GUILTY IL - Matthew Price, 14, dies of extreme neglect, Berwyn, 8 Sept 2011

krimekat

Amazed and Baffled
Reaction score
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...overrun-with-animals-20110912,0,2563661.story

A 14-year-old boy, severely mentally disabled, wearing only a T-shirt, lying in the backyard and not breathing.

As he was rushed to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead, police said they made a gruesome discovery inside. Four children -- ages 12 to 18 -- who had never been to school, living with more than 200 animals in a home covered by feces and infested with spiders and hundreds of hissing cockroaches that measured four to five inches.

Lydia Price, 49, charged with criminal abuse and neglect of a disabled child resulting in death, endangerment of a child, animal hoarding and cruel treatment. Price was also charged with criminal abuse and neglect of the girl with autism - being held on $100,000 bail.

Lydia Price, mother of dead Berwyn teen, bonds out of jail

http://www.mysuburbanlife.com/lemon...n-boy-found-dead-at-house-filled-with-animals

All 109 cats found on the property had to be euthanized because they all had feline leukemia and feline AIDS. Price also was hoarding dogs, exotic birds, squirrels, rats, a large raccoon, brown bats, rabbits and two kinkajous — raccoon-like animals that are found in South America. According to a Berwyn news release, some of the other animals were also euthanized “due to tumors, rabies or other potential diseases which can be transmitted to humans.”A police official, however, said the public is not in danger.

I am beyond words. I can't imagine the conditions these children endured to survive. Sadly one didn't. I just don't understand.....

OMG, not sure how I missed this story. Probation? Is she facing any other charges? What about the dead son who she gave animal medicine to?

This story is wrong on so many levels, starting with the 4-5" hissing roaches and ending with a child's death.

Please tell me she is facing additional charges after her mental evaluation, for the death of her son and the neglect of the other children :please:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back