Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 545UFCA
http://doenetwork.org/cases/545ufca.html
NamUs UP Case 4429 https://identifyus.org/cases/4429

545UFCA.jpg

Computer Composite of Victim by NCMEC

Unidentified White/Hispanic Female

The victim was discovered on April 20, 1978 in Carson, Los Angeles County, California

Vital Statistics

Approximate Age: 14 - 20 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2" (157 cm); 130 lbs (59 kg).
Distinguishing Characteristics: Long, black hair; brown eyes. Her fingernails were painted pink, and her upper teeth overlapped on the right side; she had a 3-inch vertical scar on her abdomen and stretch marks, indicating that she possibly had a child.

Case History
The victim was found buried in a commercial flower field in the 19300 block of South Wilmington Avenue in Carson, California on April 20, 1978.

Two Hispanic males were seen driving away from the site where the decedent’s body was found in a 1970 dark blue Vega Hatchback.

Anyone having information about the identity of this female, or the males seen driving from the scene, is asked to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.

The Daily Breeze did an article in today's edition requesting the public's help in solving this case (1978) and another Female teenaged UID found in 1977 (shown below).

570UFCA.jpg

Here's the link to her thread:

CA CA - Carson - BlkFem (570UFCA) about 20 - Behind A&H Paint Company - Jul'77

Both victims were found in the city of Carson.

Here are the links to the articles:
http://www.dailybreeze.com/crimeandcourts/ci_18903113
http://www.dailybreeze.com/crimeandcourts/ci_18903119

I am really glad that the Daily Breeze wrote about these two unidentified women. I e-mailed the Long Beach Press Telegram (which is the same company as the Daily Breeze) asking if they could write about about some of the unidentified people found in the 1970s from Long Beach. This is their website if anyone wants to e-mail them and suggest an unidentified person -- http://www.presstelegram.com/

This girl was just added NamUs a couple weeks ago.

Rebecca Rodriguez
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/12861/1

I found her sophomore photo in the 1977 Liberty High School (Brentwood CA) Yearbook.
RebeccaRodriguez.jpg
545UFCA.jpg

She fits this jane doe in some respects, maybe not in other respects:

Positives:

* Age and Ethnicity are consistent.

* The Jane Doe is described as having "her upper teeth overlapped on the right side". Rebecca's photo clearly shows that her teeth fit that description.

* Her height fits spot-on.

* Timeline: July 16, 1977 (DLC) to April 20, 1978 (DOD) - 9 months.

Negatives:

* Distance - Brentwood CA (i.e., in Northern CA, not where OJ lived) is about 360 miles from Carson

* Stretch marks/Abdominal Scar - There is no indication that Rebecca gave birth. (Although abdominal stretch marks are caused by other things besides pregnancy). There was no mention that the UID had skeletal indications of prior pregnancy. There was enough time after her disappearance to carry a child to term, especially if she was pregnant a couple months prior to her DLC.

* Perp's vehicle - Rebecca's captor was driving a pearl-white, 1960 lowered chevy (unknown model) with mag rims, with a large dent in the tailgate door. The perp who dumped Jane Doe's body was reportedly driving a dark blue 1970 Vega hatchback.

* Overall Resemblance - Not particularly strong.

I don't think Rebecca could be this Jane Doe, since the
profiles ended up having the wrong picture. Here's her Charley Project link, and a link to Charley saying why the pic was changed (two RRs in the same class -- an honest mistake when there are no other pictures of the missing person) http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/rodriguez_rebecca.html https://charleyross.wordpress.com/2016/05/09/attention-everyone-a-public-service-announcement/ the old one is still on NamUs though, I wonder why they haven't changed it?

This case is very sad, though. If she really did have a child, I wonder how old they are today, and if they're thinking about their mom at all. (And the recon isn't even on that NamUs page, which is also strange. May email the case manager with a link to it so they can add it.)

I emailed Dustin Driscoll and got an image added to this girl's NamUs page as well as the girl from 1977's page!

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
545UFCA

545UFCA - Unidentified Female
545UFCA.jpg

Reconstruction of the decedent by NCMEC.

Date of Discovery: April 20, 1978
Location of Discovery: Carson, Los Angeles County, California
Estimated Date of Death: Recent
State of Remains: Recognizable face
Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 14-20 years old
Race: Hispanic
Sex: Female
Height: 5'2"
Weight: 130 to 135 lbs.
Hair Color: Black and long.
Eye Color: Brown.
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Medium complexion. Pieced ears. Eyebrows well groomed and thin. Fingernails short and were painted pink. Vertical scar (3-inches long) and stretch marks on her abdomen indicating that she possibly had given birth.

Identifiers
Dentals: Not available. Upper teeth overlapped on the right side.
Fingerprints: Available.
DNA: Available.

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery
The decedent was found buried in a shallow grave in a commercial flower field in the 19300 block of South Wilmington Avenue in Carson. Two Hispanic males were seen driving away from the site where the body was found in a 1970 dark blue Vega Hatchback.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Los Angeles County Coroner
Agency Contact Person: Daniel Machian
Agency Phone Number: 323-343-0512 or 323-343-0754
Agency E-Mail: dmachian(at)coroner.lacounty.gov
Agency Case Number: 785116

Agency Name: Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 323-890-5500
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 078-05654-1692-011

NCIC Case Number: U770930783
NamUs Case Number: 4429
NCMEC Case Number: 1106713

Street view

Google Maps

some young ladies (all Caucasian but I did a search for Caucasian/Hispanic) from NamUs who remind me of this UID...
(also question; description in post #1 says her eyebrows were thin and well-groomed, but the facial reconstruction looks like they were trying to show eyebrows that flare and are bushy on the sides? just asking because its hard to find MPs with that natural eyebrow shape)

Barbara G. Glueckert - pros: would be the correct age, correct height, and correct weight. Has the dark hair and eyes. I think she is facially similar. cons: disappeared and appears to have been killed (known suspect wrote about how he had raped and buried a young girl) in 1976, and UID is thought to have died recently (due to her recognizable face? i cant find a PMI estimate). no mention of a prior pregnancy/C section. also lived about a 30hr drive from the UID.
barbara_glueckert_2.jpg

Julie Elizabeth Soracco - also correct height, weight, age, with dark hair (but not black) and eyes. Went missing sometime in 1977 or 1978, had a troubled life with foster care and i believe drug use?, was only reported missing 40 YEARS LATER in July 2019 (I'm guessing her family believed she had ran away...). Lived about 6 hours away in California. Also no mention of a pregnancy and I don't think she looks incredibly like the UID.
soracco_julie2.jpg
soracco_julie4.jpg

Teresa Lynn Rhodes - would be 16 in 1978, when she vanished in 1975 she was the correct height and weight with long dark hair and brown eyes. Last seen 36hr drive away in PA. No one knows if she disappeared voluntarily...she left all her belongings but apparently was involved in a 'risky lifestyle' and associated with criminal adult men. If she disappeared with one of these men voluntarily I'm guessing she could have had a baby and made her way to CA in the 3 years.
teresa_lynn_rhodes_1.jpg

Judith Anne Brown - not the best match due to being in New York (a 41 hour drive away) but correct age, is on the taller side of the correct height, and correct weight. Wrong hair and eye color. Just felt the need to add her due to her history of mental illness and then running way with a convicted murderer from a psychiatric institute (can't find if he was ever found)...
Thumbnail

Aponte is the closest facial match. How are the other statistics and circumstances?
Rhodes also looks likely.
Giannina and her brother disappeared from Puerto Rico in May 1974. The circumstances are very bizarre but could fit. She was only 11 years old at the time, 5’1”, 117 lbs. She had black hair and black eyes (? they do look darker than green). They were allegedly kidnapped for ransom and someone involved in their disappearance committed suicide in Florida a short while after they went missing. I did quite a bit of research on the case awhile back and my theory is the siblings were brought to the states and either killed early on or Giannina (or both) were involved in some sort of trafficking. Which would fit this scenario; pimped out, became pregnant, then this. Their story is a sad one. The recon of this UID immediately made me think of her. I’m not sure about the green eyes though.

ETA: where did I get green eyes from ?! :oops: Geez, disregard that. I must be losing my marbles!

Last edited:
@Caring1 hey could you post the current NamUs exclusion list for this Jane Doe?
2 Missing Person Exclusions

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP34291Sylvia Torgow
Date of Last ContactSeptember 17, 1970
StateMI
CountyWayne

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP51384Julie Soracco
Date of Last ContactAugust 01, 1977
StateCA
CountyEl Dorado

Members online