NY NY - New York, Hudson River @ 4th St pier, WhtMale 25-60, UP9281, scars, pants, socks, loafer May'88

webrocket

Reaction score
this UID just showed up on Namus. the deceased was found in the Hudson River (actually on the NJ side in Hoboken but was brought across the river) on May 20, 1988. He was said to have been deceased for "weeks".

the UID was estimated to be between 25-60 y.o., 5'3" and 170 lbs, with dark brown hair. only distinguishing characteristics were two 1" scars on left forearm.

was found wearing brown pants, black socks and a loafer.

https://identifyus.org/cases/9281

no rule-outs listed.

this guy caught my attention, Francisco Rivera missing from Long Island on March 27, 1988.

Rivera was 52 y.o. lived in Manhattan and was supposedly 5'6", 160 lbs and had brown hair.

only distinguishing item noted for his physical condition was a mole.

Rivera was supposedly wearing blue work pants and black shoes.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/10335/0/

the time and place are about right. within age range and correct hair color. height is slightly off. weight is close.

any thoughts?

ETA: Rivera is listed with black hair. the UID had dark brown.

You have a match on the black shoes, but if he was wearing his work clothes (indicating "Vinyl Masters" - a door and window installing company), he probably wasn't wearing loafers. But there is no reason why he couldn't have changed clothes.

If they bothered to list the scars, would they miss the mole? Maybe.

The physical description looks close enough, but I wish they would provide more info.

All in all - it's a maybe, but not something that jumps out at me as a really strong.

moles are one of those strange things. I suspect most people have at least one but are they unusual enough for the ME's office to mention, unless they were very numerous or particularly prominent?

Rivera's disappearance is truly strange in that he worked the third shift, which was not supposed to end until 7 a.m. yet somehow he vanished at 4 a.m. there is no vehicle information in Rivera's profile and it is possible to take a train at that hour of the morning to NYC.

I don't envision a stranger criminal act at 4 a.m. in Deer Park Long Island.

took another look at this. there are no dentals, DNA or fingerprints for Rivera and only fingerprints and dentals for the UID so there is no way to compare the two.

Did anyone submit this possible match?
took another look at this. there are no dentals, DNA or fingerprints for Rivera and only fingerprints and dentals for the UID so there is no way to compare the two.

It might be wise to submit him as a potential match regardless of whether there are all identifiers on file. There's always the chance that authorities have not released all information that might help to identify the deceased. Also it's possible the crime or crime scene itself may hold a clue that matches or links to a MP. We really just never know what cards LE are holding close to their chest.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back