09-16-2011, 01:11 PM #1
CA - Carson, Wht/HispFem 545UFCA, 14-20, buried, long black hair, Apr'78
The Doe Network:
Case File 545UFCA http://doenetwork.org/cases/545ufca.html
NamUs UP Case 4429 https://identifyus.org/cases/4429
Computer Composite of Victim by NCMEC
Unidentified White/Hispanic Female
The victim was discovered on April 20, 1978 in Carson, Los Angeles County, California
Approximate Age: 14 - 20 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2" (157 cm); 130 lbs (59 kg).
Distinguishing Characteristics: Long, black hair; brown eyes. Her fingernails were painted pink, and her upper teeth overlapped on the right side; she had a 3-inch vertical scar on her abdomen and stretch marks, indicating that she possibly had a child.
The victim was found buried in a commercial flower field in the 19300 block of South Wilmington Avenue in Carson, California on April 20, 1978.
Two Hispanic males were seen driving away from the site where the decedent’s body was found in a 1970 dark blue Vega Hatchback.
Anyone having information about the identity of this female, or the males seen driving from the scene, is asked to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.
Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-29-2013 at 04:03 AM.
09-16-2011, 01:12 PM #2
The Daily Breeze did an article in today's edition requesting the public's help in solving this case (1978) and another Female teenaged UID found in 1977 (shown below).
Here's the link to her thread:
CA CA - Carson - BlkFem (570UFCA) about 20 - Behind A&H Paint Company - Jul'77
Both victims were found in the city of Carson.
Here are the links to the articles:
Last edited by KateB; 04-29-2015 at 08:27 AM. Reason: repair url tag.
09-16-2011, 07:18 PM #3
Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-11-2012 at 04:52 PM.
11-17-2011, 07:51 PM #4
This girl was just added NamUs a couple weeks ago.
I found her sophomore photo in the 1977 Liberty High School (Brentwood CA) Yearbook.
She fits this jane doe in some respects, maybe not in other respects:
* Age and Ethnicity are consistent.
* The Jane Doe is described as having "her upper teeth overlapped on the right side". Rebecca's photo clearly shows that her teeth fit that description.
* Her height fits spot-on.
* Timeline: July 16, 1977 (DLC) to April 20, 1978 (DOD) - 9 months.
* Distance - Brentwood CA (i.e., in Northern CA, not where OJ lived) is about 360 miles from Carson
* Stretch marks/Abdominal Scar - There is no indication that Rebecca gave birth. (Although abdominal stretch marks are caused by other things besides pregnancy). There was no mention that the UID had skeletal indications of prior pregnancy. There was enough time after her disappearance to carry a child to term, especially if she was pregnant a couple months prior to her DLC.
* Perp's vehicle - Rebecca's captor was driving a pearl-white, 1960 lowered chevy (unknown model) with mag rims, with a large dent in the tailgate door. The perp who dumped Jane Doe's body was reportedly driving a dark blue 1970 Vega hatchback.
* Overall Resemblance - Not particularly strong.
Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-11-2012 at 04:56 PM.
06-13-2016, 11:16 PM #5
I don't think Rebecca could be this Jane Doe, since the
profiles ended up having the wrong picture. Here's her Charley Project link, and a link to Charley saying why the pic was changed (two RRs in the same class -- an honest mistake when there are no other pictures of the missing person) http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...z_rebecca.html https://charleyross.wordpress.com/20...-announcement/ the old one is still on NamUs though, I wonder why they haven't changed it?
This case is very sad, though. If she really did have a child, I wonder how old they are today, and if they're thinking about their mom at all. (And the recon isn't even on that NamUs page, which is also strange. May email the case manager with a link to it so they can add it.)
By CarlK90245 in forum The UnidentifiedReplies: 6Last Post: 10-08-2016, 02:20 AM
By rainwater in forum The UnidentifiedReplies: 2Last Post: 07-31-2016, 06:21 PM
By Romulus in forum The UnidentifiedReplies: 2Last Post: 07-29-2016, 02:33 PM
By OkieGranny in forum The UnidentifiedReplies: 14Last Post: 05-30-2016, 11:39 PM
By ihadcabinfever in forum The UnidentifiedReplies: 14Last Post: 04-24-2016, 09:17 PM