737 users online (88 members and 649 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

DNA solves Colorado girl's 1993 abduction/murder

No, not THAT Colorado girl..........but this case proves that hope springs eternal, and advances in technology are solving cases like this every week.

http://www.kold.com/story/15454202/c...-death-is-dead

Police in a Denver suburb announced Tuesday that DNA results showed that a man long suspected in the 1993 abduction and death of a 5-year-old girl had been responsible, but they were ending the investigation because he was dead.

Englewood Police Chief John Collins said investigators identified Nicholas Stofer as the lone suspect in Alie Barrelez's death through DNA testing, which wasn't available in Colorado at the time of her disappearance. Stofer died of natural causes in Phoenix on Oct. 7, 2001.

The discovery of additional matching DNA in the JonBenet Ramsey murder case is important information that raises more questions in the search for JonBenet's killer. The BPD concurs with the Boulder District Attorney's Office that this is a significant finding. The PD has continued to look diligently for the source of the foreign DNA, and to date, we have compared DNA samples taken from more than 200 people. Finding the source of the DNA is key to helping us determine who killed JonBenet

It's a matter of time until JBR's killer will be brought to justice, I cannot wait until that day, I even promise not to gloat

Quote Originally Posted by Junebug99 View Post
    It's a matter of time until JBR's killer will be brought to justice, I cannot wait until that day, I even promise not to gloat
    I will not keep promises that I can't keep. But I agree they are gonna get him.
    The discovery of additional matching DNA in the JonBenet Ramsey murder case is important information that raises more questions in the search for JonBenet's killer. The BPD concurs with the Boulder District Attorney's Office that this is a significant finding. The PD has continued to look diligently for the source of the foreign DNA, and to date, we have compared DNA samples taken from more than 200 people. Finding the source of the DNA is key to helping us determine who killed JonBenet

In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy23 View Post
    I hope so- I truly do. AND I hope I'm wrong. I would LOVE for it to NOT be a family member- to know that the last face JB saw as she died was not the face of someone she loved and trusted.
    But whichever of us is proved right, that is no time for gloating. How horrible to use the brutal death of a little girl as a means to enjoy proving other people wrong.
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

Roy23,
    How do you know it is a him? One of the principle suspects is dead!

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee249 View Post
    I hope so- I truly do. AND I hope I'm wrong. I would LOVE for it to NOT be a family member- to know that the last face JB saw as she died was not the face of someone she loved and trusted.
    But whichever of us is proved right, that is no time for gloating. How horrible to use the brutal death of a little girl as a means to enjoy proving other people wrong.
    DeeDee,

When people smear a family that clearly has a murdered daughter and the facts are right under your nose you get what you get. In your case, I am more sympathetic. It ain't about being right. It is about human decency and understanding the media for what they are.

We disagree and thats cool. They are looking for an intruder and they have told you already.

Quote Originally Posted by UKGuy View Post
    Roy23,
    How do you know it is a him? One of the principle suspects is dead!

Caucasion male DNA in Codis that you guys discount after the investigators have in so many words deemed pertinent to exclude a bunch of folks.

In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    DeeDee,

When people smear a family that clearly has a murdered daughter and the facts are right under your nose you get what you get. In your case, I am more sympathetic. It ain't about being right. It is about human decency and understanding the media for what they are.

We disagree and thats cool. They are looking for an intruder and they have told you already.
    It's cool with me, too. But I do not think of it as smearing a family- they are suspects as far as I am concerned. There is evidence that points to them, more so than to an intruder, IMO. The ONLY "evidence" that hints of an intruder is the DNA and that is "touch" DNA- aka skin cells. Too easily transferable to be definitely linked to the crime without a known donor. That isn't "facts under my nose" as far as I am concerned. I would hope, though I am doubtful, that the "new DA" (aka same old, same old) would be looking at EVERYONE, "cleared" or not, until the case is solved. I like to think they are looking not only for an intruder, but for whoever did this, regardless of where the evidence leads. In the past, there was a definite polarity in the investigation. The police and detectives believed the family was responsible or knew who was. The DA may have agreed, but political pressure and ties to the defense lawyers prevented them from doing so publicly. ML had her own agenda- clear Patsy Ramsey at all costs and without regard to the plausibility of her "suspect"- that fool JMK she tried to pin this on.
    Believe me, I know exactly how the media can be- they can spin the most horrendous crime into a fairy story.
    But in this case, the lurid details of the crime, spilled all over the tabloids, had less to do with WHO killed her and everything to do with selling papers.
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

Caucasion male DNA in Codis that you guys discount after the investigators have in so many words deemed pertinent to exclude a bunch of folks.
    Roy23,
    I do not discount it. Its just I do not make the elementary mistake of assuming it must belong to JonBenet's killer!

There will be foreign touch-dna, from other sources, to be found on JonBenet's person. Have all these been ruled out as being connected with her death?

Until the touch-dna is matched and this person is not eliminated due to accidental transfer, the touch-dna is simply that touch-dna, just like leaves that fall from a tree are leaves, but to which tree do all belong, or were they blown to there location by the wind or trasferred by friction.

The touch-dna is just touch-dna e.g. it is not semen or blood dna which is proof an intruder was at the crime-scene. The touch-dna just represents the possibility, out of thousands, that it might have originated from an intruder?

But then there is no other similar touch-dna anywhere else at the crime-scene, but there is plenty Ramsey forensic evidence as yet unexplained. Did this assist in their exclusion as suspects, if so, why?

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee249 View Post
    It's cool with me, too. But I do not think of it as smearing a family- they are suspects as far as I am concerned. There is evidence that points to them, more so than to an intruder, IMO. The ONLY "evidence" that hints of an intruder is the DNA and that is "touch" DNA- aka skin cells. Too easily transferable to be definitely linked to the crime without a known donor. That isn't "facts under my nose" as far as I am concerned. I would hope, though I am doubtful, that the "new DA" (aka same old, same old) would be looking at EVERYONE, "cleared" or not, until the case is solved. I like to think they are looking not only for an intruder, but for whoever did this, regardless of where the evidence leads. In the past, there was a definite polarity in the investigation. The police and detectives believed the family was responsible or knew who was. The DA may have agreed, but political pressure and ties to the defense lawyers prevented them from doing so publicly. ML had her own agenda- clear Patsy Ramsey at all costs and without regard to the plausibility of her "suspect"- that fool JMK she tried to pin this on.
    Believe me, I know exactly how the media can be- they can spin the most horrendous crime into a fairy story.
    But in this case, the lurid details of the crime, spilled all over the tabloids, had less to do with WHO killed her and everything to do with selling papers.
    I think there is plenty of evidence of an intruder besides DNA. With that said, LE's handling of the crimescene I am sure they destroyed even more. And sometimes it is not what evidence you find at a crimescene but what you don't. Many things source with this murder are conveniently missing from the house. RDI just likes to add another conspiritor to answer this question but things are missing.

DeeDee,

I've got some bad news for ya, Roy. When someone finds a little girl's murder as cause to gloat, they're not ALLOWED to lecture the rest of us on human decency.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    I've got some bad news for ya, Roy. When someone finds a little girl's murder as cause to gloat, they're not ALLOWED to lecture the rest of us on human decency.
    Think you might be being a little strong there Dave. And Gloat is very poor word choice. What's so ironic is you tried to rub my nose in a thread about poor Caylee Anthony. And, unfortunately, she is a dead little girl. So loosen up a little, Francis.

Caucasian male DNA in Codis that you guys discount after the investigators have in so many words deemed pertinent to exclude a bunch of folks.
    Firstly, the "Caucasian" angle was purely a construct of Team Ramsey spin artists. Not even the media reports it as being any specific ethnicity anymore.

Secondly, if you'd done some research, you'd know that the DNA being in CODIS isn't quite what you make it out to be: it had to be rammed in because it didn't fit the criteria for admission.

Thirdly, if you'd done MORE research, you'd know that we have good reason not to but into it. I shouldn't HAVE to tell you this, pilgrim, but that radio special we did wasn't for OUR benefit. It was for YOURS. Unfortunately, one the iron laws of this case is that those most in need of truth are least likely to benefit from it.

Finally, (that darn research thing again), it's been established that the DNA was never used by itself to exclude anybody. That's another myth the Ramseys have stuck on us. "Oh, it's good enough to exclude other people, but not us." Bulls***!
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    Firstly, the "Caucasian" angle was purely a construct of Team Ramsey spin artists. Not even the media reports it as being any specific ethnicity anymore.

Secondly, if you'd done some research, you'd know that the DNA being in CODIS isn't quite what you make it out to be: it had to be rammed in because it didn't fit the criteria for admission.

Thirdly, if you'd done MORE research, you'd know that we have good reason not to but into it. I shouldn't HAVE to tell you this, pilgrim, but that radio special we did wasn't for OUR benefit. It was for YOURS. Unfortunately, one the iron laws of this case is that those most in need of truth are least likely to benefit from it.

Finally, (that darn research thing again), it's been established that the DNA was never used by itself to exclude anybody. That's another myth the Ramseys have stuck on us. "Oh, it's good enough to exclude other people, but not us." Bulls***!
    Trust me on one thing. I seriously doubt you have more truths than I do.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast