missing or found, but no arrests made :(

It amazes me-this forum has opened my eyes to how many people go missing and are never found. How can a body, a person just disappear? I know how, but it just seems so scary.

Hopefully something breaks soon. It would be nice to see at least one of my pet cases end well-right now, everyone is either missing or found, but no arrests made :(

Same for me. I just can't believe how many people and especially young women just end up missing. Not coming home from a party or a concert; disappearing at a shopping mall; what ever. All with plans for the future; a lot of them college students - seemingly happy - with good relationships with their families etc. Where are they going????

The thing that bothers me the most is that a lot of families will have to wait years until by pure coincidence someone stumbles upon their loved one's body/remains. No closure. At all. This bothers me terribly.

It must be excrutiating. And I also checked out the story of Alicia Ross. Same type of situation. It's not always the boyfriend/partner who does the "deed". I am keeping an open mind on this...

Same for me. I just can't believe how many people and especially young women just end up missing. Not coming home from a party or a concert; disappearing at a shopping mall; what ever. All with plans for the future; a lot of them college students - seemingly happy - with good relationships with their families etc. Where are they going????

The thing that bothers me the most is that a lot of families will have to wait years until by pure coincidence someone stumbles upon their loved one's body/remains. No closure. At all. This bothers me terribly.

It must be excrutiating. And I also checked out the story of Alicia Ross. Same type of situation. It's not always the boyfriend/partner who does the "deed". I am keeping an open mind on this...

I am afraid this case is already gone cold, we have watched so many just like this one! In this day and age, you want to think that people who kill or rape others are always caught, but unless it is family the truth is it usually goes cold!

Maybe today will be the day something breaks.

Sadly, criminals have been outsmarting, LE since there was an LE, I believe that started with Bow Street Runners back in merry old England, then came across the ocean as hell and brimstone preachers with stout cudgels and enforcers of the faith, sheriffs in some instances.

On the other hand, evil doers/murderers, do seem to have the luck of the devil behind them and that is a mighty impediment to justice, until and if, that luck runs out.

This is a big country, lots of places to hide a body. I would say that in today's world eyewitnesses are rare, but I believe they always were - people do tend to mind their own business, and if there isn't a nosey old lady living across the street, well, no one usually sees or hears anything, everyone is too wrapped up in their own lives.

My opinion only

I was a follower of www.charleyproject.org before I found this site. It IS astounding how many missing persons there are --- who are still missing.

Not sure if it's the 'fad of the day' with the media, but it seems to me that missing persons cases are getting more and more attention in the past year. This is a good thing, and I hope that it continues.

Does anyone here know if there are any more "searches" set up for this case in the next two weeks? What is being done?

Does anyone here know if there are any more "searches" set up for this case in the next two weeks? What is being done?

So far only random volunteers from the area are going out Wed at 5. Not a TES or STAR led search but a local group brought together by this case. I talked to the lady leading it last night and they sound very organized and on the ball.

I am wondering how and if volunteer searchers know which areas have already been searched. Usually LE is not crazy about releasing info about where searches will take place. I guess if relatives or friends have worked with TES they would know some areas. Can a searcher here answer the question, if you have searched, are you aware of all other areas that have been searched already? Just wondering if it is a sure thing that volunteers who may search on their own are not repeating areas.

I would go crazy as a family member of a missing person; I don't think I could wait for organized searches, I would want something to be happening every single day. I don't know how families sit back and wait for searches to happen, i.e. the Hormans. But I also wonder if they decide to search on their own, if they would have access to a list of places already searched.

I am wondering how and if volunteer searchers know which areas have already been searched. Usually LE is not crazy about releasing info about where searches will take place. I guess if relatives or friends have worked with TES they would know some areas. Can a searcher here answer the question, if you have searched, are you aware of all other areas that have been searched already? Just wondering if it is a sure thing that volunteers who may search on their own are not repeating areas.

I would go crazy as a family member of a missing person; I don't think I could wait for organized searches, I would want something to be happening every single day. I don't know how families sit back and wait for searches to happen, i.e. the Hormans. But I also wonder if they decide to search on their own, if they would have access to a list of places already searched.

That's a good question. It would be nice to map the areas that have been searched. I doubt that they would release information regarding future searches though.

I believe there are several on this thread who participated in searches.

That's a good question. It would be nice to map the areas that have been searched. I doubt that they would release information regarding future searches though.

I believe there are several on this thread who participated in searches.

I wondered, because I keep seeing places being suggested on the FB page and they seem to be "obvious" places, i.e. wooded areas, parks, etc. the kinds of places LE and TES usually try to rule out. Not to say that a person hasn't been found before in a place already searched, it happens often. What doesn't happen as often, sadly, is a person being found during an organized search...it seems much more frequently to happen "by accident."

I can't answer this . I only went with TES and all I knew was where we were going. I was not and am not privy to any information on other searches (organized organization or just locals trying to search). The organizer of the locals is apparently asking the local PD if it is okay if we search. I have no clue if she is privy to where has been done by organized searches or not.

I wanted to add - that I would never share any information on where anyone searched whether that was a public, private nor organized search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123