1062 users online (258 members and 804 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Nancy Grace's View of the WM3? Past and Present?

Hey All,

I would assume that being a former prosecutor that Nancy Grace, probably at the time of the evidence collecting and the trials of the WM3, that she firmly believed they were "Guilty as Sin." In light of the new evidence, and lack of DNA at the crime scene, matching the defendants, and what is now known about Terry Hobbs, has her view changed?

I think, given someone with her strong convictions in the justice system, if there was really strong proof of their innocence, and her view has changed, she could go on Fox News, and really sway a lot of people toward believing in their innocence based on new evidence.

Did she do any reporting about the Alford Plea and their release because of it? What does she think about the case at this time?

Satch

To my knowledge, she has been strangely silent about this case since the release of the WMFree. I'm not sure how to interpret her silence. Is it shame that she was so wrong? Is it merely uncertainty because she hasn't looked at the new information available? Is she just busy with other things, believing that, since the WMFree are released, this case is no longer important? I don't know, and, unless she speaks out, I tend to believe that she is still clinging to her original belief in guilt, but, with no evidence to support it (and the release of the WMFree tending to look like the State knows that they are, in fact, innocent, despite what they say publicly), she is remaining silent on the issue so that she won't have egg on her face. However, that's just my opinion. She could come forward tomorrow and change my mind.

No clue
    Didn't watch her for a while after the Anthony fiasco as I didnt want to give my rating share to the Anthony's
    "Don't pee on my head and tell me it's raining" ~Judge Judy

Revenge is beneath me , but accidents DO happen .

Quote Originally Posted by claudicici View Post
    she's busy dancing with the stars,lol
    But not very well!

She is donating all monies she makes to Missing and exploited children so I hope she wins . She is actually putting her money and her feet where her mouth is .
    "Don't pee on my head and tell me it's raining" ~Judge Judy

Revenge is beneath me , but accidents DO happen .

yeah at least she's doing it for a good cause .

Quote Originally Posted by claudicici View Post
    she's busy dancing with the stars,lol
    Now that was funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Compassionate Reader View Post
    To my knowledge, she has been strangely silent about this case since the release of the WMFree. I'm not sure how to interpret her silence. Is it shame that she was so wrong? Is it merely uncertainty because she hasn't looked at the new information available? Is she just busy with other things, believing that, since the WMFree are released, this case is no longer important? I don't know, and, unless she speaks out, I tend to believe that she is still clinging to her original belief in guilt, but, with no evidence to support it (and the release of the WMFree tending to look like the State knows that they are, in fact, innocent, despite what they say publicly), she is remaining silent on the issue so that she won't have egg on her face. However, that's just my opinion. She could come forward tomorrow and change my mind.
    NG never goes against the grain. She may be harsh and well, like a pit bull but its always in the direction of MOST viewers' opinions and beliefs. I think in the case of the WM3, there is too much of a split between "believers and non-believers" and she wouldn't want to take the risk that some of her viewers would turn against her (not that it hasn't happened already) and her ratings would fall. Her passion as a prosecutor has turned into a cartoon TH IMO. Sadly, because I used to very much respect her.
    It's just MOO. I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time and it surely won't be the last!

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

Has Nancy ever admitted she was wrong about anything? Honest question. I know she sometimes goes in another direction but never says she was ever going a different way.

Quote Originally Posted by alsmom View Post
    Has Nancy ever admitted she was wrong about anything? Honest question. I know she sometimes goes in another direction but never says she was ever going a different way.
    She was dead wrong about Richard Ricci (Elizabeth Smart).She's not one to admit when she is wrong.I have no doubt that she probably thinks that they are guilty.That's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch View Post
    Hey All,

I would assume that being a former prosecutor that Nancy Grace, probably at the time of the evidence collecting and the trials of the WM3, that she firmly believed they were "Guilty as Sin." In light of the new evidence, and lack of DNA at the crime scene, matching the defendants, and what is now known about Terry Hobbs, has her view changed?

I think, given someone with her strong convictions in the justice system, if there was really strong proof of their innocence, and her view has changed, she could go on Fox News, and really sway a lot of people toward believing in their innocence based on new evidence.

Did she do any reporting about the Alford Plea and their release because of it? What does she think about the case at this time?

Satch
    Don't know how NG feels about the West Memphis 3, but she's not going to go on FOX News to talk about it, since she works for their rival CNN.

Quote Originally Posted by alsmom View Post
    NOT even in the death of Trenton Duckett's mom.... Not even an apology
    It's just MOO. I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time and it surely won't be the last!

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Compassionate Reader View Post
    Maybe she thinks they are guilty still and the Alfred plea hasn't changed her mind.

Quote Originally Posted by cami View Post
    Maybe she thinks they are guilty still and the Alfred plea hasn't changed her mind.
    You're probably right. It seems that the Alford Plea doesn't change people's minds about guilt or innocence, only about the stupidity of the Arkansas criminal justice system (or at least some members of it).

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast