GUILTY TN - Lindsey Lowe charged in deaths of newborn twins, Hendersonville, 2011 *guilty*

mysticrose

The key to change... is to let go of fear
Reaction score
Tenn. mother charged in deaths of newborn twins

HENDERSONVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — A young Tennessee mother has been charged with first-degree murder in the deaths of her newborn twin boys found in her home just north of Nashville, police said Thursday.

Hendersonville police were called to the home of 25-year-old Lindsey Lowe on Wednesday to investigate the death of a newborn. They discovered the second boy was also dead.

Police have not released the cause of death for the twins, whose bodies were taken to state medical examiner's office in Nashville for autopsies. Police said Lowe is being held without bond and undergoing a medical evaluation.

http://mycenturylink.com/news/read.php?rip_id=<D9PP25GG0@news.ap.org>&ps=1011

Police: Hendersonville woman admits to killing her newborn twins

HENDERSONVILLE &#8212; A young mother charged with murder has told police she hid her pregnancy, gave birth to twin sons at her family's home and killed the infants by smothering their cries so her parents wouldn't hear them.

Police in the Nashville suburb of Hendersonville arrested Lindsey Lowe, 25, on Wednesday after her father discovered one baby's body in a laundry basket.

According to a police affidavit, the mother said she didn't tell her family she was pregnant, but believes she got pregnant in January and never visited a doctor. Police said on Thursday they were trying to identify the father of the twins

http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...orn-twins-?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

OMG as the mother of twin boys, this kills me.. I'd love to get my hands on her.
I hope she spends the rest of her life in prison.
I resent her being called a "young mother" i was thinking 14,15 yrs old.
I had 3 kids UNDER the age of 2 (newborn twins and a 20 month old ) at the age of 21.

I don't buy that she hid a twin pregnancy either, maybe they were micro preemies, i gave birth at 32 weeks and was soooo huge I could barely wipe my own behind, and could NOT even tiw my own shoes and my babies were only 3 lbs each.

UGH i finally got the courage to read t he article.. it's WORSE than i imagined.....
she's not even claiming they were still born, they were full term and she flat out murdered them.
I swear I will lose complete faith in our justice system forever if she get anything less than life without parole or the death penalty.

UGH i finally got the courage to read t he article.. it's WORSE than i imagined.....
she's not even claiming they were still born, they were full term and she flat out murdered them.
I swear I will lose complete faith in our justice system forever if she get anything less than life without parole or the death penalty.

She deserves the DP for what she did to those 2 babies. I am so sick of reading about mothers killing their children. :banghead:

Holy crap, she works in a PEDIATRIC dental office?

How in the heck can a woman hide TWINS from her family? I can barely believe (but know it happens) when someone says they didn't know they were pregnant until giving birth, but twins. She must have been huge. And the babies appeared to be full term based on their size.

Why kill them? Just explain to parents what happened and place them for adoption? I can't imagine she'd get into too much "trouble". Geez.

It kills me it really does. If she successfully hid her pregnancy and gave birth, she should have been able to take the babies somewhere to comply with the safe haven laws. She could have turned the babies over easily and no one would have been the wiser. And the babies could have been safe and other families would have been happy to have them.

I used to feel a little sorry for the mothers who hid the pregnancies and then killed the baby. If only because they felt they had to go to such an extent to hide their pregnancies. They would have had to have been under such a lot of emotional pressure.

But I no longer feel so sorry for them. With the safe haven laws they could so easily hide the birth and turn the babies over and no one would be the wiser. But it seems that still isn't good enough. They seem to have a compulsion to kill the babies.

What!?! I am so tired of these reports! Where do these twits come up with their rationalizations?! Hide pregnancy,kill, toss into trash at prom, laundry, here a skull there a skull everywhere a skull skull! Gah! 25 years old, living w ma an pa-my kids would rather die than to not be independant! I had 3 kids by the time I was 25, lived 5 states away from family and had no mother. For petes sake! Well all I can say is, if she hid a pregnancy of twins, murder them, hide them what else was she hiding? Wowee-my daughter would give anything to have a baby. Just insane!! All these babies killed.

What is it going to take to stop this? Who thinks to tell their their kids "hey ,if you ever get pregnant and hide the pregnancy you might feel like killing your baby. Instead you can take the baby and drop it off at a safe haven".
There's a campaign to stop shaken baby syndrome .Maybe we need to have a campaign to stop hidden pregnancy infanticide. It's just too common and there's no need for it.
The long list of people who want to adopt makes this so unnecessary.

Its hard to believe that the mother went to work after the birth and left the dead babies covered with a towel in a laundry basket in her room! How in the world could she work and act like everything was normal. I would think she would be weak and bleeding, especially with no medical care. And to kill the babies and just leave them in her room until later......didn't even look to see what sex they were... This is just so crazy! She's in her mid-20's. Was she THAT afraid of what her parents would say or do if they found out she was pregnant? I imagine her parents would rather have heard she was pregnant than to hear that she was a baby killer. Now she won't need to worry about what to do because she is going to be locked up for a long time with plenty of time to think things over. So many people would have been thrilled to adopt those babies.

Tenn. Mom Tells Police She Smothered Newborn Twins
By TRAVIS LOLLER Associated Press
HENDERSONVILLE, Tenn. September 15, 2011 (AP)

"Lowe stated that the baby was crying and Lowe did not want her parents to hear and find out about the child," police wrote in the affidavit. "Lowe stated that she put her hand over the child's mouth and she stated that she kept it there until the child was dead, which was a couple of minutes." Lowe said she never checked the sex of the child.

A few minutes later, the affidavit says, she gave birth to the second child, who also fell in the toilet. She again put her hand over the baby's mouth and held it there until the baby died, which she said took less time than the first child. She put both babies in the laundry basket and covered them up with blankets.

Police said both boys appeared to be full term and weighing about 5 or 6 pounds

d838cd1f0f4249f39309fb904a646592_mn.jpg
This undated booking photo provided by the Sumner County Sheriff's Office in Gallatin, Tenn. shows 25-year-old Lindsey Lowe. Police say Lowe has been charged with first-degree murder in the death of her newborn twin boys found in her home just north of Nashville. (AP Photo/Sumner County Sheriff's Office)

I can't begin to say how sick I feel. Its as if she has not heart. Her two precious little boys and she didn't bother to find out what sex they were.

Tears aren't enough. I hope her parents give them names and bury them together.

RIP Precious Angels.

I'm 25. I have 5 children and am fighting for custody of a 6th. This woman was not some terrified teenager that was afraid that her mommy and daddy wouldn't love her anymore. She's 25. She obviously has semi-supportive parents or she wouldn't still be living with them at the age of 25. This woman is a murderer. Plain and simple. She didn't want the responsibility of raising kids, so she killed them. I hope she fries. And I hope the media quits referring to her as a young mother. She isn't. She was a murderous mother of average age.

I'm sort of on the fence about her parents. One of the neighbors said that they suspected she was pregnant (and that makes perfect sense with her carrying around 10-12 pounds of baby), but her parents didn't notice anything? Or maybe they did and she lied very effectively about why she was gaining weight. Normally, I would say that her parents had to know, but in this case, her father did call 911 immediately after finding the baby, even though he had to know that it had come from his daughter, who obviously hadn't been being very honest with them. So, I will give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

As for how she could have gone about her day as if nothing were physically wrong, that I can understand. I'm one of those women that has to be sedated or restrained if they really want me in bed after delivery. All of my kids have wanted, loved, and cared for (not to mention born in hospitals and not smothered to death) and even I have a moment of absolute euphoria upon realizing that I can see my feet again and that my body belongs to me again. That rush may have carried her through enough to go to work and act like everything was fine.

I pity her father, the poor guy. He probably suspected that something was up, and was giving her time to bring it to them in her own way, and then discovering the baby in the basket...he had to know what she had done. That will never go away for him.

Did anyone look at her facebook photos?She looks like the all american girl with lots of friends and such.If she were a young teenager I could understand a little bit more.

I almost think she was ashamed that she got pregnant.She had the priviledge of having twins too.I just don't get it.She does not deserve to EVER have children in the future.I hope they throw the book at her *advertiser censored*.

Her parents must be so heartbroken. I know I am.

Just last week ,the girl who has been living in my house had a baby. We knew she was pregnant but she kept saying she wasnt.

I thought she was trying to put the baby up for adoption so I didnt badger her but I did ask her more then once ,we are not close so I didnt push the issue, well even in labor at the hospital she is telling the doctor there is no way she is pregnant. My 20 year old drove her was blown. The baby was 8 lbs and she stills swears she didnt know, but EVERYONE who saw her knew. So whatever. I was however watching her closely to make sure she didnt have the baby and hide it somewhere. Which is why my 20 year old ended up taking her to the hospital. I was afraid she wouldnt bond with the Baby but she has and is doing a good job. I am still watching her though,which is why she hasnt moved yet . She was supposed to 3 days after the baby was born (already planned) but I wanted to keep her close to make sure everything goes well.

I think her parents suspected it. I knew what I was seeing verses what I was being told wasnt matching up. They might have never suspected her capable of doing this and were waiting for her to confess. It is annoying having someone lie to you over and over again. I however did wonder if the girl who lives here is capable of doing that so had she came home empty handed and without the baby belly I would have flipped and called the cops. I even had people at her job watching her. I think her dad might have went looking for the same reasons I would have. Her parents might have knew and she might of knew they knew but she still wasnt confessing. I wouldnt think my daughter capable of what this girl has done either. Even if she was telling me she wasnt pregnant and I didnt believe her or even knew better.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back