Are they the wrong person for you?

Dark Knight

Reaction score
Women aren’t the only ones who can make the “biggest mistake of their lives” by marrying the wrong person. That’s the message male readers have been sending authors Jennifer Gauvain and Anne Milford since the publication of their book, How Not to Marry the Wrong Guy: Is He “the One” or Should You Run?, which was born out of Milford’s personal experience with canceling her own wedding and Gauvain’s years of experience as a social worker and therapist working with couples and families.

http://yahoo.match.com/y/article.aspx?articleid=12130&TrackingID=526103&BannerID=855932

Just spent a lot of time typing in a response, only to have it disappear into the clouds! I will try one more time.....

I am no longer Catholic, but I remember when hubby was my dear fiance, and we were forced to have marital counseling by a parish priest so that we could be married in the Church......I was 100% convinced that a celibate priest could not have anything to teach me! And sweet, dear fiance went along with the counseling just because it was a hoop he had to jump through to get me to the altar.....turns out, it was the best thing that could have happened to us.

We were forced to really think about our expectations from life. Did we expect to have children? How many? What philosophy would we use to raise those children? Did we expect me (wifey!) to work? Or be a stay at home mom and homemaker? Did we want to live in the country or the city?

So many things we had never even thought of!

Thank you DK! I have been out of the dating game over 30 years and dont even wanna go there yet! The article was most informative and could have saved me so much grief! Hahaha, that 20/20 hindsight got me again! I have faith that if its meant to be for me it will but I kinda dont miss all the laundry, head games or cooking deer meat! I did decide to do what I needed to do for myself and get it together. This article will def be bookmarked! Thanks again!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back