Boy From the Woods

:fence:

I really don't know what to think:

....The boy told authorities that after his mother had died in a car accident about five years ago, his father had taken him to live in the forest, Maass said. The two lived in a tent, and in earthen dugouts according to his story.

"He said that he had lived for the last five years wandering around with his father," Maass said. "We don't know where."

The boy — who says he doesn't remember where the family came from — claims he followed his compass north after his father recently died following a fall in the woods, hitting Berlin after walking two weeks, Maass said.....

http://news.yahoo.com/english-speaking-boy-emerges-german-woods-123809914.html

<modsnip>.

From what I read his father died a couple of weeks ago and the mother 5 years ago in an auto accident which is when he and dad moved to the woods...

He is now a teenager so lets say he is 12, 5 from 12 is 7 years old.

hrm

He is now a teenager so lets say he is 12, 5 from 12 is 7 years old.

hrm

I took the article to mean that he moved into the woods at age 12 (five years ago -- he's 17 now).

Is it possible that he wouldn't remember his name from 5 years ago? He was around 12 when they moved into the woods. It's not like he was a toddler. He can remember his mother died but not where they lived? If they weren't hiding from someone/something there wouldn't be any reason to change their names...?? Also, the article said he followed a compass north for 2 days. How did he happen to just end up at city hall? How did he know to go to there for help or even where it was?

I was looking at the missing children overseas and only one name that is even close to Ryan is listed, he would be 17 right now. The only problem is it states the father abducted him and living in Iran. All other European missing children is a bust. The one I saw look under Belgian I think or netherlands.

I am starting to wonder the reason why they didn't release his photo is maybe because the officials are not buying his story? It sure would help to have more information on this boy especially his picture!

I was looking at the missing children overseas and only one name that is even close to Ryan is listed, he would be 17 right now. The only problem is it states the father abducted him and living in Iran. All other European missing children is a bust. The one I saw look under Belgian I think or netherlands.

I am starting to wonder the reason why they didn't release his photo is maybe because the officials are not buying his story? It sure would help to have more information on this boy especially his picture!

The boy is called Ray...he says his father was named Ryan.

Wow, is that ever strange. And how does he know it was five years ago? How did they keep track of time while living in the woods?

My first thought was a parental abduction as well. Wonder if there is a way to search of moms named Doreen? Maybe she's not dead...

My thoughts exactly Hopeful one. Also the German winters are cruel and what were they eating? He is in good shape?
I am suspicious of the length of time before this was reported, the lack of a photo, I don't know, feel terrible about this but I am sceptical

Sensible link from the Guardian

From a bad translation of the site you posted Badhorsie (thanks) I got that the police will go out and try to find the dead man's father but the cops have not put this on high priority as to hire or put extra people on this case. They have time they said because the boy is healthy and taken care of now in a type of adoption agency.

They will not post his picture to the public until their investigation yields nothing. They did submit his picture to Interpol agency's. They say he is 17 years old but that is coming from the boy for if they don't know who he is how can they tell his age?

There is history that people have lived in the forest in the past. Some because hard luck no money, they want to escape, or in hiding for some reason. It is not unheard of in Germany.

Thanks Lera213, I had hoped I was posting a translated page, but yes, that was the gist of it. I hope for a good outcome, I shouldn't be so suspicious

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back