1144 users online (199 members and 945 guests)  

Websleuths News

IL - Hannibal - Human Bones, Sept 2011 *RELIC*

I am interested in this if anyone knows more on this and we can be updated on this.

http://www.hannibal.net/topstories/x...ibal-are-human

More at the link

Pike County, IL —
    A forensic pathologist has determined that human skeletal remains were discovered over the weekend in a recreation area along the banks of the Mississippi River, across from Hannibal. The announcement was made by Pike County Sheriff Paul F. Petty Wednesday afternoon.
    Based on the preliminary examination, authorities believe the bones are possibly “very old.” Due to the apparent age and condition of the skeletal pieces, experts could not make any specific determinations, according to the sheriff. Petty says the next step in the process will be to extract DNA from the bones. That data will then be compared with missing person data bases in the hope the individual can be identified.
    Following the DNA check, authorities will be forwarding the skeletal remains to an anthropologist in the hope of determining the person’s age at the time of their death. According to Petty, other questions such as the person’s sex, race, height and possibly other individual characteristics may also be determined by the anthropologist. However, the condition of the remains often determines what conclusions can be reached, added the sheriff. Petty warned that it may be several months before authorities have any answers.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 08-28-2013 at 01:43 AM. Reason: prefix
    ALL EVIL NEEDS TO SUCCEED IS FOR GOOD PEOPLE TO DO NOTHING!!!!

Stacey Peterson came to mind as I read your post.

Beth Bently was who I was thinking about.

Based on the preliminary examination, authorities believe the bones are possibly “very old.” I wonder how old.

http://www.myjournalcourier.com/news...nty-human.html

Fishermen found remains Saturday night and reported the discovery to authorities, saying they found a makeshift cross at the site that appeared to be very aged.
    “We don’t know if an old cemetery was located there, but we’re looking into everything,” Petty said.

Bones found recently possibly hundreds of years old

http://www.myjournalcourier.com/arti...eds-years.html

October 29, 2011 6:00 AM
    MARIA NAGLE

Skeletal remains found in Pike County about six weeks ago have been identified as Native American and possibly are hundreds of years old.