Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Born View Post
    Westdiefox, this article confused me. It states the saw was found on International Dr. (what town is International Dr?). Then it states Whisnant testifed "Although Elisa was in the area of Christie Road, Dudley Shoals Road and Industrial Drive on Sept. 24, ..."

Is this a typo? Are they speaking of the same or different roads? What town is Industrial Drive?
    Westside, I just found out that these are 2 different places. Both are located in Hudson, NC. The reporter who wrote this article did not use the correct or entire name of each road. It is Internationa Blvd and Halls Industrial Dr. That is why google maps would not recognize the location.

Thanks for posting this article. At least now we know what Dub's team found and where it was located.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hickory Born For This Useful Post:

Westdiefox, this article confused me. It states the saw was found on International Dr. (what town is International Dr?). Then it states Whisnant testifed "Although Elisa was in the area of Christie Road, Dudley Shoals Road and Industrial Drive on Sept. 24, ..."

Is this a typo? Are they speaking of the same or different roads? What town is Industrial Drive?
    I have no idea where this is??? Maybe you could go back through the threads to the amazing maps that were done when the search was going on and find your answer there.

I think so many along with myself assumed when it was said Lisa Dubs and crew found and retreaved a vital piece of evidence we thought they had to have searched a cupboard in the house or something. This article just shows what was found and even with your question where. I was right along with Allusion in thinking it had to be something to do with the prostetic. The saw never entered my mind.
    GREAT MOUNTAINS OF HAPPINESS GROW OUT OF TINY HILLS OF KINDNESS

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to westsidefox64 For This Useful Post:

How sad and pathetic and sickening.....Adam and the confessed killer and their lawyers must be gleeful!! DA should be ashamed....
    IMO

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Amster For This Useful Post:

http://www2.morganton.com/news/2011/...rs-ar-1394327/

snipped
    BBM

On Sept. 24, Adam was in Burke County, north of Valdese, Whisnant said. After work, he tried to get a ride home with Elisa but she told him she couldnít get a ride because she had been stopped by a trooper and her eldest daughter would have to give him a ride. Whisnant said police found no evidence a trooper stopped Elisa that day.

This is something else that concerns me. Did the eldest daughter stall for time taking Adam home? Did the eldest daughter know what had happened to Zahra? Is this why the eldest daughter testified to keep Elisa locked up?

8. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Hickory Born For This Useful Post:

snipped
    BBM

On Sept. 24, Adam was in Burke County, north of Valdese, Whisnant said. After work, he tried to get a ride home with Elisa but she told him she couldnít get a ride because she had been stopped by a trooper and her eldest daughter would have to give him a ride. Whisnant said police found no evidence a trooper stopped Elisa that day.

This is something else that concerns me. Did the eldest daughter stall for time taking Adam home? Did the eldest daughter know what had happened to Zahra? Is this why the eldest daughter testified to keep Elisa locked up?
    I have always been of the opinion that several people knew exactly what was going on in that house and did nothing to stop it. I also believe that several people knew exactly what Elisa did and kept their mouths shut so that they would not be charged with their own lists of crimes. I saw no fear whatsoever in that lovely "family" photo that was taken on Mother's day of Elisa and her children. In the end the adults that could have helped Zahra decided that she was not worth jail time for them if they saved her. And I include Adam in that list as well as some others that are not blood relatives of Elisa.

MOO

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TorisMom003 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Flakes View Post
    I heaved a great sigh of relief when I saw the news today. 15-18 years never seems like enough, I realise, but it's a sentence that will be served. And we know there will be considerably more, and they knew this in sentencing EB. I'm glad that Zahra's remains will be finally brought back to Australia ... I feel she belongs here.

I'm hoping that in coming months EB will reveal additional information about Zahra's other remains, or other significant info, to cell mates, or she might volunteer info to authorities herself. She might do that for additional notoriety ... to get her name in the news again. Who can know with a person like her that so badly craved recognition in social media, etc. What we do know is she likes to tell "her" stories.

I'm happy for Zahra that there has been some conclusion. It's a guaranteed outcome rather than just a possible outcome.
    I completely agree. Even though I don't believe she would have been acquitted, at least this way it is guaranteed she WILL BE in prison until she's into her 60's, if she lives that long. No worries about a verdict possibly be overturned on appeal. In addition I also am counting on the Federal drug charges to seal her fate for the rest of her life. The deal was initially made in order to recover Zahra's remains. And now Zahra's remains can be returned to Australia.

MOO
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

snipped
    BBM

All good questions. It is possible the daughter had no knowledge at the time of what happened to Zahra, however knows how evil her mother can be. Or possibly she did know but was threatened by her mother. We may never know.

MOO
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

When I follow other cases and see the level of searching that LE is capable of doing (how many deserts and mines will they have to keep searching for Susan Powell?), especially when they had cell phone pings and tips, I have to wonder why they wasted so much time and manpower on EB's "story" and went through those areas where Adam worked and the yard. If they had really put a timeline together, they should have been able to pin down a time frame after the last independent siting of Zahra to follow EB's cell pings and search those areas with cadaver dogs. Maybe they would have found all of Zahra on their own. I think they really took the easy way out here and the sentence proves it.

Poor Zahra. Poor Emily. No justice for either of them.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kamille For This Useful Post:

The question I have is if she's sentenced to 18 years, does that mean with 'good behavior' she can be out in only 9 years?

I can only hope that the judge throws the book at her for the drug charges so she never gets out. Maybe that was the plan by the DA all along, because without the body you might get some yahoos in the jury, like with the Casey Anthony circus, who wouldn't convict.

And as far as her father goes, it's too bad we can't put people away for being naive, stupid, unconcerned ... or whatever other lame excuse he has for not keeping track of his own child.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cracka*Jaxx For This Useful Post:

DA Gaither statement following court september 15th...

http://www.wbtv.com/story/15473441/d...th-elisa-baker
    DA outlines reasons for seeking second degree murder charge against Elisa Baker
    my opinion...........and i happen to agree with it.....

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to lauriej For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lauriej View Post
    DA Gaither statement following court september 15th...

http://www.wbtv.com/story/15473441/d...th-elisa-baker
    DA outlines reasons for seeking second degree murder charge against Elisa Baker
    Hopefully the Federal court will make sure she never gets out. The plea deal was probably the best route to go. We have all recently seen what can happen when peers decide a murderer's fate.

22. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to CarrieBean For This Useful Post:

5 questions about Zahra's case with the district attorney

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2...ey-ar-1403595/

snipped
    BBM

1. Why did Elisa Baker kill Zahra?

Gaither: Elisa Baker may have wondered if anybody would have noticed if Zahra was gone. She may have wanted to kill Zahra to stop her from alerting the authorities about her ongoing abuse at Elisa Baker’s hands.

I wonder...Do these first words out of Gaither's mouth pertain to Adam's lack of being a decent parent?

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hickory Born For This Useful Post:

snipped
    BBM

Gaither: Elisa Baker may have wondered if anybody would have noticed if Zahra was gone. She may have wanted to kill Zahra to stop her from alerting the authorities about her ongoing abuse at Elisa Bakerís hands.

I wonder...Do these first words out of Gaither's mouth pertain to Adam's lack of being a decent parent?
    I have a question. Why did you allow EB to plea without giving up the rest of Zahra's remains and answering how and why Zahra was murdered. OK, that's really three questions but I want those answers and your answers aren't cutting it for me!

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LCoastMom For This Useful Post:

snipped
    BBM

Gaither: Elisa Baker may have wondered if anybody would have noticed if Zahra was gone. She may have wanted to kill Zahra to stop her from alerting the authorities about her ongoing abuse at Elisa Bakerís hands.

No. In the third question, he makes it very clear, imo that Adam had no idea what evil and hellish life was awaiting them.

-----

3. Are you satisfied with the way things stand with Adam Baker?

Gaither: Law enforcement did an excellent investigation into Elisa Bakerís statement that attempted to incriminate Adam. It showed without a doubt that Elisa Baker was not telling the truth when she said Adam Baker was with her on the 25th.

Two witnesses said Adam Baker was in Newton doing a landscaping job at the same time that Elisa Baker claimed he was the person who dismembered and distributed Zahraís remains.

Phone records indicated that Adam Baker wasnít there when she hid the body.

Adam Baker met Elisa Baker online and invited her to Australia then, without having any reason to believe that his daughter would be given adequate medical attention, love or affection. He removed Zahra from a home where she had family bonds and medical care.

I think that speaks volumes about Adam Baker.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka*Jaxx View Post
    The question I have is if she's sentenced to 18 years, does that mean with 'good behavior' she can be out in only 9 years?

I can only hope that the judge throws the book at her for the drug charges so she never gets out. Maybe that was the plan by the DA all along, because without the body you might get some yahoos in the jury, like with the Casey Anthony circus, who wouldn't convict.

And as far as her father goes, it's too bad we can't put people away for being naive, stupid, unconcerned ... or whatever other lame excuse he has for not keeping track of his own child.

bbm.....wow.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast