Josh Powell on People Magazine's "Person of Interest" 9/29/2011

Janeumayer

Reaction score
And we were wondering what he was up to!

Excerpt: "Nearly two years after his wife vanished, Josh Powell talks to People exclusively about his sons, his new life-and what he thinks happened to his wife."

Lots of pics, including his father with his runaway theory and Susan's kids.

PS It's the double issue with the Toddlers and Tiaras pic.

More quotes:

""I'm not the green-horned, purple-headed monster they're trying to portray me as," says Josh Powell..."

"Susan..."flirted with a lot of guys," her father-in-law alleges."

""My sons love their mother," says Josh..."I remind them that their mommy loves them no matter what, just as I do.""

They should give up on the flirting thing, IMO. She could have flirted with a bunch of Martians and it doesn't matter one bit when they're sifting for her bones in the desert.

More quotes:

""I'm not the green-horned, purple-headed monster they're trying to portray me as," says Josh Powell..."

Um, no, Josh. Nobody has portrayed you as a green-horned, purple-headed monster. But we have portrayed you as something else...something far worse...

How come I see the convo grandpa powell has with Susan's lovely boys --

You're mommy wanted to have sex with me, but your mommy loves you no matter what.

Something needs to give here! If this is what he's saying to the public, I can only imagine what's going on behind closed door.

It makes me very very sad.

MOO

Mel

I have to wonder how they define "flirting." Would looking at someone be flirting in their eyes? Talking to them? Smiling while they were in the room? After hearing SP's version of his connection with Susan, I really do have to wonder.

Do they expect that a woman's place is to be seen and not heard? Perhaps they believe she should have been wearing a burka, keeping her eyes lowered and speaking only to her husband. Anything else is "flirting."

I have to wonder how they define "flirting." Would looking at someone be flirting in their eyes? Talking to them? Smiling while they were in the room? After hearing SP's version of his connection with Susan, I really do have to wonder.

Do they expect that a woman's place is to be seen and not heard? Perhaps they believe she should have been wearing a burka, keeping her eyes lowered and speaking only to her husband. Anything else is "flirting."

I'm pretty sure Steve considers any interaction, no matter how inconsequential, he has with an attractive woman means she is flirting with him. That's probably a dangerous thing because I imagine it can build up a lot of contempt toward women when over and over they don't react the way he thinks they should.

oh goodie! Just like Scott Peterson! look where he at :)

They should give up on the flirting thing, IMO. She could have flirted with a bunch of Martians and it doesn't matter one bit when they're sifting for her bones in the desert.

BBM- I agree Donjeta.

SP keeps repeating this and other similar statements about Susan. I guess he doesn't understand it's simply not credible coming from him. It has the opposite effect of making him look very suspicious.

I have visions of Josh being on the hot seat and turning on him one day. Blabbing his little head off to LE that it was all Daddy's idea.

Ok, so let me get this straight. Josh and Steven can sit down for an 'exclusive interview' with People, but Josh can't pick up the darn phone in all these MONTHS, to ask LE if they have any leads on his wife?!:(

Keep talkin' Steve. You're giving all the motive in the world, for Josh to have done something bad to Susan. It can be used against him, you know.

Petty, petty, people. NOT the magazine, the persons interviewed for that article.

Your nervousness is showing!

just sayin'
fran
:seeya:

Well, I certainly will not be purchasing that magazine, but I have read enough here already to have this reaction: :sick:

What bothers me is the huge pic of Josh with a stupid half grin on his face. He should have had a solemn face if he cared for Susan.

JMO and I may be totally wrong, but I think alot of perceptions...and many of SP's actions in raising the children and even his "failed" marriage have a lot to do with the trauma he experienced as a child....and his upbringing. His grandparents and father may have chided and talked trash about his mother and being young...he soaked it all in...and believe it. His distrust...or later hatred for women grew from there.

He controlled JP, but for some reason...(maybe his love for his mother)...JP found Susan and wanted out of his controlled environment. Josh was also probably doing a big bit of "raising" the young children after Jen left...and taking on the new mother role. I don't think SP would have been too happy about losing JP...his control over him, etc...especially right after Jen left to retreat to her mother's. Josh ended up going back to the LDS faith...and back to his mother's per se also. Josh just couldn't break away as easily as Jen, and I think it was because he was male....he had already had some of the teachings and beliefs of his father already instilled in him.

IMO, JMO, etc.

and that the right people are listening
Sooner or later when people can't shut-up if they have something to hide, then they dig their own hole .

Well...there are cultures that think that looking into a man's eyes is flirting. We were raised to always be with another...never look up into the eyes until you look at the feet and make sure it is a woman. I do not believe that it is flirting myself...but my Grandfather sure did.

What bothers me is the huge pic of Josh with a stupid half grin on his face. He should have had a solemn face if he cared for Susan.

I get what you are saying, really. If it was a smirk, I agree. But a grin or a smile is not that terrible. No one can keep a solemn face forever. I realize anything he does is going to be suspicious, but it's not really fair to judge the degree of one's feelings for another by a smile or any other facial expression. JMO.
To me, he has one of those goofy countenances that even a normal expression looks contrived, like he's trying too hard.

Well...there are cultures that think that looking into a man's eyes is flirting. We were raised to always be with another...never look up into the eyes until you look at the feet and make sure it is a woman. I do not believe that it is flirting myself...but my Grandfather sure did.

I guess that might explain why you live in a big shoe closet and go by the nic, "Stilettos".

Thanks for sharing what must have been a very interesting yet restrictive upbringing. I am glad that you don't have to live that way any longer!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv
Back