931 users online (158 members and 773 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Will the Rebecca Zahau case be reopened?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

17 26.15%
  • Yes, if they get a new lead.

24 36.92%
  • Yes, if a new witness comes forward.

4 6.15%
  • I don't see any reason for the case to be reopened.

4 6.15%
  • I don't know.

16 24.62%

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Will the Rebecca Zahau case be reopened?

Will the Rebecca Zahau case be reopened? Thank you for voting. Feel free to comment.

You can choose to be bitter or better when handling your problems.

My posts are just my opinion and for entertainment purposes only.
    Do not copy any of my post. All post are to remain here.

Christopher McCandless (aka Alexander Supertramp)
    2/12/1968 -8/1992 RIP you are missed.

http://www.bringkyronhome.org/
    If you have information about Kyron Horman, please call the Tip Line at 503-261-2847 or dial 911

I think they're holding onto Rebecca's things just in case someone comes forward with new info.

I also think it's a good idea that the family is doing a separate investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by CDS22 View Post
    I think they're holding onto Rebecca's things just in case someone comes forward with new info.

I also think it's a good idea that the family is doing a separate investigation.
    Considering LE closed the case and said it was an iron-clad suicide, I find the idea that they are keeping her things in case somebody comes forward rather far fetched.
    Just my opinion

I voted I don't know. Do they need to reopen the case? I don't know that, either, but they (San Diego Sheriff, Coronado Police, CA DOJ and the Medical Examiner's office, IMO) certainly need to explain the discrepancies that have been noted here and elsewhere, if we, the public, are to have any faith at all in their conclusions, and by extension, their competence to "protect and serve" the rest of us.
    If you're lucky enough to be at the beach, you're lucky enough.

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    I voted I don't know. Do they need to reopen the case? I don't know that, either, but they (San Diego Sheriff, Coronado Police, CA DOJ and the Medical Examiner's office, IMO) certainly need to explain the discrepancies that have been noted here and elsewhere, if we, the public, are to have any faith at all in their conclusions, and by extension, their competence to "protect and serve" the rest of us.
    I wonder whether that's the top priority for them in this case. Closing the case and keeping it closed does. It seems that LE will somehow have to be dragged into court in order to get any more "performance" out of them. I'd like to see Sheriff Bill under oath and providing some answers, especially on the thoroughness of their "ironclad" investigation. Even if their theory is right, I'm thinking the forensics were sloppy and incomplete. There's no "sunlight" on this case tho, and LE seems to want it that way.

I honestly feel this one will show us that big time lawyers, money and prestige, can only be fought with the same likeness on the opposite side.

In other words, it depends how many lawyers, medical personnel and big names, fight for Rebecca's cause.

In the meantime, Rebecca's siblings and parents have questions that remain unanswered.

"This Time We Get It Right!"
    If you can read this, thank a teacher, if it's in English, thank a soldier!
    If I forget to mention it. Everything I post is my opinion, right or wrong, good or bad.
    If you have questions about Rebecca Zahaus death, please watch this:http://websleuths.com/forums/showpos...00&postcount=1

I hope it won't take either a new witness, nor a new lead but rather another agency that is responsible for oversight in some capacity (whether state or federal) in response to Rebecca's family's concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by elfie View Post
    I hope it won't take either a new witness, nor a new lead but rather another agency that is responsible for oversight in some capacity (whether state or federal) in response to Rebecca's family's concerns.
    I didn't even think about that when I put the poll together, elfie. That could have been another choice for the poll.

You can choose to be bitter or better when handling your problems.

My posts are just my opinion and for entertainment purposes only.
    Do not copy any of my post. All post are to remain here.

Christopher McCandless (aka Alexander Supertramp)
    2/12/1968 -8/1992 RIP you are missed.

http://www.bringkyronhome.org/
    If you have information about Kyron Horman, please call the Tip Line at 503-261-2847 or dial 911

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    I agree with everything you said. If it wasn't for this board I would have never known about the discrepancies. I believe it was a suicide, but their explanation was downright insulting. Like, "it's suicide cause we said so" insulting.

This case really bothers me, and it has from day one. Too much $$, too much power, too much pressure from high places. Shame on all the people involved in this disgusting cover-up. We need Mark Fuhrman down there with Dominick Dunne guiding him from above. All stones would be uncovered, this case would be solved and a lot of heads would roll. Come on Mark, WE NEED YOU!

Prayers for Rebecca and her family.

While I understand reasons why JS wants this to go away, so far his efforts have not been successful. I don't think he factored in Zahau family to put up such resistance.

It may be in his best interests to join with Zahaus and assist with a private investigation. Since there are so many unanswered questions, there will be whispering for years to come if left as is within his social circle, work, media and people like us. By resisting he is casting doubt on him and others involved with this. This alone is what makes me question suicide.

No PR firm can silence us WSers! :-)

What bothers me is that was Jonah so quick to accept the suicide explanation. Might he not have considered someone hated him and took advantage of the situation? The investigation did not take long and he seemed to just accept that she killed herself in this manner. How do you really accept that? Especially given that he's forced to accept a tragic accident involving his son, and now an incredible suicide? Seems to me he would fight that and want to blame someone.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    What bothers me is that was Jonah so quick to accept the suicide explanation. Might he not have considered someone hated him and took advantage of the situation? The investigation did not take long and he seemed to just accept that she killed herself in this manner. How do you really accept that? Especially given that he's forced to accept a tragic accident involving his son, and now an incredible suicide? Seems to me he would fight that and want to blame someone.
    How do we know what he was quick to accept? If you read RZ's sister's statement, she contradicts herself. First she says he told her husband it was suicide, then she says he told her he didn't know what happened.

For all we know, JS has his own private investigation going, and he's keeping it secret because it's more effective that way. Or perhaps he had his own investigation going from day one and is satisfied with what his private team has found.

People kill themselves all the time and often family members are totally unprepared for it.

How do we know what he was quick to accept? If you read RZ's sister's statement, she contradicts herself. First she says he told her husband it was suicide, then she says he told her he didn't know what happened.

For all we know, JS has his own private investigation going, and he's keeping it secret because it's more effective that way. Or perhaps he had his own investigation going from day one and is satisfied with what his private team has found.

People kill themselves all the time and often family members are totally unprepared for it.
    I'll bet you 50 bucks he doesn't have any such thing going on. If he was at all suspicious he'd be backing her family and Ann and helping them pay for it - as it's been highly broadcast that they don't have the financial means for this type of thing. It looks and quacks like a duck so I don't really need to speculate quite that much to make sense of things.

There were over 300 suicides in San Diego County last year and how many made the news. Only ones they usually make the news are suicide-murder or if a person first goes missing, then later found to be a suicide, or as in this case, unusual.

Here's an odd one where the family did not believe it was a suicide.

http://articles.sfgate.com/2008-03-2...trunk-sleeping

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast