861 users online (135 members and 726 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

TN - Lindsey Lowe charged in deaths of newborn twins, Hendersonville, 2011

Tenn. mother charged in deaths of newborn twins

HENDERSONVILLE, Tenn. (AP) A young Tennessee mother has been charged with first-degree murder in the deaths of her newborn twin boys found in her home just north of Nashville, police said Thursday.

Hendersonville police were called to the home of 25-year-old Lindsey Lowe on Wednesday to investigate the death of a newborn. They discovered the second boy was also dead.

Police have not released the cause of death for the twins, whose bodies were taken to state medical examiner's office in Nashville for autopsies. Police said Lowe is being held without bond and undergoing a medical evaluation.

http://mycenturylink.com/news/read.p...org%3E&ps=1011
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Police: Hendersonville woman admits to killing her newborn twins

HENDERSONVILLE — A young mother charged with murder has told police she hid her pregnancy, gave birth to twin sons at her family's home and killed the infants by smothering their cries so her parents wouldn't hear them.

Police in the Nashville suburb of Hendersonville arrested Lindsey Lowe, 25, on Wednesday after her father discovered one baby's body in a laundry basket.

According to a police affidavit, the mother said she didn't tell her family she was pregnant, but believes she got pregnant in January and never visited a doctor. Police said on Thursday they were trying to identify the father of the twins

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...xt%7CFRONTPAGE
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

OMG as the mother of twin boys, this kills me.. I'd love to get my hands on her.
    I hope she spends the rest of her life in prison.
    I resent her being called a "young mother" i was thinking 14,15 yrs old.
    I had 3 kids UNDER the age of 2 (newborn twins and a 20 month old ) at the age of 21.

I don't buy that she hid a twin pregnancy either, maybe they were micro preemies, i gave birth at 32 weeks and was soooo huge I could barely wipe my own behind, and could NOT even tiw my own shoes and my babies were only 3 lbs each.

UGH i finally got the courage to read t he article.. it's WORSE than i imagined.....
    she's not even claiming they were still born, they were full term and she flat out murdered them.
    I swear I will lose complete faith in our justice system forever if she get anything less than life without parole or the death penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by peeples View Post
    UGH i finally got the courage to read t he article.. it's WORSE than i imagined.....
    she's not even claiming they were still born, they were full term and she flat out murdered them.
    I swear I will lose complete faith in our justice system forever if she get anything less than life without parole or the death penalty.
    She deserves the DP for what she did to those 2 babies. I am so sick of reading about mothers killing their children.

Holy crap, she works in a PEDIATRIC dental office?

How in the heck can a woman hide TWINS from her family? I can barely believe (but know it happens) when someone says they didn't know they were pregnant until giving birth, but twins. She must have been huge. And the babies appeared to be full term based on their size.

Why kill them? Just explain to parents what happened and place them for adoption? I can't imagine she'd get into too much "trouble". Geez.

It kills me it really does. If she successfully hid her pregnancy and gave birth, she should have been able to take the babies somewhere to comply with the safe haven laws. She could have turned the babies over easily and no one would have been the wiser. And the babies could have been safe and other families would have been happy to have them.

I used to feel a little sorry for the mothers who hid the pregnancies and then killed the baby. If only because they felt they had to go to such an extent to hide their pregnancies. They would have had to have been under such a lot of emotional pressure.

But I no longer feel so sorry for them. With the safe haven laws they could so easily hide the birth and turn the babies over and no one would be the wiser. But it seems that still isn't good enough. They seem to have a compulsion to kill the babies.

What!?! I am so tired of these reports! Where do these twits come up with their rationalizations?! Hide pregnancy,kill, toss into trash at prom, laundry, here a skull there a skull everywhere a skull skull! Gah! 25 years old, living w ma an pa-my kids would rather die than to not be independant! I had 3 kids by the time I was 25, lived 5 states away from family and had no mother. For petes sake! Well all I can say is, if she hid a pregnancy of twins, murder them, hide them what else was she hiding? Wowee-my daughter would give anything to have a baby. Just insane!! All these babies killed.
    JMO, MOO, Doing my best. I am not perfect and I don't expect you to be either.

I live in Hendersonville and this makes me so mad! Those poor babies....and she works at a pediatric dental office. What the h@#(#(##$@#$%)_(#$%$ is wrong with people.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/15471724/m...-newborn-twins

What is it going to take to stop this? Who thinks to tell their their kids "hey ,if you ever get pregnant and hide the pregnancy you might feel like killing your baby. Instead you can take the baby and drop it off at a safe haven".
    There's a campaign to stop shaken baby syndrome .Maybe we need to have a campaign to stop hidden pregnancy infanticide. It's just too common and there's no need for it.
    The long list of people who want to adopt makes this so unnecessary.
    Always ,just my opinion

We never saw it coming .Please talk to your teen even if you don't think you need to !
    Far more teens commit impulsive suicide without chronic depression
    Miss U James

Its hard to believe that the mother went to work after the birth and left the dead babies covered with a towel in a laundry basket in her room! How in the world could she work and act like everything was normal. I would think she would be weak and bleeding, especially with no medical care. And to kill the babies and just leave them in her room until later......didn't even look to see what sex they were... This is just so crazy! She's in her mid-20's. Was she THAT afraid of what her parents would say or do if they found out she was pregnant? I imagine her parents would rather have heard she was pregnant than to hear that she was a baby killer. Now she won't need to worry about what to do because she is going to be locked up for a long time with plenty of time to think things over. So many people would have been thrilled to adopt those babies.

Tenn. Mom Tells Police She Smothered Newborn Twins
    By TRAVIS LOLLER Associated Press
    HENDERSONVILLE, Tenn. September 15, 2011 (AP)

"Lowe stated that the baby was crying and Lowe did not want her parents to hear and find out about the child," police wrote in the affidavit. "Lowe stated that she put her hand over the child's mouth and she stated that she kept it there until the child was dead, which was a couple of minutes." Lowe said she never checked the sex of the child.

A few minutes later, the affidavit says, she gave birth to the second child, who also fell in the toilet. She again put her hand over the baby's mouth and held it there until the baby died, which she said took less time than the first child. She put both babies in the laundry basket and covered them up with blankets.

Police said both boys appeared to be full term and weighing about 5 or 6 pounds
    A parole review date is set for July 21, 2012 for Fred Howard Coffey.

Coffey was convicted of the murder of 10 yr old Amanda Marie Ray, NC. He admitted to molesting 300 children.

Please write a letter on behalf of Amanda.

Suspect in the murders of:
    5 yr old Neely Smith, NC
    14 yr old Kathy Lynn Beatty, MD
    8 yr old Travis Shane King, VA

Possibly connected to the disappearances of:
    14 Yr old Tracy Anne King, PA
    11 yr old Sheila and 13 yr old Katherine Lyons, MD
    15 yr old Carolyn Majane, NJ

Write to:
    Chairman Charles L. Mann Sr.
    NC Post Release Supervision & Parole Commission
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540
    RE: Fred Howard Coffey, DOC# 0081135
    or send an email to parole@doc.state.nc.us
    http://justice4amanda.tripod.com/

This undated booking photo provided by the Sumner County Sheriff's Office in Gallatin, Tenn. shows 25-year-old Lindsey Lowe. Police say Lowe has been charged with first-degree murder in the death of her newborn twin boys found in her home just north of Nashville. (AP Photo/Sumner County Sheriff's Office)

Coffey was convicted of the murder of 10 yr old Amanda Marie Ray, NC. He admitted to molesting 300 children.

5 yr old Neely Smith, NC

Write to:
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540

I can't begin to say how sick I feel. Its as if she has not heart. Her two precious little boys and she didn't bother to find out what sex they were.

Tears aren't enough. I hope her parents give them names and bury them together.

RIP Precious Angels.

5 yr old Neely Smith, NC

Write to:
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540

A few more details along with pictures..... those poor little babies that so many would have love to have adopted.

http://www.wkrn.com/story/15465748/m...infants-deaths

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast