Page 30 of 140 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 130 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sorrell skye View Post
    BBM

I'm skeptical of the bolded portion of this article.

The last we heard from Dr. Wecht was on Websleuth's radio on 9/18/2011, and he did not make any conclusive statements regarding the manner of death. IIRC, he was very careful to avoid making any definitive claims. What I remember him saying was that, in his opinion & based upon the AR, the manner of death should have been undetermined pending further investigation (paraphrasing).

Furthermore, I doubt that Dr. Wecht would come to any conclusion without conducting his own autopsy.
    Agreed, Dr. Wecht didn't make any conclusive statements-one way or the other.
    Just my opinion

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

This is on page 4 of Warrant 41227 as written by Brian E. Patterson on 13 July at 2:37 PM. I wonder when he changed his mind to suicide, or did he?
    "What I express here on this Forum is simply my own opinion"

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bonepile For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Morag View Post
    If the rope was 75' or 60', then how much was left over after the 'project'? If x=the length for the feet, and y=the length for the hands, and z=the length for the noose, then x+y+z= either 75' or 60'. And if the total is less than 60' or more than 60' but less than 75', then where is the leftover piece? It is unlikely that Rebecca would have cut it all up and then left the property to dispose of the leftover bit. If it's not on the floor of the balcony room, where is it? Gotta be somewhere on the premises.

The SDSO did not tell us the exact lengths of all the bits, nor where any other lengths of rope might have been found, and I believe that this omission was deliberate.

And where are the tiny, ravelled bits of rope that would be near where the rope was cut, on that light gray carpet, or on the backyard table, or on the concrete walk, or in the grass of the lawn. Are those bits missing also, or was the rope cut elsewhere, or was the guest room vacuumed?
    Yes, let's make sure all the rope cuts line up....just like the installation of
    mitered molding.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to alexanderdavis For This Useful Post:

BBM

I'm skeptical of the bolded portion of this article.

The last we heard from Dr. Wecht was on Websleuth's radio on 9/18/2011, and he did not make any conclusive statements regarding the manner of death. IIRC, he was very careful to avoid making any definitive claims. What I remember him saying was that, in his opinion & based upon the AR, the manner of death should have been undetermined pending further investigation (paraphrasing).

Furthermore, I doubt that Dr. Wecht would come to any conclusion without conducting his own autopsy.

Thanks ... I try to provide links to 'somebody says', but no matter who it is there is a lot of sloppy reporting. I'm not taking it as fact, some ME (or two) needs to review the autopsy, toxicology, photos, and LE reports (and possibly exhume her body). I would think looking at lividity alone could provide some info - hard to tell how distinct it is or isn't - to see if she was moved.

We also especially need to see a full crime scene recreation! It's all complicated enough without the addition of other things such as the long and winding paths Rebecca would have had to take after 1 am, where were her clothes, is it even possible for her to have gone over that 38 inche railing (I'm an inch taller than her, I think, and think it had to be less than 36" to even be possible - that could be a generous estimate)

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2011/09...t-more-issues/

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to time For This Useful Post:

Please read this. Comments from person who performed Adam's LDT!

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...-detector-test

"This Time We Get It Right!"
    If you can read this, thank a teacher, if it's in English, thank a soldier!
    If I forget to mention it. Everything I post is my opinion, right or wrong, good or bad.
    If you have questions about Rebecca Zahaus death, please watch this:http://websleuths.com/forums/showpos...00&postcount=1

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SunnieRN For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    Here is an animation that I did based on the police theory of the case:

RZN-vid - YouTube

A few notes regarding the pictures that were used in the animation:
    I resized a female to be 5 feet, 3 and a half inches using an assumption that the railing is 36” high.
    The final hanging location is also based on the above assumption.
    She is depicted as standing on the outside of the railing; she, of course, was on the inside.
    She is depicted as bent over backwards because I wanted to show where the face would be.

Standing:

Bent:

Falling:

9’ Mark:

Final location 9’2”

Where are the injuries?

The autopsy report says the following with respect to the head and torso of RN

Head:
    On the central forehead there is a 1 x 1-3/4 inch group of three vertically oriented parallel, thin, linear abrasions measuring from inferior to superior, ½ inch, 5/8 inch, and 5/8 inch (discontinuous) respectively. The most inferior one is within ¼ inch of the medial edge of the left eyebrow. On the right upper forehead, just past the hairline, there is a ¼ red abrasion.

Torso:
    None

So, given that her face would have be scraping over nearly 1 1/2 feet of railing, where is the injury to her nose???
    More importantly, with her torso going over 2 feet of railing, why is there not a single abrasion or injury of any kind???
    Cynic, thank you, as I am also moving this awesome post to the other thread!!!!!!

If I forget to mention it. Everything I post is my opinion, right or wrong, good or bad.
    If you have questions about Rebecca Zahaus death, please watch this:http://websleuths.com/forums/showpos...00&postcount=1

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SunnieRN For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by justbeachy View Post
    I LOVE Botox!! I agree, though, that some people take it too far.
    Count me in on the Botox love...it works well for me. No one knows...they just get speechless when they find out my age.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stilettos For This Useful Post:

I obviously didn't read this article, or look at the visuals, well enough yesterday:

I’ve drawn the direct route to the guest room in red and the extra walking that would be involved going to the master bedroom first in green.

Please note the green ellipse on the right hand side. Apparently the massive area of deck off the master bedroom, replete with substantial railing to hang oneself from, was not inviting to Rebecca. Curiously had she “fallen” from this deck she would have been in a rather secluded area. It is a narrow sidewalk that has steps down from the main courtyard and is not readily visible from the guest house area. It also has a privacy wall between the house and the next residence. Instead, Rebecca, we are led to believe, walked through the maze-like upper floor all the way to the opposite end of the house to fling her nude body off a balcony that was right next to the guest house and in open view of the occupant of that guest house.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SunnieRN For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
    I obviously didn't read this article, or look at the visuals, well enough yesterday:

I’ve drawn the direct route to the guest room in red and the extra walking that would be involved going to the master bedroom first in green.

Please note the green ellipse on the right hand side. Apparently the massive area of deck off the master bedroom, replete with substantial railing to hang oneself from, was not inviting to Rebecca. Curiously had she “fallen” from this deck she would have been in a rather secluded area. It is a narrow sidewalk that has steps down from the main courtyard and is not readily visible from the guest house area. It also has a privacy wall between the house and the next residence. Instead, Rebecca, we are led to believe, walked through the maze-like upper floor all the way to the opposite end of the house to fling her nude body off a balcony that was right next to the guest house and in open view of the occupant of that guest house.

As well as the couple staying in the caretakers cottage. I do not believe anyone would have done so willingly.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SunnieRN For This Useful Post:

deanna82437 is offline The dead can't cry out for justice; it is a duty of the living to do so for them
    Interesting read here plus link to revealing article re: JS

[ame="http://www.cafepharma.com/boards/showthread.php?t=478009"]No Way!!! It can't be true. - Cafepharma Message Boards[/ame]

"Mercy to the guilty is cruelty to the innocent." - Adam Smith

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to deanna82437 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by deanna82437 View Post
    Interesting read here plus link to revealing article re: JS

No Way!!! It can't be true. - Cafepharma Message Boards
    Holy crapola....well...I hate to say ITYS...but, well... SDSD what's up over there??? The hink stinks to the heavens already...wake the he77 up!

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to stilettos For This Useful Post:

I just posted a comment on this in another thread.

After looking @ the floor plans, I noticed the family room is beneath the master bedroom deck. On the side of the deck that Valhall is talking about, directly below there is a wall of windows in the family room.

I believe if RZ had been thrown from that deck, she would have crashed into the windows below, more than likely breaking them. I believe this is why that deck was rejected as a suitable hanging place.

Link to floor plans:

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/Library/RZ/floorplans.pdf
    To understand the soul of a horse is the closest we humans can come to knowing perfection.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sorrell skye For This Useful Post:

deanna82437 is offline The dead can't cry out for justice; it is a duty of the living to do so for them
    As well as the couple staying in the caretakers cottage. I do not believe anyone would have done so willingly.
    I wonder if that couple could actually been caretakers. From what I've read the house was only continuously occupied from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Perhaps occupied short term on other occasions. Not that it matters. Just a thought. Wonder if it's occupied now.

"Mercy to the guilty is cruelty to the innocent." - Adam Smith

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deanna82437 For This Useful Post:

After looking @ the floor plans, I noticed the family room is beneath the master bedroom deck. On the side of the deck that Valhall is talking about, directly below there is a wall of windows in the family room.

I believe if RZ had been thrown from that deck, she would have crashed into the windows below, more than likely breaking them. I believe this is why that deck was rejected as a suitable hanging place.

Link to floor plans:

Excellent point Sorrell, but, if Rebecca was suicidal, would she have even worried or thought about that? Just curious as I think you are correct.

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SunnieRN For This Useful Post:

Link to floor plans:

I understand what you are saying sorrell, but on the other hand, why would any in that crowd (with their money) care about windows being broken?

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 4Jacy For This Useful Post:

Page 30 of 140 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 130 ... LastLast