rosemary

Reaction score
UPDATE (NEW INFO):

Just in case this hasn't been posted yet:

Records reveal final cell phone calls to Rebecca Zahau

Posted: Sep 17, 2011 6:18 PM
Updated: Sep 17, 2011 6:36 PM
By David Gotfredson, Field Producer - email

CORONADO, Calif. (CBS8) -- Rebecca Zahau's cell phone logs show she engaged in a series of phone conversations and traded several text messages in the hours before her hanging death at the Spreckels mansion in Coronado.

News 8 obtained two pages of AT&T billing logs from the 32-year-old's cell phone, which family members said was a newer-model phone using the Windows Phone mobile operating system.

REBECCA ZAHAU - CELL PHONE LOG

JULY 12, 2011

4:50PM

Outgoing call to Jonah Shacknai's cell 1 minute
7:09PM
Incoming call from Coronado Bay Urgent Care

1 minute
7:34PM
Outgoing call to Jonah Shacknai's cell

1 minute
7:39PM
Incoming call from Adam Shacknai's cell

1 minute
8:06PM
Outgoing call to Mary Zahau-Loehner's cell

27 minutes
8:33PM
Incoming call from Mary Zahau-Loehner's cell

3 minutes
9:25PM

1 minute
9:44PM
Incoming text from Mary Zahau-Loehner's cell

9:48PM
Outgoing text to Mary Zahau-Loehner's cell

9:48PM Outgoing text to Mary Zahau-Loehner's cell
9:52PM

9:53PM

10:41PM
Incoming text from Nina Romano's cell (ex sister-in-law)

JULY 13, 2011
12:50AM
Outgoing to Rebecca Zahau's own voice mail

2 Minutes

http://www.760kfmb.com/story/15485069/records-reveal-final-cell-phone-calls-to-rebecca-zahau

I wonder why the LE are reluctant to give back Rebecca's cell phone to her family. Don't they normally give back the victim's belongings to the family once they have finished and closed a case?

UPDATE (NEW INFO):

Just in case this hasn't been posted yet:

http://www.760kfmb.com/story/15485069/records-reveal-final-cell-phone-calls-to-rebecca-zahau

I wonder why the LE are reluctant to give back Rebecca's cell phone to her family. Don't they normally give back the victim's belongings to the family once they have finished and closed a case?

Thank you so much for posting this. First off, Rebecca and JS did not seem to communicate for a long period of time, as anytime you answer a phone call, it states 1 minute, even if it is only 20 seconds.

Not sure what time they ate dinner, or where, but when Rebecca died her stomach was empty, but according to the phone records it must have been prior to 7:30, which fits with AS reported times. If she even ate, since she only had bile in her stomach).

Why did AS call Rebecca's cell at 7:39? They had gone to dinner and he said they arrived at the mansion at 8 pm, so why a 7:39 call? This is VERY hinky to me. If he had gone to visit Max, and called at 7:30 to find Rebecca, how could they have found each other, gotten to the car and gotten all the way back to Coronado by 8?

Why did DS sister call Rebecca at 10:41? Why not call her the next day? Or talk to her when she came to bring JS something? Was it her clothing in the guest house bedroom?

I have more thoughts that I will post on after I think this through a bit.

Thank you again for posting this!!!!!:seeya:

Why did DS sister call Rebecca at 10:41? Why not call her the next day? Or talk to her when she came to bring JS something? Was it her clothing in the guest house bedroom?

Houseguest not Nina.
http://www.760kfmb.com/story/15466715/questions-linger-in-coronado-mansion-hanging-death

"We determined that that clothing was not from Rebecca," Lt. Nesbit said. "The clothing was left by a female guest who stayed in the guest house earlier, prior to the (hanging) incident."

Nesbit would not identify that female house guest, but the autopsy report said Zahau's teenage sister was also visiting from out of town and staying at the Coronado home in the days before the hanging.

Not popular view. Suicide view. Maybe the fact the family wanted more answers threw RZ into a tizzy.

Houseguest not Nina.
http://www.760kfmb.com/story/15466715/questions-linger-in-coronado-mansion-hanging-death

"We determined that that clothing was not from Rebecca," Lt. Nesbit said. "The clothing was left by a female guest who stayed in the guest house earlier, prior to the (hanging) incident."

Nesbit would not identify that female house guest, but the autopsy report said Zahau's teenage sister was also visiting from out of town and staying at the Coronado home in the days before the hanging.

Not popular view. Suicide view. Maybe the fact the family wanted more answers threw RZ into a tizzy.

DS sister had flown in prior to that night also and may have been staying at the guest house. They have not said who was staying there.

Houseguest not Nina.

snipped from the article that Rosemary pasted above:

Contacted by News 8, Romano said she sent the text message to ask if she could come by the mansion.

Family members said Rebecca had picked up Romano at the airport on Monday afternoon, several hours after Max Shacknai's fall down the stairs.

"I just wanted to talk to her about the accident," Romano said. "And so I sent her a text message that said, ‘Hey are you around? I'd like to come by,' and I never heard from her. She never responded to me."

Romano recalled sending the text earlier in the evening, though, and questioned the 10:41 p.m. time stamp on the AT&T call log.

Maybe she stayed there part of the time and stayed with DS at the hospital and RMcDH part of the time. It sounds logical, since Rebecca picked her up at the airport.

snipped from the article that Rosemary pasted above:

Contacted by News 8, Romano said she sent the text message to ask if she could come by the mansion.

Family members said Rebecca had picked up Romano at the airport on Monday afternoon, several hours after Max Shacknai's fall down the stairs.

"I just wanted to talk to her about the accident," Romano said. "And so I sent her a text message that said, ‘Hey are you around? I'd like to come by,' and I never heard from her. She never responded to me."

Romano recalled sending the text earlier in the evening, though, and questioned the 10:41 p.m. time stamp on the AT&T call log.

Maybe she stayed there part of the time and stayed with DS at the hospital and RMcDH part of the time. It sounds logical, since Rebecca picked her up at the airport.

If she is also staying at the house why is she calling RZ to ask her if she can come by to talk. It doesn't sound like she's staying there. And when she says "come by", does that mean she has her own car or does RZ have to pick her up?

If she is also staying at the house why is she calling RZ to ask her if she can come by to talk. It doesn't sound like she's staying there. And when she says "come by", does that mean she has her own car or does RZ have to pick her up?

I wish I could answer your questions as I am throwing things out there to see if anything will stick. Maybe she stayed in the guest house Monday and then DS got a room at RMcDH, so she began staying there with DS? I know that there are not always rooms available right away.

Maybe she was using DS car, or one that JS had? Can't answer any of those questions, other than to say that LE stated that XZ visted her sister, but didn't say they were her clothes either.

Thank you so much for posting this. First off, Rebecca and JS did not seem to communicate for a long period of time, as anytime you answer a phone call, it states 1 minute, even if it is only 20 seconds.

Not sure what time they ate dinner, or where, but when Rebecca died her stomach was empty, but according to the phone records it must have been prior to 7:30, which fits with AS reported times. If she even ate, since she only had bile in her stomach).

Why did AS call Rebecca's cell at 7:39? They had gone to dinner and he said they arrived at the mansion at 8 pm, so why a 7:39 call? This is VERY hinky to me. If he had gone to visit Max, and called at 7:30 to find Rebecca, how could they have found each other, gotten to the car and gotten all the way back to Coronado by 8?

I have more thoughts that I will post on after I think this through a bit.

Thank you again for posting this!!!!!:seeya:

No worries Sunnie. I'm glad we're actually getting more and more info released now. Hopefully this can lead to some new insight and create better understanding of this whole puzzling case. I look forward to reading yours and everyone else's very informative posts here. :great:

No worries Sunnie. I'm glad we're actually getting more and more info released now. Hopefully this can lead to some new insight and create better understanding of this whole puzzling case. I look forward to reading yours and everyone else's very informative posts here. :great:

That is how I think the case will finally be re-opened. If enough posters, on enough sites, make enough noise, like posting and the radio show that Tricia has lined up, eventually it will have to be addressed, simply because it refuses to go away!! I have my fingers crossed, that it will be sooner, rather than later!!:seeya: And thanks, one more time!!

Houseguest not Nina.

That's a possibility. If she had felt that she was being unfairly blamed by everyone in the family for causing Max's death, that could explain why she would kill herself in such an angry and violent way. That could also explain why she wrote that message about 'saving him' rather than writing an apology or confession of any guilt in her part.

Or it could be that Rebecca was tired and was going to get ready for bed like she told her sister. Perhaps she was in the shower when the text came from DS sister and she never even bothered to read it.

It could be one way, or the other. Since I happen to feel that Rebecca did not end her own life, I hardly feel that a text, containing what DS sister said it does, would drive Rebecca to commit suicide. Especially since we do not know if she even read it.

I think that if Rebecca had been feeling angry or stressed because she felt like she was being blamed by everyone in Jonah's family, she would have spilled some of it to her sister. Rebecca was close to her family, so I don't see why she wouldn't have opened up to them about what was actually going on at that time. I also don't think she would have ended it all without giving her family a proper goodbye letter or at least an explanation.

I think that if Rebecca had been feeling angry or stressed because she felt like she was being blamed by everyone in Jonah's family, she would have spilled some of it to her sister. Rebecca was close to her family, so I don't see why she wouldn't have opened up to them about what was actually going on at that time. I also don't think she would have ended it all without giving her family a proper goodbye letter or at least an explanation.

I agree with you in the fact that I feel her sister would have had at least a hint that something was wrong. They talked and then texted for awhile. It wasn't a one or two minute conversation!

I wish I could answer your questions as I am throwing things out there to see if anything will stick. Maybe she stayed in the guest house Monday and then DS got a room at RMcDH, so she began staying there with DS? I know that there are not always rooms available right away.

Maybe she was using DS car, or one that JS had? Can't answer any of those questions, other than to say that LE stated that XZ visted her sister, but didn't say they were her clothes either.

While she was in town, Romano said she stayed at her sister Dina's house, which is also in Coronado.

Quote:
JULY 12, 2011[/B]

1 minute

1 minute

1 minute

27 minutes

3 minutes

1 minute

10:41PM [Incoming text from Nina Romano's cell (ex sister-in-law)[

JULY 13, 2011

2 Minutes
Thx for list of calls/texts.

So, a flurry of calls.
----Why is JS 1230 call not listed as incoming call- why left off? Seems like that is the most important one, as LE says it caused RN to commit suicide.
--- I figure RN picked AS up at airport. They went to hospital to pick up JS for dinner. Went to dinner -where? Then, AS and JS went to ICU. RN not allowed. RN called JS -who did not answere. Rather, AS called back to say pick me up front of hospital, then they drove home. Then, according to him - He last saw her at 8PM. So, they did not bother to chat, but went their own ways at the mansion. I suppose it was 10PM TN time, and as a tugboat man, he was used to early to bed, early to rise and crashe (or something...)
--- If JS says he made that last call, did he call AS with the bad news too? Did DS call her twin at that time?
----Also important to remember the state of mind of all family members involved at this time
....it is quite possible they all thought the false positive Benzo tox study was true and RN had done something bad to MS.

Very interesting news about DS having a twin. Are they identicle or can one tell the difference? Do they ever trade off and act like the other twin?
---- The late night call from twin is suspect. I sure hope LE looked into her alibi. Why would you call RN that late and ask to come over and "discuss things"? Where did she stay? Does she get along well with AS? Doutbtful RN really picked up twin at airport - hard to believe since DS and RN did not get along. If she did, then they would have had the discussion during the ride. So, why chat again...

Whose female clothes were at guesthouse? What was in the drinking glass at the bedside. Why did AS not unpack or pack up so quick if suitcase belonged to him.

So, a flurry of calls.

You know, you couldn't even make these things up. So, the ex has a twin.....

IF the twin sister stayed at DS home, then she was right next to Shacknai mansion. As, DS home is just a block away. You have to wonder if she decided to just drive straight to the mansion, if RN did not answerer. I would like to take an alibi.

The call log has my mind going in quite a few directions also. Why didn't Nina just stay with Dina at RMcDH? Why didn't Adam just stay with Jonah??

Maybe Nina and Rebecca got along a lot better than Rebecca and Dina. There were not the same ex wife/girlfriend emotions involved.

Reminds me of an old tv show.

Quote:
JULY 12, 2011[/B]

1 minute

1 minute

1 minute

27 minutes

3 minutes

1 minute

10:41PM [Incoming text from Nina Romano's cell (ex sister-in-law)[

JULY 13, 2011

2 Minutes
Thx for list of calls/texts.

So, a flurry of calls.
----Why is JS 1230 call not listed as incoming call- why left off? Seems like that is the most important one, as LE says it caused RN to commit suicide.
--- I figure RN picked AS up at airport. They went to hospital to pick up JS for dinner. Went to dinner -where? Then, AS and JS went to ICU. RN not allowed. RN called JS -who did not answere. Rather, AS called back to say pick me up front of hospital, then they drove home. Then, according to him - He last saw her at 8PM. So, they did not bother to chat, but went their own ways at the mansion. I suppose it was 10PM TN time, and as a tugboat man, he was used to early to bed, early to rise and crashe (or something...)
--- If JS says he made that last call, did he call AS with the bad news too? Did DS call her twin at that time?
----Also important to remember the state of mind of all family members involved at this time
....it is quite possible they all thought the false positive Benzo tox study was true and RN had done something bad to MS.

Very interesting news about DS having a twin. Are they identicle or can one tell the difference? Do they ever trade off and act like the other twin?
---- The late night call from twin is suspect. I sure hope LE looked into her alibi. Why would you call RN that late and ask to come over and "discuss things"? Where did she stay? Does she get along well with AS? Doutbtful RN really picked up twin at airport - hard to believe since DS and RN did not get along. If she did, then they would have had the discussion during the ride. So, why chat again...

Whose female clothes were at guesthouse? What was in the drinking glass at the bedside. Why did AS not unpack or pack up so quick if suitcase belonged to him.

So, a flurry of calls.

The article explains why JS's message went to voice mail:

Zahau's cell phone records did not log any incoming voice message from Jonah Shacknai on the evening of July 12.

AT&T spokesperson Georgia Taylor explained why some incoming calls may not be included in the billing log.

"When someone calls you and you do not pick it up, or the call was not received, it goes straight to voicemail," Taylor said. "It is not logged on your bill per se. If you're not answering it or if your phone's turned off, it's not going to register."

Also, I'll bet the police have the actual voicemail message, even though it was deleted. It's not impossible to get a deleted message, even though the Zahau family lawyer claims otherwise.

Officials said the voicemail was the trigger that led Zahau to hang herself off the courtyard balcony of the historic mansion, owned by her boyfriend, pharmaceuticals tycoon Jonah Shacknai, 54.

Two days earlier, Jonah Shacknai's 6-year-old son, Max, had suffered grave injuries from a fall off the stairs while under Zahau's care.

"We know from the investigation that (voicemail) message that was left on her phone was to inform Rebecca of Maxie's grave condition and imminent death," said San Diego County Sheriff's Sgt. Dave Nemeth at a news conference earlier this month.

Looks like police had to take JS's word that the phone message to voice mail took place, what was in it, and when it was made. There is no log of the message and it was supposedly erased.
Another interesting detail is that DS sister came to town and according to her she wanted to talk with RN about Max's accident. 10: 41 pm is kind of late to be wanting to come over and talk, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361