Aileen Carol Wuornos

Hummmm. Didn't even know about it. In her own words? I know she had a horrible child hood. Do you know who Dawn is?

If I can find it at my Barnes and Noble, I surely will. Aileen is a fascinating killer, to me. I've seen an awful lot of the videos of her, and just find her quite literally fascinating. Sounds bad, but I think you all know what I mean.

ETA: Dawn is, I think, a childhood friend of Aileen's. Dawn Botkins. This is apparently a collection of letters Dawn recieved from Wuornos, and may be interesting reading. There is some information out there about it.

Best-
Herding Cats

I'll read this if it comes to our local library, I won't purchase it though. Unless my Husband wants to have it, he is the one that was very interested in Wuornos, not so much me.

yea Dawn is her childhood friend she wrote to while on death row for 10 years. I think it may be a interesting read.

I know I shouldn't feel sorry for Aileen as she did kill several guys, but I just cannot help it. I really believe that she was a product of what a bad childhood could have on someone like her. Even when she exposed her anger in the ways that she did at trial to me is because she didn't know how to deal with anything in a proper manner. Do you know what I mean?

I wouldn't buy it unless 100% of the proceeds were going to a charity.

Sounds like a very interesting book there are very good documentaries on Aileen on hulo.com. I hate to admit I kind of felt sorry for her too.

She shouldn't have murdered those men since they all couldn't have been out to kill her, but I've thought that maybe she shouldn't have gotten the death penalty due to her horrible abusive childhood and obvious mental problems. Especially after the latest trial in Florida where no abuse was even proven yet the inmate barely got a slap on the wrist. IMO, it's due to media sensation and attorneys. I felt sorry for her too, but feel sorry for all the convicts except for pedophiles.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kenzo2011
Back