1143 users online (277 members and 866 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

IL - Matthew Price, 14, dies of extreme neglect, Berwyn, 8 Sept 2011

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,2563661.story

A 14-year-old boy, severely mentally disabled, wearing only a T-shirt, lying in the backyard and not breathing.

As he was rushed to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead, police said they made a gruesome discovery inside. Four children -- ages 12 to 18 -- who had never been to school, living with more than 200 animals in a home covered by feces and infested with spiders and hundreds of hissing cockroaches that measured four to five inches.

Lydia Price, 49, charged with criminal abuse and neglect of a disabled child resulting in death, endangerment of a child, animal hoarding and cruel treatment. Price was also charged with criminal abuse and neglect of the girl with autism - being held on $100,000 bail.
    ~ krimekat ~
    Live in Peace & Peace will live in you

++++++++++++
    Forum Information & Esoterica

Lydia Price, mother of dead Berwyn teen, bonds out of jail

http://www.mysuburbanlife.com/lemont...d-with-animals

All 109 cats found on the property had to be euthanized because they all had feline leukemia and feline AIDS. Price also was hoarding dogs, exotic birds, squirrels, rats, a large raccoon, brown bats, rabbits and two kinkajous — raccoon-like animals that are found in South America. According to a Berwyn news release, some of the other animals were also euthanized “due to tumors, rabies or other potential diseases which can be transmitted to humans.”A police official, however, said the public is not in danger.
    ~ krimekat ~
    Live in Peace & Peace will live in you

++++++++++++
    Forum Information & Esoterica

I am beyond words. I can't imagine the conditions these children endured to survive. Sadly one didn't. I just don't understand.....
    Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy jewelry and lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion, Every Day Is Special.

In My Humble Opinion and I Reserve
    The Right To Change It As Often As Neccessary.

Woman convicted of animal cruelty sentenced to probation, must have mental evaluation

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...812-story.html
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

OMG, not sure how I missed this story. Probation? Is she facing any other charges? What about the dead son who she gave animal medicine to?

This story is wrong on so many levels, starting with the 4-5" hissing roaches and ending with a child's death.

Please tell me she is facing additional charges after her mental evaluation, for the death of her son and the neglect of the other children
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.