AL AL - Shanna McKee Peoples, 19, mentally challenged, Geneva, 8 Sept 2011

Why isn't this getting more coverage? Where is Nancy Grace and Jane Valez Mitchell? Too busy with the upcoming Michael Jackson trial? There has hardly been any coverage on this missing person. It is heartbreaking to read the posts from Shanna's mother on her FB page. IMO all missing persons should get the same news coverage.

ShannaPeoples19AtRiskMissing-GenevaCountyAlabama.jpg

DESPERATE SEARCH FOR MISSING AND ENDANGERED SHANNA PEOPLES

Geneva, Al. 19 year-old Shanna Peoples was walking near her home, on N. Morris St in Geneva, Alabama on September 8, 2011 when she disappeared. “It's like she literally vanished,” said Wendy McKee, Shanna's mother.

Despite extensive, well coordinated searches by law enforcement and area search and rescue units, Shanna remains missing. Shanna’s father reached out to the KlaasKIDS Foundation to organize a community volunteer search.

Brad Dennis, National Search Director for the KlaasKIDS Foundation said they will be holding a press conference at 4:30pm Thursday, October 6th at the First Baptist Church gymnasium located at 309 South Commerce Street in Geneva, Alabama.

Community members are encouraged to volunteer in our mission to “Bring Shanna Home.” Individuals who would like to participate in the search for Shanna should check in at the First Baptist Church gymnasium between the hours of 8 am and 4:30 pm on Friday, October 7 or Saturday, October 8th.

Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older and bring their drivers license. “Dress appropriately for the weather, wear long pants and sturdy, covered toe shoes. We need people who can do foot searches as well as individuals who are willing to work in the search center” explained Dennis.

For more information about the search or information on how you can volunteer please call the KlaasKIDS toll free number 855-733-5567 / (855) SEEK LOST or visit our Facebook page at

Persons with information regarding Shanna’s disappearance are encouraged to contact the Geneva Police Department at (334) 684-2777. A candlelight vigil will be held at the First Baptist Church in Geneva on Friday, October 7th at 6:30pm.

The KlaasKIDS Foundation has been assisting families of missing children since 1994 following the abduction and murder of Polly Klaas from Petaluma, Ca. The foundation is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization determined to stop crimes against children. Please visit www.klaaskids.org for more information.

I'm glad I saw this on the main page - why hasn't MSM picked this up??

Thank You for referencing Shanna on the WS Home Page.

This is so sad and heartbreaking ! I have tears in my eyes reading about Shanna, whose been missing for almost a month now. I have experience doing volunteer work with adults who are mentally challenged and adults with special needs.

I just read the "Missing Poster" which says Shanna needs medication and has a slight speech impediment.

I am so glad Klaas Kids has been called in to help search ! Do they need any food or pizza donations for the searchers this weekend ?

Prayers for Shanna and that she is found SOON !

Why isn't this getting more coverage? Where is Nancy Grace and Jane Valez Mitchell? Too busy with the upcoming Michael Jackson trial? There has hardly been any coverage on this missing person. It is heartbreaking to read the posts from Shanna's mother on her FB page. IMO all missing persons should get the same news coverage.

BBM: I totally agree ... there should be more coverage for Shanna ! I was reading in one of posted articles here that she needs DAILY medication and has not had it since Sept 8.

I just checked HLN - JVM on now -- and still covering the CM Trial ... Also, I just did a "google" search and it looks like what I found is already posted here ...

I will be checking for updates on Shanna ... and I hope they find her SOON !

Prayers for Shanna and Family ...

WOW...Thanks Tricia for putting this on the first page. Like many others, this is the first I've heard about her. How sad...going to read over the articles.

People think because it's a teenager/ young adult that they either ran away or a boyfriend is hiding them. It's very hard to get people to look for more than a couple of weeks for a missing young adult. I have been very frustrated for years about the treatment of missing young adults. The families usually find themselves alone and broke trying to find their child. I'm hoping with technology things will change. Her picture should be everywhere.

Just let us know what is needed from us "long distance folks" .

Just shout out!

~Summer_Breeze

Yes, please let us know.

I am about 5 1/2 hours away ... not too close, but not too far.

I wish I could go help search but unfortunately, I am unable to do so tomorrow and Saturday.

This case is very upsetting to me because of Shanna's needs ... I sure hope they find her soon !

Will be checking in again tomorrow for an update.

Thanks for this update.

snippets from above link :

"Search and rescue teams that are coming in here from the region are bringing in horses and ATV's. But we are also going to be deploying k-9’s as well as ground searchers." Klaas Kids National Search Director Brad Dennis said.

“Were asking all hunter farmers that are out in their fields, farmers that are our in their crops, planting food plots and stuff, to look over their property as well also.” Geneva Police Lieutenant Ricky Morgan said.

I am really glad to hear that Klaas Kids is helping out !

Praying that Shanna is found SOON !

FWIW, do we have a thread in the discussion/sleuthing area? If not, this is why this case has been overlooked.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back