Sex: Female
Race: White
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Green
Height: 5'8" (173 cm)
Weight: 120 lbs (54 kg)
Missing From: SECANE, PA, United States
Non-Family Abduction

Cheryl Ann was last seen walking to a friend's house.

Ridley Township Police Department (Pennsylvania) - Missing Persons Unit 1-610-532-4000

Link
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...aseNum=603887&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

July 12th marks the 28th anniversary of the disappearance of Cheryl.

I wonder if there are any details available such as the time of day she was walking to her friend's house, what she was wearing, did her friends/family report any recent arguments, did she have a boyfriend if so what was their relationship like (ie did they get along well)...just so many questions I could go on and on....How long was she gone before reported missing....

Also has anyone looked at the Doe network or Charley Project to see if the descriptions/time frames might match to any? I'll check....

Thought I would bump this up, since there has been some recent interest in 1970's cold cases in PA. Perhaps there might be some connections between Cheryl's case and others.

I wish I knew more about this case -- I know nothing beyond what is on the NCMEC poster. I'm wondering if maybe she was married, though. Girls married young back then, and the "Moser Iacovone" could be her maiden name followed by her married last name. There are least three other girls listed on the NCMEC who were married, and I know one of them had children, though she was just 17.

I wonder how else to get some details released? I guess just contacting the cold case unit/police detectives to see if they can give out further information?

meggilyweggily said:
I wish I knew more about this case -- I know nothing beyond what is on the NCMEC poster. I'm wondering if maybe she was married, though. Girls married young back then, and the "Moser Iacovone" could be her maiden name followed by her married last name. There are least three other girls listed on the NCMEC who were married, and I know one of them had children, though she was just 17.

That's too bad. After all this time, seems like they would try another approach (ie releasing a little more info)....

meggilyweggily said:
They usually won't.

[size=+1]Here is the information which appears on Cheryl Ann's NCMEC poster ...[/size]

[size=+1]CHERYL ANN MOSER IACOVONE[/size]
Case Type: Non Family Abduction
DOB: Apr 21, 1960
Sex: Female
Missing Date: Jul 12, 1977
Height: 5'8" (173 cm)
Weight: 120 lbs (54 kg)
Race: White
Age Now: 46
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Green
Missing City: SECANE
Missing State : PA
Missing Country: United States
Case Number: NCMC603887
Circumstances: Cheryl Ann's photo is shown age-progressed to 42 years. She was last seen walking to a friend's house.

This case makes me sad because I live in Secane. I've asked my mother if she remembers when it happened and she does. I was too young to remember. This year was the 30th anniversary of Cheryl's disappearance and I didn't hear anything about it. I even emailed the local paper to see if they would do a story on it but got no response. I often wonder about her family and wish that there would be closure for them. I wonder if they still live in Secane or nearby.

Bumping case up...

Cheryl Ann Moser Iacovone

Missing since July 12, 1977 from Secane, Delaware County, Pennsylvania.

Classification: Non-Family

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: April 22, 1960
Age at time of disappearance: 17
Height: 5 feet 8 inches
Weight: 120 Pounds
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Green
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female

Circumstances of Disappearance

Cheryl Anne Moser Iacovone was last seen walking to a friend's house in Secane, Pennsylvania on July 12, 1977.

Investigators

If you have any information concerning Iacovone's whereabouts, please contact:

Ridley Township Police Department Missing Persons Unit: 610-532-4000

NCMEC #: NCMC603887

NCIC Number: M-363861568

Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/197dfpa.html

progress.gif

I notice that some girls still marry young in some rural areas, often while still in high school. It seems that most of them are divorced by the time they hit 20 though, once they are mature enough to come to their senses I guess.

This isn't THAT far from where Shelley Luty disappeared in the early 80s. It's a different neighborhood, but about the same high school district (Upper Darby)

Thought I would bump this up, since there has been some recent interest in 1970's cold cases in PA. Perhaps there might be some connections between Cheryl's case and others.
Cheryl's abduction site is close to three other girls that went missing in the Philadelphia area between 1975 and 1983: Edna Thorne (Philly, June of 1975); Wendy Eaton (May, 1975) and Tracey Byrd (March 1983). Edna, Wendy and Tracey were all short (between 4'10 and 5'1) and small (90 to 105 lbs). Cheryl was fairly tall compared to them. I want to do some more mapping of additional cases to see if any pattern emerges.

I have been in contact with Cheryl's half-sister, and she has offered to provide us with any information on Cheryl's case that she can.

If anyone has any questions for Cheryl's family, please let me know and I will forward them to her.

BTW, last Thursday, Apr 22 was Cheryl's 50th birthday.

I have been in contact with Cheryl's half-sister, and she has offered to provide us with any information on Cheryl's case that she can.

If anyone has any questions for Cheryl's family, please let me know and I will forward them to her.

BTW, last Thursday, Apr 22 was Cheryl's 50th birthday.

Please let her know people remember this news about her sister. People care. I pray she may see her half sister again.

Apparently, Cheryl Iacovone’s mother (understantably) nixed the idea of Cheryl’s sister talking about the case to strangers.

She did say that there is a 1983 newspaper article about Cheryl's case in the Delco (i.e., Delaware County PA) Daily Times, and she said that she would mail me a copy. If she does, I will post the info here.

She says that the articles are available at Widener University archives under Delco Daily Times, but I am unable to find them on the Widener University website, or on the Delco Daily Times website.

I read somewere that contact had been made with a half sister that expressed interest in talking with people about this case. " However " when the mother of Cheryl found out she basically told the sister to clam up.

I thought this suspicious , but i have never been a mom , not even a father.

I wonder if it is an issue of being to painfull ? to relive this all over again ?
or does it mean more.

Anyone have any thoughts ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy