1329 users online (226 members and 1103 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

PA - Ranee Gregor, 15, Robinson Township, 21 Oct 1977

RANEE GREGOR
    DOB: Oct 30, 1961
    Missing: Oct 21, 1977
    Age at time: 15
    Age Now: 42
    Sex: Female
    Race: White
    Hair: Blonde
    Eyes: Green
    Height: 5'5" (165 cm)
    Weight: 120 lbs (54 kg)
    Missing From: ROBINSON TOWNSHIP, PA, United States
    Endangered Missing

On the evening of October 21, 1977 Ranee and her boyfriend left her residence to go get something to eat. They were last seen around 10 p.m. at a gas station. The next morning Ranee's boyfriend was found murdered in his vehicle and Ranee was discovered missing. She has not been seen or heard from since. She has a scar on her right cheek.

Robinson Township Police Department (Pennsylvania) 1-412-788-8111

Link
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US

Lightbulb Possible Link??

Richard,

Do you think that Edna, Cheryl and Ranee's disappearances could be related? They are the same age, weight, etc..and all from PA. That is a lot of similarities.

Pennsylvania Cases from the 1970's

Jenn,
    It is a good possibility that the three are connected. Check out also the posting on Tracy Anne King (missing 1975) and the Unidentified Girl found December 1976. The problem with linking them is that there is very little physical evidence available, and the girls were from widely separated towns, although all in PA.
    All of these girls were about the same age, all disappeared without a trace. There are in excess of 40 girls missing from PA over the past thirty years. Certainly not all are linked to the same perpetrator, but the chances of a serial killer or killers being involved is highly likely.
    In regard to the five 1970's girls, circumstances would indicate a highly mobile perpetrator in each case.
    What do you see in them?

Are these cases related?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...cassandra.html and http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/gregor_ranee.html

Is it just me, or are these two cases possibly related? I know they suspected a serial killer in Pennsylvania at this time too -- there were three or four cases of couples on dates where the young man was shot and the woman abducted. Maybe it's the same guy that was apparently operating in Virginia. The cases are over a decade apart of course, but he could have laid low for awhile and then moved.

There was a similar case in Arkansas in 1999, but they arrested a suspect in that case recently and judging by his age I don't think he could have done the PA/VA cases.

Wow, lots of similarities. Thanks for posting them, Meaghan!

Prayers for the Gregor, Hailey and Call families who still need answers.
    Prayers for the Feeny family to have justice.

With love and HOPE, Lanie

A man named Edward Surratt was always suspected in the disappearance of Renee, but he was never formally charged. Are you familiar with him? Do you think that he abducted(and most likely murdered) Renee? I'm just curious to get other's thoughts because this didn't get a ton of press attention in the years since her disappearance.

Possible Suspect...?

Quote Originally Posted by rozzanna bonesso
    A man named Edward Surratt was always suspected in the disappearance of Renee, but he was never formally charged. Are you familiar with him? Do you think that he abducted(and most likely murdered) Renee? I'm just curious to get other's thoughts because this didn't get a ton of press attention in the years since her disappearance.
    I have never heard of Surratt. What information do you have on him?

Here's a link to a Pittsburg Post Gazette news article that mentions his name....

http://www.post-gazette.com/neigh_wa...over0928p1.asp

Quote Originally Posted by Mullins
    Here's a link to a Pittsburg Post Gazette news article that mentions his name....

http://www.post-gazette.com/neigh_wa...over0928p1.asp
    It is odd, that is the only mention of him I could find.

If it's the one I'm thinking about, it seems like I read a blurb about him on the Charley Project as being a suspect for child abductions. But I scrolled through that website and can't remember which case it was...I'll keep trying. I believe at the time I saw it I was looking chronologically at missing females from 1975 to 1982 on The Charley Project. Some details I remember were----he was tried and convicted for murder, is currently in prison, during his prison term was converted from Christianity to Judaism, and was recently appealing the mandatory shaving of his beard or something to that effect. And to top it off---I can't remember what state either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mullins
    Some details I remember were----he was tried and convicted for murder, is currently in prison, during his prison term was converted from Christianity to Judaism, and was recently appealing the mandatory shaving of his beard or something to that effect.
    That wasn't Edward Suratt, that was Brandon Lee Flagner aka Chico Virgilio Tenorio. He was convicted of Tiffany Papesh's murder. http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...h_tiffany.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jenn
    Richard,

Do you think that Edna, Cheryl and Ranee's disappearances could be related? They are the same age, weight, etc..and all from PA. That is a lot of similarities.
    Jenn, what is Edna's last name? I can't seem to find information about her case. Also, is Cheryl Iacovone the one that you are referring to?

I am trying to put together a complete list of possible vicitims from this area from the lates 70s.

It is Thorne

Surratt-Ranee Gregor

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    I have never heard of Surratt. What information do you have on him?
    Surratt is believed to be the one who did it . He was a garbage man and stocked woman girls. He is in jail in florida for same kinds of things. he is suspected of killing 15 to 40 woman. I'm Ranee Gregors mother. If you can find anything out for me i would really apreciate it. I know alot but cant get the police to help. won't even help missing persons.
    thank you

There are alot of victims from pa. beaver co and ohio this man is involved in. one lived in moon twp.her name was donna she had a husband and 2 kids.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast