Identified! CO - El Paso Co., White female in Black Forest, Sep'11 - Jamie Essig

you gotta love it when LE describes the deceased as having "apparently been there for some time".

some time can mean a week to years and is really meaningless. judging, however, by their commentary that there were no scars or tattoos, she was not there longer than a couple of months at most and considering it is still summer, she was probably not there longer than a few weeks.

I could be reading it all wrong of course.

hmmm this is only a hour from Denver. Could this be a victim of Travis Forbes?

Body Found On Private Property In Black Forest

A body was found in the Black Forest area. A home owner discovered it on the property.

The El Paso County Sheriff’s Office is asking for the public's help in identifying the body.

An autopsy happened this morning, but it will likely be several weeks before the full autopsy report is completed.

Investigators say the body was in advanced stages of decomposition, which is makes identification of the victim challenging.

Detectives say the victim is a white female, approximately 5’3” tall. She has no identifying scars, marks or tattoos, but she does have discernable dental work including a crown, lower retainer and fillings in her teeth

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/Body_Found_On_Private_Property_In_Black_Forest_129694288.html

Oy, so sad that there are so many possibilities. Deborah makes the most sense, since she lived only 11 miles from Black Forest. But I know LE probably thought of her first, and it seems that it's not glaringly apparent to them. The thing that threw me is that the decedent had a retainer. I know adults can get them, but isn't that something teens or young adults would normally have? And Jeannie, you'd be surprised at how estimates of a corpses height can vary from their actual height. A variance of a few inches either way still bears looking into. Thanks for all your work, btw! Also, we have a young woman missing from Alamosa, Angelica Sandoval. http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129552&page=2

TX - Hailey Dunn

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hailey is 13 years old. She was heading to stay with a friend on Monday Dec. 27th but never made it. She is 5'1" with hazel eyes and brown hair. She also has pierced ears. She was last seen at 1804 Chestnut, wearing navy blue sweat pants, a light colored T-shirt and pink and white shoes.

Oy, so sad that there are so many possibilities. Deborah makes the most sense, since she lived only 11 miles from Black Forest. But I know LE probably thought of her first, and it seems that it's not glaringly apparent to them. The thing that threw me is that the decedent had a retainer. I know adults can get them, but isn't that something teens or young adults would normally have? And Jeannie, you'd be surprised at how estimates of a corpses height can vary from their actual height. A variance of a few inches either way still bears looking into. Thanks for all your work, btw! Also, we have a young woman missing from Alamosa, Angelica Sandoval. http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129552&page=2

It will better when they give a little more information. Approx. age, weight (if they can), hair, eyes, etc.

I agree the retainer makes her sound younger to me too. None of the girls I found had anything on the page mentioning a lower retainer. One looked like she might be wearing one. KYLIE SWEDLUND
jmo

Yep, I noticed that Kylie has that self-conscious half smile that girls use when they're hiding their teeth.I'm hoping Kylie is hanging out at the Pearl Street Mall in Boulder, though. I think that the others have been missing long enough that they would be merely skeletons by now. Plus, I don't think she'd been there that long since she was found on someone's property. It's a pretty nice little burb, too. Here's some info on the area. http://www.city-data.com/city/Black-Forest-Colorado.html

Could it also be a permanent retainer?

I have one on the back of my top teeth.

It is still considered a retainer, even though it doesn't "pop out".

Just a thought.

Sure, it could be permanent. I wish they had given us a little more info to go on-don't they know there are some incredibly nosy people out there? LOL Seriously, though, they ask for the public's help, but don't give us even the bare details. Hair color, clothing, general age, etc. There's a young woman missing from Pueblo, but she was accounted for until last Friday night-and I think the UID has been there longer....

Could it also be a permanent retainer?

I have one on the back of my top teeth.

It is still considered a retainer, even though it doesn't "pop out".

Just a thought.

Someone I work with also has a permanent retainer. She is 30. I also have 2 really good friends that are adults that recently had orthodontics done including braces. I do not think that a retainer necessarily means younger. JMHO

I'm sorry I jumped to conclusions.I stand corrected. I'm showing my age when I admit that my mental image of a retainer from "The Brady Bunch". Excuse me while I go soak my dentures in Lemon Pledge. ;)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back