883 users online (188 members and 695 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Do you think essential evidence has been lost?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

7 12.28%
  • Yes

23 40.35%
  • I don't think a thorough investigation was completed.

24 42.11%
  • I don't know.

3 5.26%

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Poll! Do you think essential evidence has been lost?

Do you think essential evidence has been lost? This is only for people's opinion and thoughts. Feel free to comment. Thank you for voting.

You can choose to be bitter or better when handling your problems.

Ø My posts are just my opinion and for entertainment purposes only.
    Do not copy any of my post. All post are to remain here.

Christopher McCandless (aka Alexander Supertramp)
    2/12/1968 -8/1992 RIP you are missed.

http://www.bringkyronhome.org/
    If you have information about Kyron Horman, please call the Tip Line at 503-261-2847 or dial 911

Hard to vote on this one, as with no search warrants, we have no idea if a thorough investigation was undertaken in the first place.

"This Time We Get It Right!"
    If you can read this, thank a teacher, if it's in English, thank a soldier!
    If I forget to mention it. Everything I post is my opinion, right or wrong, good or bad.
    If you have questions about Rebecca Zahaus death, please watch this:http://websleuths.com/forums/showpos...00&postcount=1

Angry

Not only do I believe essential evidence was lost, I believe it was intentionally lost.

In my opinion, potential items of evidence were never collected to begin with, nor were potential sources of evidence thoroughly examined, based on my viewings of the official investigative findings that were released on Sept. 2 during the press conference, and based on multiple readings of the autopsy report, as well as statements made to the media by investigators.

MOO
    To understand the soul of a horse is the closest we humans can come to knowing perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
    Hard to vote on this one, as with no search warrants, we have no idea if a thorough investigation was undertaken in the first place.
    I agree, Sunnie. Unless the public is given access to the search warrant affidavit(s) and/or the search warrant(s), as well as any item(s) seized, there's no way to know exactly what the investigators were looking for (or what the investigation may have been focused on), or what was removed as potential evidence.

IIRC, news media reported early on that a roll of carpet & perhaps a mirror or some sort of large framed picture were removed from the residence, but we've never heard anything more about these items.

One thing is certain - the white wicker chair that was overturned in the crime scene bedroom was not marked as an item of evidence, according to the official PC on Sept. 2. How odd is that??? To enter a crime scene, to see an overturned chair, and to not mark it as potential evidence???

I guess the "breeze" blew it over.
    To understand the soul of a horse is the closest we humans can come to knowing perfection.

I for one, want to hear both 911 calls! Why haven't they been released?
    Isn't that public info?
    Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by sorrell skye View Post
    I agree, Sunnie. Unless the public is given access to the search warrant affidavit(s) and/or the search warrant(s), as well as any item(s) seized, there's no way to know exactly what the investigators were looking for (or what the investigation may have been focused on), or what was removed as potential evidence.

IIRC, news media reported early on that a roll of carpet & perhaps a mirror or some sort of large framed picture were removed from the residence, but we've never heard anything more about these items.

One thing is certain - the white wicker chair that was overturned in the crime scene bedroom was not marked as an item of evidence, according to the official PC on Sept. 2. How odd is that??? To enter a crime scene, to see an overturned chair, and to not mark it as potential evidence???

I guess the "breeze" blew it over.
    Hey. If breeze can close the door that opens on the inside, I fail to see why it could not overturn a chair. To close the door, that must have been some powerful breeze!
    Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    Hey. If breeze can close the door that opens on the inside, I fail to see why it could not overturn a chair. To close the door, that must have been some powerful breeze!
    I hate using personal anecdotes, but I have a bedroom door that opens on the inside, and it often gets closed from a breeze through the windows. Very common. You see it happen in movies. There are three windows in that room, two on the side and one on the wall oposite the doors.

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    Jenny - you crack me up!

Where I live, the wind always opens my doors when it gusts into the room. I always say "Hello" just in case it's a long-gone relative come to pay a visit - I don't want to be inhospitable, after all.

Do you think if I lay my chairs on their sides, the wind might set them upright?

Heck - maybe the wind will make my beds, too!

Jenny - you crack me up!

Where I live, the wind always opens my doors when it gusts into the room. I always say "Hello" just in case it's a long-gone relative come to pay a visit - I don't want to be inhospitable, ya know.

Do you think if I lay my chairs on their sides, the wind might set them upright?

Heck - maybe the wind will make my beds, too!
    I don't know what's so strange about the wind closing doors. People have gotten locked out of their houses when the wind closed a door.

Quote Originally Posted by SophieRose View Post
    I don't know what's so strange about the wind closing doors. People have gotten locked out of their houses when the wind closed a door.
    Well one of the doors was bolted in the floor. How would the breeze close or open that one?
    Just my opinion

I hate using personal anecdotes, but I have a bedroom door that opens on the inside, and it often gets closed from a breeze through the windows. Very common. You see it happen in movies. There are three windows in that room, two on the side and one on the wall oposite the doors.
    When looking @ the floor plan (and photos) of the house, there are actually 2 windows on the side, and the other window (that overlooks the courtyard to the left of the balcony doors) is in the hallway leading to the bedroom (based on the dimensions of the room).

http://www.trulia.com/property/photo...A-92118#item-1

I voted I don't know.

Great poll, I hope that more people respond, because I know that there are super sleuthers here that know much, much more about this case than I do, and there are and proably always be so many unanswered questions about how Rebecca died. My heart goes out to her family, it's such a horrible tragedy.

When looking @ the floor plan (and photos) of the house, there are actually 2 windows on the side, and the other window (that overlooks the courtyard to the left of the balcony doors) is in the hallway leading to the bedroom (based on the dimensions of the room).

http://www.trulia.com/property/photo...A-92118#item-1
    And there is a window on the other side facing the doors.

Sophie - I agree that it's entirely possible that a breeze may have blown through one of the side windows & closed the left balcony door.

What I find completely unacceptable is that it was offered as an excuse by Lt. Nesbit in a media telephone interview with News 8 as to why the left balcony door may have been closed during the photographing of a crime scene, especially since the door had been open prior to the photo being taken.

As I stated in another post on another thread, if I was a CSI, I would be embarrassed & ashamed to offer that as an answer to questions regarding why my crime scene photo of a door did not depict that door in its original, unaltered position upon entering that crime scene.

If I was a CSI, and a breeze blew the door shut before I had photographed it, I would have reopened that door before taking the photo.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast