Identified! CA - Carson, BlkFem 570UFCA, 20-30, needle tracks, red jumpsuit, July'77 - N/A

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 570UFCA
http://doenetwork.org/cases/570ufca.html
NamUs UP Case 4439 https://identifyus.org/cases/4439

570UFCA.jpg

Reconstruction of Victim

Unidentified Black Female

The victim was discovered on July 8, 1977 in Carson, Los Angeles County, California
Estimated Date of Death: July 8, 1977

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 20 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'4" (163 cm); 130 lbs (59 kg)
Distinguishing Characteristics: Black hair; brown eyes. She had an old 1-inch scar on her chin.
Clothing/Jewelry: A one-piece red jump suit with red shoulder straps that were criss-crossed in the front. She was also wearing a white Gabardine waist jacket and a blue open-toed wedge with a Rafia sole on her right foot, tied around the ankle by a single white shoelace. Her left shoe was missing. She wore a 14-inch long turquoise Indian-style necklace made of beads of silver tubes on thread with a single turquoise nugget.

Case History
The victim was located at the rear of A&H Paint Company, 13124 Figueroa Street, Carson, California.

This Jane Doe's reconstruction isn't on her profile either. Strange.

Bumping, though!

I emailed Dustin Driscoll and got an image added to this girl's NamUs page as well as the girl from 1978's page :)

Jennifer Barton looks like a possibility, although she is ~2" taller and the distance is quite far. Did you submit?

I submitted it to Doe Network; they said that they had already received this submission.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Case Information

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number--
ME/C Case Number197708186
Demographics
SexFemale
Race / EthnicityBlack / African American
Possible First Name--
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last Name--
Possible Nickname--
Estimated Age GroupAdult - Pre 30
Estimated Age Range (Years)20-30
Estimated Year of Death1977
Estimated PMI--
Height5' 4"(64 inches) , Measured
Weight130 lbs, Measured
Circumstances
TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date FoundJuly 8, 1977
NamUs Case CreatedSeptember 10, 2008
ME/C QA Reviewed--
Location Found Map
Street AddressS FIGUEROALOS ANGELES, California
CountyLos Angeles County
GPS Coordinates--
Circumstances of RecoveryDECEDENT F0UND UNDER EMPTY CARD B0ARD B0X BEHIND A AND H PAINT C0MPANY 0N S0UTH FIGUER0A STREET IN L0S ANGELES,
Details of Recovery

Inventory of RemainsAll parts recovered
Condition of RemainsRecognizable face
Physical Description
Hair ColorBlack
Head Hair DescriptionBlack
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye ColorBrown
Right Eye ColorBrown
Eye DescriptionBrown
Distinctive Physical Features
Item
Description
Scar/mark
Needle ("track") marks on left arm

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Clothing
0NE PIECE JUMPSUIT, STRAPLESS JACKET
On the Body

Footwear
0NE SLIPPER
On the Body

Jewelry
2 WHITE METAL RINGS WITH BLUE ST0NE, 1 WHITE METAL NECKLACE WITH BLUE ST0NE
On the Body

Scetch of victim

She was found on South Figueroa Street in Los Angeles, appears like she was a homeless druguser.

Google Maps

570UFCA
Date of Discovery:
July 8, 1977
Location of Discovery: Carson, Los Angeles County, California
Estimated Date of Death: Recent
State of Remains: Recognizable face
Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 20-30 years old
Race: Black
Sex: Female
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 130 lbs.
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown

Distinguishing Marks/Features: Old, inch-long scar on chin. Needle/track marks on left arm, indicating drug use.

Identifiers
Dentals: Not available
Fingerprints: Available.
DNA: Available.

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: A one-piece red jump suit with red shoulder straps that were criss-crossed in the front. She was also wearing a white Gabardine waist jacket and a blue open-toed wedge with a Rafia sole on her right foot, tied around the ankle by a single white shoelace. Her left shoe was missing.
Jewelry: She wore a 14-inch long turquoise Indian-style necklace made of beads of silver tubes on thread with a single turquoise nugget. She wore two white metal rings with a blue stone on each.
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery
The decedent was located at the rear of A&H Paint Company, 13124 South Figueroa Street, Carson, California under an empty cardboard box.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Los Angeles County Coroner
Agency Contact Person: Daniel Machian
Agency Phone Number: 323-343-0512 or 323-343-0754
Agency E-Mail: dmachian(at)coroner.lacounty.gov
Agency Case Number: 1977-08186

Agency Name: Los Angeles County Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 760-415-7332
Agency E-Mail: homicideops(at)lasd.org
Agency Case Number: 77-08142-1690-014

NCIC Case Number: U610020888
NamUs Case Number: 4439

Information Source(s)
NamUs
Los Angeles County Coroner
NCMEC (archived)

Carson Jane Doe (1977)

This individual's NamUs file has recently been removed. While this implies the resolution of a case, no identification has been confirmed at this time.

As this is a Wiki page everyone can give and change information, am I right? I wonder what your opinion on this is. Could we trust it enough, in general? I very much like the fact that you can see all the recons, through the years.

BTW I wouldn't be surprised if this is indeed Jennifer Barton as suggested up thread. Jennifer Joyce Barton – The Charley Project

She met two African-American men inside the bar, and spent half an hour talking to them. One of them is described as 5'4 with a thin build, wearing a sailor's cap and a t-shirt. The other was 5'6 with a heavy build and a large Afro. Jennifer told a friend the men offered her $25 for sex.

She decided to go with them. One man left via the back door, and the other went out the front door and got into a large brown or tan van. It had a large whip antenna, teardrop-shaped side windows, a spare wheel on the back, and California license plates. The van turned the corner, and the second man got inside it.

I hope they come out with a name in the near future.

i dont have any other sketch other than the recreation above. Its possible they didnt put it on, but it would be obvious i would think.

i dont have any other sketch other than the recreation above. Its possible they didnt put it on, but it would be obvious i would think.

Yes, you are right. My bad. Also Barton's Namus file is still up, so it's not her I guess.

I suppose her death was accidental and her name was witheld from the public. I doubt she was on namus in the first place. Few black women matching her descriptions missing in the 70s are still up there. Glad if she was identified though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back