728 users online (117 members and 611 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Trial Delayed until at least January

Just in from WRAL:
    "A Superior Court judge has delayed until at least January the retrial of Jason Young, accused of beating to death his pregnant wife inside their Wake County home nearly five years ago. Young was scheduled to go to trial again Oct. 10."

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/m...tory/10199899/

Retrial of Jason Young scheduled for Jan. 9

During a routine court hearing Thursday, prosecutors said they plan to present additional evidence at the new trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Just the Fax View Post
    http://www.wral.com/specialreports/m...tory/10199899/

Retrial of Jason Young scheduled for Jan. 9

During a routine court hearing Thursday, prosecutors said they plan to present additional evidence at the new trial.
    Are you taking the stand JTF?

What do you think this additional evidence could be? Or what should it be?

ETA - I know what it should be just by reading here.
    Last edited by jilly; 09-29-2011 at 12:01 PM.

Madeleine74 is offline Of course it's my opinion; who else's would it be?
    Additional evidence?

I'd be happy if they'd just present ALL the evidence they have. They left chunks of it out of the first trial, for what reason, I can't imagine.

Imagine the impact, though, if the jury heard that little C.Y. told her schoolmate, in secrecy, that her daddy killed her mommy. The damage done to that little girl by her murderous father is truly unconscionable.

Lets just see the unedited, full-length version.
    The Cliff Notes version was a disaster.
    WTH was the state of NC thinking?

Trail starts Jan 17, 2012

RALEIGH, N.C. The second trial for Jason Young has been pushed back another week because of an unrelated scheduling issue, the prosecutor trying the case said Wednesday.

Wake County Assistant District Attorney Becky Holt said the trial is now set for Jan. 17 and that she expects it will last about six weeks.

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/m...tory/10499496/
    The World Has Gone Mad.

Trial starts Jan 17, 2012

RALEIGH, N.C. The second trial for Jason Young has been pushed back another week because of an unrelated scheduling issue, the prosecutor trying the case said Wednesday.

Wake County Assistant District Attorney Becky Holt said the trial is now set for Jan. 17 and that she expects it will last about six weeks.

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/m...tory/10499496/
    The World Has Gone Mad.

I just finished watching testimony from the first trial. I was glued to the Casey Anthony trial and had no idea this trial was going on at the same time. Boy, what a disappoinment that verdict turned out to be!

Anyway, I took the time and watched all of the testimony so I could be up to speed on this case when the retrial takes place.

Jason Young, in my opinion, most certainly killed his wife and unborn child. He had a pretty good run of dumb luck with the service station's survelliance cameras not working at the time he went in there but I have absolutely no doubt it was him in there. Especially watching his reactions to the female prosecutor, he really looks down on women.

His relationship with his mother was absolutely no different than Michelle's relationship with her mother. The difference? Jason didn't like Linda, Linda put him in his place, told him what was up, and that didn't sit well with a person who looks down on women. You see, I think Jason looks at women as nothing more than sexual gratification. Discussing the fact that his sex life wasn't satisfactory with his co-workers? How embarrassing for Michelle. I'm so sorry for her.

The prosecution's cross of the defendant was extremely disappointing, I found myself continuing questioning on certain subjects when the prosecutor moved on to another subject. Like the print-outs on the computer. He testified that he printed the e-bay ads, and printed a couple of maps. He grabbed the maps as they were in his car...but he didn't grab the e-bay ads? The prosecutor even asked him "You printed the maps, was that at the same time you printed the e-bay ads"...his answer was yes....I yelled out "So why did you pick up the maps but not the e-bay ads".

Anyway, I look forward to the retrial, hopefully the prosecution has learned a thing or two. I highly doubt JY is going to testify during this one, I think the prosecution may have missed their chance, unfortunately.

Oh, and one thing that I kept noting over and over....what in the WORLD did Michelle see in this man? He is not at all handsome, he was embarrasing to be around doing all the "life of the party" things he did all the time, what he fails to realize is that his "friends" were laughing AT him, not WITH him.....he livened up their time so let him do all those foolish things, getting nekkid and doing genitalia tricks...mooning his own grandmother....I mean, really?

Oh well, enough babbling....see you all during retrial!

Happy New Year!

Quote Originally Posted by Candy_Pickletoes View Post
    I just finished watching testimony from the first trial. I was glued to the Casey Anthony trial and had no idea this trial was going on at the same time. Boy, what a disappoinment that verdict turned out to be!

Anyway, I took the time and watched all of the testimony so I could be up to speed on this case when the retrial takes place.

Jason Young, in my opinion, most certainly killed his wife and unborn child. He had a pretty good run of dumb luck with the service station's survelliance cameras not working at the time he went in there but I have absolutely no doubt it was him in there. Especially watching his reactions to the female prosecutor, he really looks down on women.His relationship with his mother was absolutely no different than Michelle's relationship with her mother. The difference? Jason didn't like Linda, Linda put him in his place, told him what was up, and that didn't sit well with a person who looks down on women. You see, I think Jason looks at women as nothing more than sexual gratification. Discussing the fact that his sex life wasn't satisfactory with his co-workers? How embarrassing for Michelle. I'm so sorry for her.

The prosecution's cross of the defendant was extremely disappointing, I found myself continuing questioning on certain subjects when the prosecutor moved on to another subject. Like the print-outs on the computer. He testified that he printed the e-bay ads, and printed a couple of maps. He grabbed the maps as they were in his car...but he didn't grab the e-bay ads? The prosecutor even asked him "You printed the maps, was that at the same time you printed the e-bay ads"...his answer was yes....I yelled out "So why did you pick up the maps but not the e-bay ads".

Anyway, I look forward to the retrial, hopefully the prosecution has learned a thing or two. I highly doubt JY is going to testify during this one, I think the prosecution may have missed their chance, unfortunately.

Oh, and one thing that I kept noting over and over....what in the WORLD did Michelle see in this man? He is not at all handsome, he was embarrasing to be around doing all the "life of the party" things he did all the time, what he fails to realize is that his "friends" were laughing AT him, not WITH him.....he livened up their time so let him do all those foolish things, getting nekkid and doing genitalia tricks...mooning his own grandmother....I mean, really?

Oh well, enough babbling....see you all during retrial!

Happy New Year!
    BBM. No testimony was given at trial that Jason Young looked down on women. Michelle was very attractive and had become pregnant three times and several attractive women testified that they had a sexual relationship with him so I'm guessing they didn't just go by how handsome or not they found him to be.

All the "party" stuff isn't evidence of murder and the Judge shut-down the prosecutor who tried to use it as evidence. I think the testimony of the store clerk hurt the prosecution big time. She seemed really confused. The continued delays for the retrial have me wondering if the prosecutor is going ahead with it.

JMO

Quote Originally Posted by MyBelle View Post
    BBM. No testimony was given at trial that Jason Young looked down on women. Michelle was very attractive and had become pregnant three times and several attractive women testified that they had a sexual relationship with him so I'm guessing they didn't just go by how handsome or not they found him to be.

All the "party" stuff isn't evidence of murder and the Judge shut-down the prosecutor who tried to use it as evidence. I think the testimony of the store clerk hurt the prosecution big time. She seemed really confused. The continued delays for the retrial have me wondering if the prosecutor is going ahead with it.

JMO
    Huh?

Jason Young "looked down on" and totally DISRESPECTED his wife.
    What else do you call bedding 2 other women in the month before the murder?

The vile, immature behavior in the company of others showed complete disrespect for all women. Correct, it was not evidence of murder, but it was used to paint a picture of a very unstable man that disrespected his wife.

Gracie confused? Not what I saw. She clearly remembered the man that cursed her and drove off in a white SUV.

Guess you missed the reasons for the 2 delays. Both were administrative.

The state has a very strong case ....the evidence just needs to be presented properly.

Huh?

Jason Young "looked down on" and totally DISRESPECTED his wife.
    What else do you call bedding 2 other women in the month before the murder?

The vile, immature behavior in the company of others showed complete disrespect for all women. Correct, it was not evidence of murder, but it was used to paint a picture of a very unstable man that disrespected his wife.

Gracie confused? Not what I saw. She clearly remembered the man that cursed her and drove off in a white SUV.

Guess you missed the reasons for the 2 delays. Both were administrative.

The state has a very strong case ....the evidence just needs to be presented properly.
    Evidence of murder needs to be presented rather than just evidence the guy is a jerk. I can only go by what I observed at the last trial. I responded to a poster who used the prosecutor as an example of Jason looking down upon women. AFAIK, Jason has never had sex with the prosecutor or partied with her.

Consenting men having sex with consenting women isn't evidence of sexism or that the man "looks down" upon women in general. Three women testified the sex was consensual. It also isn't evidence of murder, which is probably why the Judge stopped the prosecutor. Many people are disrespectful to their mates but that doesn't equal to murder.

I think the State has a very weak case and that's why she introduced partying and such as evidence. It's all she had. Gracie was a gift to the defense. I can understand why a majority of the jury concluded Jason wasn't guilty.

JMO

Consenting men having sex with consenting women isn't evidence of sexism or that the man "looks down" upon women in general. Three women testified the sex was consensual.
    Jason Young was married.
    You're right, not looking down on women in general, just his wife.
    And yes, it is part of the evidence that goes to prove motive for murder.

Jason Young was married.
    You're right, not looking down on women in general, just his wife.
    And yes, it is part of the evidence that goes to prove motive for murder.
    I don't agree that adultery is evidence of murder. I doubt an entire jury would agree that it is. If that is an example of the prosecutor's evidence, I think she'll fail. I thought she came across as a old school prude first time around, right down to her sensible shoes.

I don't agree that adultery is evidence of murder. I doubt an entire jury would agree that it is. If that is an example of the prosecutor's evidence, I think she'll fail. .
    Nor do I.
    However, it does go to show motive for murder.

Nor do I.
    However, it does go to show motive for murder.
    I do not agree that adultery is enough to show motive for murder. Divorce is an option and neither spouse had initiated one in this case. A motive is useless if opportunity can not be proved beyond a reasonable doubt and it wasn't proved in the last trial or the civil trial.

I'm more interested in the latest search warrants as well as the defense's interest in finding out what the civil lawyers uncovered.

Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast