GUILTY AZ - Jennifer Barnes for child abuse, Gilbert, 2011

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Warning this is a tough read. Very tough.

Jennifer Barnes tortured her 10 year old adopted son by bounding him and forcing dog feces down his throat. She sodomized him with a toothbrush and burned his penis with a lighter. Dear Lord almighty.

Now the worse part. CPS dropped the ball. They had a file on this "person". On this Jennifer Barnes aged 39.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2011/09/jennifer_barnes_adopted_a_chil.php

This is the sort of incident which could be used to argue that God does not exist.

Warning this is a tough read. Very tough.

Jennifer Barnes tortured her 10 year old adopted son by bounding him and forcing dog feces down his throat. She sodomized him with a toothbrush and burned his penis with a lighter. Dear Lord almighty.

Now the worse part. CPS dropped the ball. They had a file on this "person". On this Jennifer Barnes aged 39.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2011/09/jennifer_barnes_adopted_a_chil.php

Sorry I cannot comment on the sexual torture described in the articles (why do we not have legal charges for sexual torture?), but I cannot comment without being banned.

But I'm not real happy with phoenix new times either! If they wanted to slam another media source, why didn't they wait and attach it to an obit for one of their editors or something? Why use a child's pain to slam another media source?

The comments following the article are interesting though.

This is tragic and heartbreaking. That poor child. Once again, one sick and twisted individual brings shame to the hard work and loving care of so many. If this woman couldn't handle or didn't want this child, there are options. SHAME!!!

I can't open any of the links to news reports. I guess that's God's way of protecting me. Some things just stay with me and make me so depressed. Please someone tell me he is okay and away from this monster for good.

I was, however, able to open the link to the mugshot. Nice mullet.

Oh my this lady is beyond cruel...I just dont understand...I hope this young boy receives lots of treatment and is removed from her custody!

Good Lord. One of the commenters under the Phoenix News Times article (ITA, nasty jibe there) has the audacity to say that the child did it to himself or falsely accused the woman concerning an older wound. WTH?? I guess that could be the case but I'd be gob-smacked. The fact that there has been investigations of this adoptive mom in the past, causes me to doubt this. I've worked with some incredibly disturbed children as a child advocate and in all the cases I've worked on (maybe 300 children), I've yet to come across a child who has accused a parent of this sort of abuse falsely or who has done this sort of thing to themselves--enough to cause scar tissue? I think not.

Then another couple of commenters state that they've seen strange behavior from this woman in the past--that she dressed the boy in dresses and forced him to do yard work in the AZ summer. I'm hopeful that the child is in a safe treatment home and this gets all sorted out in court. The sexualized torture of children really haunts me.

I couldnt open the link to the story and thought that I just wasnt supposed to read it either. My first thought at seeing the mugshot was her name should be Meth Ann. I cant say what I would like either. These childrens services people that drop the ball should be charged w complicity to the crimes done to these poor, helpless kids. Such monsters.

They sure might have dropped the ball. But there's just not enough info released yet to be sure. However, DHS is often derided whichever direction they choose. They're accused of removing too many children and then we read of a tragic case like this where it looks as if they missed a child who should have been removed.

Being that the little boy was adopted and IF he had special needs, it's highly possible that reports were made and the mother convinced DHS that the child was lying. That certainly happens. I do not envy the caseworkers on this case. They don't have a crystal ball and many are juggling up to 45-50 children on their caseload and are under strong state pressure to attempt to maintain children in their homes rather than remove them for foster care as there simply are not enough available homes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SGS3030
Back