1267 users online (202 members and 1065 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimeSuspect View Post
    Zahra Baker's stepmum plans to appeal murder conviction

Six years after the brutal death of Zahra Baker her stepmother Elisa refuses to accept responsibility and plans to appeal her murder conviction.

From her cell in a North Carolina prison Elisa Baker, 47, told The Daily Telegraph she still keeps a photo of the smiling 10-year-old inside her locker.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/201...oVyR6SDi5A4.99
    ..of course she is.

..just where i would keep a photo of someone i'd want to remember.....inside a locker, rather than out in the open to cherish daily.

..her own previous lawyer has said that if she does go to trial, she may be looking at life. perfect, she should have got that in the 1st place.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...hra-Baker.html

--snip--

"Elisa's attorney Scott Reilly said the evidence against his client was 'overwhelming' and he believes that if the case is appealed and brought to trial that she could be sentenced to life in prison."

..and it still irks me to no end that adam "walked", playing the dumb as a box of rocks card, and the DA either bought it or was too useless to pursue charges against him as well.
    my opinion...........and i happen to agree with it.....

Quote Originally Posted by lauriej View Post
    ..and it still irks me to no end that adam "walked", playing the dumb as a box of rocks card, and the DA either bought it or was too useless to pursue charges against him as well.
    RSBM This. I can't think of a crime that has haunted me more. When I think of how brave and optimistic Zahra was, how much she had overcome despite her health issues and the horrible environment she was forced to endure, only to have her life snuffed out by this evil creature. To add further insult, Elisa gets a far too lenient sentence, and Adam who had to know exactly what went on, walks away unscathed. It's just an unbearable outcome. All MOO

From PrimeSuspect's kink:

“Why would she haunt me? I was a good mamma,” she told the newspaper."

Jaw Dropping. Read this in The Mail yesterday. Prison obviously hasn't unscrambled her brain. But if this useless appeal increases her sentence then jolly well done. Foul woman.
    I honestly don't think Adam knew what she had done. He was just a rubbish father, and probably addled on drugs. The USA almost certainly couldn't be bothered to go through the lengthy and expensive process of pursuing him for Neglect, and then the expense of keeping him in prison. I can't say I blame them. History will deal with him. No one is ever going to forget what happened to that poor child.

I say give her a jury trial. Life sounds like a wonderful option to me. I can't see her getting less than her original sentence.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18