McKinley "Bug" Williams Dies On Tour

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
The longtime percussionist for Maze passed on tour while the group was in Tennessee.

One of Frankie Beverly's longtime friends and co-founding member of the R&B group Maze gave heaven another talent. Both Beverly and Williams are native Philadelphians, but took their group to the Bay area as they didn't fit into the "Philadelphia sound" of the day.

Arguably one of the best all time "R&B" groups of all times. Frankie and Bug did their own thing and the world is Blessed to have had them.

http://www.accessatlanta.com/atlanta-music/maze-percussionist-mckinley-bug-1160187.html

RIP Bug and thank you so much for the music that made memories.

Where the heck I have been I don't know. I noticed the radio was playing alot of Maze last week. Now I just saw this sad news. "Joy&Pain".

I haven't heard the name Frankie Beverly in years.

R.I.P.McKinley Williams.

Thanks for posting this Filly.

Filly,I knew Bug and Frankie. My ex was the guitar player when Frankie was "Raw Soul". Saw Bug's obit in the paper,but didn't think anyone here knew him. His funeral is today.

Filly,I knew Bug and Frankie. My ex was the guitar player when Frankie was "Raw Soul". Saw Bug's obit in the paper,but didn't think anyone here knew him. His funeral is today.

GM, GET OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:guitar: Oh what days you must have seen. Rather what nights you must have seen. That is so cool. I'm a tad green with envy here.:innocent::crazy:

Heck yeah I knew. I'm from Philly. Actually I got to see Maze a few times, but the last one I recall was at that old stadium........was it JFK? The one they tore down. That show was funkfurious as no other than Rick James was on the bill. That was real early 80's. I think he did maybe a set and we got to enjoy Maze way longer.

Godspeed for Bug. Prayers and higher vibes for him and his loved ones.

GM I'm telling you I am impressed. That must have been a heck of a life.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back