745 users online (157 members and 588 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Boy From the Woods

Wow, how fascinating. So is he an English boy?
    England's dancing days are done...

More of the same. Hate to say this but am wondering about a hoax

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr

I really don't know what to think:

....The boy told authorities that after his mother had died in a car accident about five years ago, his father had taken him to live in the forest, Maass said. The two lived in a tent, and in earthen dugouts according to his story.

"He said that he had lived for the last five years wandering around with his father," Maass said. "We don't know where."

The boy — who says he doesn't remember where the family came from — claims he followed his compass north after his father recently died following a fall in the woods, hitting Berlin after walking two weeks, Maass said.....

http://news.yahoo.com/english-speaki...123809914.html
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

English-Speaking Boy named "Ray" from German Woods

I read this story today in amazement and wondered what fellow Websleuthers thought. Didn't see a thread, so I'm opening one. Any chance he could have been kidnapped from his dad? If so, who is he? Is his mom still alive?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44547903.../#.TnNol82v1T8

This brings to mind the movie Alabama Moon.

<modsnip>.

From what I read his father died a couple of weeks ago and the mother 5 years ago in an auto accident which is when he and dad moved to the woods...
    Last edited by Salem; 09-16-2011 at 12:21 PM. Reason: threads were merged

He is now a teenager so lets say he is 12, 5 from 12 is 7 years old.

hrm

I read at a link that he is 17. <modsnip>
    Last edited by Salem; 09-16-2011 at 12:22 PM. Reason: threads merged

Quote Originally Posted by Lera213 View Post
    He is now a teenager so lets say he is 12, 5 from 12 is 7 years old.

hrm
    I took the article to mean that he moved into the woods at age 12 (five years ago -- he's 17 now).

Is it possible that he wouldn't remember his name from 5 years ago? He was around 12 when they moved into the woods. It's not like he was a toddler. He can remember his mother died but not where they lived? If they weren't hiding from someone/something there wouldn't be any reason to change their names...?? Also, the article said he followed a compass north for 2 days. How did he happen to just end up at city hall? How did he know to go to there for help or even where it was?

Shades of Kaspar Hauser.

I was looking at the missing children overseas and only one name that is even close to Ryan is listed, he would be 17 right now. The only problem is it states the father abducted him and living in Iran. All other European missing children is a bust. The one I saw look under Belgian I think or netherlands.

I am starting to wonder the reason why they didn't release his photo is maybe because the officials are not buying his story? It sure would help to have more information on this boy especially his picture!

Quote Originally Posted by Lera213 View Post
    I was looking at the missing children overseas and only one name that is even close to Ryan is listed, he would be 17 right now. The only problem is it states the father abducted him and living in Iran. All other European missing children is a bust. The one I saw look under Belgian I think or netherlands.

I am starting to wonder the reason why they didn't release his photo is maybe because the officials are not buying his story? It sure would help to have more information on this boy especially his picture!

The boy is called Ray...he says his father was named Ryan.

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    Wow, is that ever strange. And how does he know it was five years ago? How did they keep track of time while living in the woods?

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast