What One Thing?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunnieRN

Reaction score
What is the one piece of evidence that causes you to believe that Rebecca was murdered, or that Rebecca committed suicide?

Do you think LE got this one right?

What is the one piece of evidence that causes you to believe that Rebecca was murdered, or that Rebecca committed suicide?

I feel there is more than one thing, in fact too many, but if I had to name one its the 11 inches of disturbed dust where she supposedly went over the balcony. Put your hands to approximately that distance and see how small it is, that that is the only disturbance made when being bound hand and foot and even if going over the railing sideways to me is suspect, minus all the foot prints that needed to be there. That's just the start of it....

Great idea for a thread Sunnie!

For me, it's not one piece of evidence (or lack of a piece of evidence, as the case may be). It's a combination of both existing & missing pieces.

I've been meaning to make a list of all the aspects of this case that have led me to doubt the suicide finding. When I've compiled my list, I'll post it.

I feel there is more than one thing, in fact too many, but if I had to name one its the 11 inches of disturbed dust where she supposedly went over the balcony. Put your hands to approximately that distance and see how small it is, that that is the only disturbance made when being bound hand and foot and even if going over the railing sideways to me is suspect, minus all the foot prints that needed to be there. That's just the start of it....

Isn't it funny how LE doesn't have a re-enactment of Rebecca's body going over the balcony? I truly believe that that 11" disturbance, which if you look at it blown up, is not truly 1 disturbance, but a few inches with a dusty space, than a few more inches of dust, disproves LE statements.

Great call defense!!

Great idea for a thread Sunnie!

For me, it's not one piece of evidence (or lack of a piece of evidence, as the case may be). It's a combination of both existing & missing pieces.

I've been meaning to make a list of all the aspects of this case that have led me to doubt the suicide finding. When I've compiled my list, I'll post it.

I had a list in my mind, but it is growing too large to remember everything now!! I will look forward to your list!!!

The one thing stuck in my mind, more than anything else, is, where is the rest of the rope?

The one thing stuck in my mind, more than anything else, is, where is the rest of the rope?

Great point!! The average estimate is that 50' of rope were used. Tow line ropes are most commonly 60-75'.

..i don't have ONE thing-----but i did think of ANOTHER thing today...

( long story short--neighbour's cat gets hung up in a volleyball net in the garage----his daughter wants daddy to give "mouth-to-mouth"!---he says , get me a knife!!! to cut the net OFF the cat's airway...)

..now------adam has said that he found her, cut her down--and attempted to revive her before calling 911.

..how weird is that? he finds her HUNG BY THE NECK---and tries CPR ---without 1st ripping off those 3 layers of t-shirt ??? around the neck AND the rope ( that was underneath the t-shirt )-- that was strangling her??

..what good is CPR is the victims throat has rope tied tightly around it?

( long story short--neighbour's cat gets hung up in a volleyball net in the garage----his daughter wants daddy to give "mouth-to-mouth"!---he says , get me a knife!!! to cut the net OFF the cat's airway...)

..now------adam has said that he found her, cut her down--and attempted to revive her before calling 911.

..how weird is that? he finds her HUNG BY THE NECK---and tries CPR ---without 1st ripping off those 3 layers of t-shirt ??? around the neck AND the rope ( that was underneath the t-shirt )-- that was strangling her??

As well as her hands tied behind her back, so she couldn't even be laid flat on her back!! Thank you, fantastic point!!

Wow, great point!

I think whoever murdered her took it with them when they left! Along with the duct tape. Probably tossed it in a garbage can somewhere.

Agree with others that there is so much of everything....
The one thing is the toe print...how did a woman go from the bedroom to the edge of the balcony hands and feet bound and leave only a toe print? The balcony was 4 feet away from the threshold of the carpet. I just don't think that is possible.

Agree with others that there is so much of everything....
The one thing is the toe print...how did a woman go from the bedroom to the edge of the balcony hands and feet bound and leave only a toe print? The balcony was 4 feet away from the threshold of the carpet. I just don't think that is possible.

I also question 'one foots' boot print on the balcony. It had to have been there prior to the crime scene being processed, as it is in LE photos. What else was disturbed?

Gosh, there are 3 things that stick out to me and I can't really choose just one. They are:

1. The knots and Rebecca's knowledge (or lack thereof) of how to tie them- both the knots on herself and the knots on the bed. From what I understand they are not difficult to construct but IMO they are still difficult to comprehend and I have serious doubts she was able to do them.

2. The sheer improbability/impossibility that a bound and gagged Rebecca hopped off the balcony and glided right over the side, disturbing only 11 inches of the railing.

3. The message. I can rationalize only one interpretation of it, and that interpretation is that someone else wrote it as a taunt.

Gosh, there are 3 things that stick out to me and I can't really choose just one. They are:

1. The knots and Rebecca's knowledge (or lack thereof) of how to tie them- both the knots on herself and the knots on the bed. From what I understand they are not difficult to construct but IMO they are still difficult to comprehend and I have serious doubts she was able to do them.

2. The sheer improbability/impossibility that a bound and gagged Rebecca hopped off the balcony and glided right over the side, disturbing only 11 inches of the railing.

3. The message. I can rationalize only one interpretation of it, and that interpretation is that someone else wrote it as a taunt.

Great points, all of them. If you look at the blowups of the bannister/railing, you can see that there is not one continuous 11" displacement of dust. But, believe me I understand the point you are making!!

Thank you for posting!!

Just one of the sticking points I've got is that this woman seemed to care so very much about her appearance - too much so to put herself on display in such an ugly way.

I wonder if she was with or without make-up when found.

Just one of the sticking points I've got is that this woman seemed to care so very much about her appearance - too much so to put herself on display in such an ugly way.

I wonder if she was with or without make-up when found.

The only people to address this, that are involved in the case, are the Zahou family. I found this the oddest part of declaring this a suicide. Why would she do this outside in the nude?

I agree it is hard to pick just one. But I tried to Prioritize them from what bothers me the most on down.

#1 In the nude outside. If there was supposed significance in the hanging/Max's fall, why not use the same staircase where the accident happened inside, in private?

#2 Hands and feet tied, regardless of the complication of the knots themselves. The complicated knots just adds to the problem I have with it.

#3 Fabric wrapped around neck. Who worries about pain or comfort of the rope if you've already tied your hands and feet so that you can't back out?

#4 Finally, the cryptic painted message. I just don't see a suicidal person doing that. Paper and pencil is so much easier. Tape it to the door if you want it to be found. The only purpose of the paint was to make it look like it was hers (because she was an artist) and to make handwriting unrecognizable. Just not something a suicidal person would do. IMO

I agree it is hard to pick just one. But I tried to Prioritize them from what bothers me the most on down.

#1 In the nude outside. If there was supposed significance in the hanging/Max's fall, why not use the same staircase where the accident happened inside, in private?

#2 Hands and feet tied, regardless of the complication of the knots themselves. The complicated knots just adds to the problem I have with it.

#3 Fabric wrapped around neck. Who worries about pain or comfort of the rope if you've already tied your hands and feet so that you can't back out?

#4 Finally, the cryptic painted message. I just don't see a suicidal person doing that. Paper and pencil is so much easier. Tape it to the door if you want it to be found. The only purpose of the paint was to make it look like it was hers (because she was an artist) and to make handwriting unrecognizable. Just not something a suicidal person would do. IMO

Fantastic post!!!! #3 - The fabric would not have aided comfort, as it was outside the noose. It was however used as a gag!

It all seems over the top bizarre, does it not?

It just doesn't add up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members