1226 users online (191 members and 1035 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Josh Powell on People Magazine's "Person of Interest" 9/29/2011

And we were wondering what he was up to!

Excerpt: "Nearly two years after his wife vanished, Josh Powell talks to People exclusively about his sons, his new life-and what he thinks happened to his wife."

Lots of pics, including his father with his runaway theory and Susan's kids.

PS It's the double issue with the Toddlers and Tiaras pic.

More quotes:

""I'm not the green-horned, purple-headed monster they're trying to portray me as," says Josh Powell..."

"Susan..."flirted with a lot of guys," her father-in-law alleges."

""My sons love their mother," says Josh..."I remind them that their mommy loves them no matter what, just as I do.""

They should give up on the flirting thing, IMO. She could have flirted with a bunch of Martians and it doesn't matter one bit when they're sifting for her bones in the desert.

Quote Originally Posted by Janeumayer View Post
    More quotes:

""I'm not the green-horned, purple-headed monster they're trying to portray me as," says Josh Powell..."
    Um, no, Josh. Nobody has portrayed you as a green-horned, purple-headed monster. But we have portrayed you as something else...something far worse...
    Justice is the constant and perpetual will to allot to every man his due. Domitus Ulpian

How come I see the convo grandpa powell has with Susan's lovely boys --

You're mommy wanted to have sex with me, but your mommy loves you no matter what.

Something needs to give here! If this is what he's saying to the public, I can only imagine what's going on behind closed door.

It makes me very very sad.

MOO

Mel

disgusting

I have to wonder how they define "flirting." Would looking at someone be flirting in their eyes? Talking to them? Smiling while they were in the room? After hearing SP's version of his connection with Susan, I really do have to wonder.

Do they expect that a woman's place is to be seen and not heard? Perhaps they believe she should have been wearing a burka, keeping her eyes lowered and speaking only to her husband. Anything else is "flirting."

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    I have to wonder how they define "flirting." Would looking at someone be flirting in their eyes? Talking to them? Smiling while they were in the room? After hearing SP's version of his connection with Susan, I really do have to wonder.

Do they expect that a woman's place is to be seen and not heard? Perhaps they believe she should have been wearing a burka, keeping her eyes lowered and speaking only to her husband. Anything else is "flirting."
    I'm pretty sure Steve considers any interaction, no matter how inconsequential, he has with an attractive woman means she is flirting with him. That's probably a dangerous thing because I imagine it can build up a lot of contempt toward women when over and over they don't react the way he thinks they should.

oh goodie! Just like Scott Peterson! look where he at

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    They should give up on the flirting thing, IMO. She could have flirted with a bunch of Martians and it doesn't matter one bit when they're sifting for her bones in the desert.
    BBM- I agree Donjeta.

SP keeps repeating this and other similar statements about Susan. I guess he doesn't understand it's simply not credible coming from him. It has the opposite effect of making him look very suspicious.

I have visions of Josh being on the hot seat and turning on him one day. Blabbing his little head off to LE that it was all Daddy's idea.
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

Ok, so let me get this straight. Josh and Steven can sit down for an 'exclusive interview' with People, but Josh can't pick up the darn phone in all these MONTHS, to ask LE if they have any leads on his wife?!

Keep talkin' Steve. You're giving all the motive in the world, for Josh to have done something bad to Susan. It can be used against him, you know.

Petty, petty, people. NOT the magazine, the persons interviewed for that article.

Your nervousness is showing!

just sayin'
    fran

Well, I certainly will not be purchasing that magazine, but I have read enough here already to have this reaction:

What bothers me is the huge pic of Josh with a stupid half grin on his face. He should have had a solemn face if he cared for Susan.

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post

JMO and I may be totally wrong, but I think alot of perceptions...and many of SP's actions in raising the children and even his "failed" marriage have a lot to do with the trauma he experienced as a child....and his upbringing. His grandparents and father may have chided and talked trash about his mother and being young...he soaked it all in...and believe it. His distrust...or later hatred for women grew from there.

He controlled JP, but for some reason...(maybe his love for his mother)...JP found Susan and wanted out of his controlled environment. Josh was also probably doing a big bit of "raising" the young children after Jen left...and taking on the new mother role. I don't think SP would have been too happy about losing JP...his control over him, etc...especially right after Jen left to retreat to her mother's. Josh ended up going back to the LDS faith...and back to his mother's per se also. Josh just couldn't break away as easily as Jen, and I think it was because he was male....he had already had some of the teachings and beliefs of his father already instilled in him.

IMO, JMO, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by tfrohning View Post
    oh goodie! Just like Scott Peterson! look where he at
    josh will end up there or be the next Batchelor or Batchelorette.

http://grandmotherscouncil.org/
    My Facebook page; I am grateful for the fact that two people who joined had colonoscopies, discovered cancer and are on the way to healing through treatment. Colonoscopies save lives! [A 3rd person has just been added. 8/7]

www.facebook.com/WaitWhereAmIGoing
    https://www.tsu.co/JacieLin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast